Post: Quality Assurance Officer and Deputy Principal’s PA
Hours: 37 per week
Responsible To: Deputy Principal
Summary of Post: To provide the administrative support for the College’s quality
assurance processes and to collate and present information for
quality assurance purposes. To provide the Deputy Principal
with a PA service as part of the executive officer team
Generic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To be responsible for providing a PA service to the Deputy Principal, ensuring
confidentiality, discretion, tact and the exercise of sound judgement.
2. To take minutes of meetings as requested.
3. To be an active member of the executive officer team ensuring a PA service is
maintained for College Executives and providing additional support for college
4. To be responsible for the collation of information and data for quality assurance
5. To be responsible for the organisation of meetings/validation panels as part of the
quality assurance cycle.
6. To organise and arrange internal reviews including; the scheduling of
observations during the review week, booking of base rooms, notification of
reviews and communications with the review team
7. To be responsible for collating and publishing progress reports in respect to;
strategic plans, improvement and business plans and impact measures.
8. To participate in the College’s performance management system and to
undertake continuing professional development based on individual and college
9. To be responsible for the administration of the College’s complaints procedure.
10. To participate in the Staff Appraisal Scheme and to undertake training based on
individual and service needs.
11. To take a lead in creating a positive, inclusive ethos that challenges
discrimination and promotes equality and diversity.
12. To actively partake in quality assurance within the section.
Quality Assurance Officer and Deputy Principal’s PA
1. NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent √
2. Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy √
3. Two years successful PA experience supporting senior management √ √
4. Excellent computer literacy skills and familiarity with office applications √ √
(including Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
5. Excellent communication and presentation skills √ √
6. The ability to prepare reports and present data in a graphical and user √ √
7. Excellent co-ordination, organisational and time management skills √
8. The ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive issues √
9. The ability to produce detailed reports accurately when under pressure √
10. An enthusiastic and flexible approach with the ability to work as part of a √
team and independently.
11. To demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development. √ √
Advice to Candidates
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records
Failure to meet all of the essential criteria would not necessarily preclude your
application. Consideration will be given to experience and life skills. Thanet College
take pride in their Investors in People Award and Continual Professional
Development will be supported and encouraged.
In completing your application please draw attention to the extent to which you meet
each of the essential characteristics for the post as this will assist with the shortlisting
Whilst applicants may submit a CV in support of their application please note
that the College application form itself must be completed in full.
It is regretted that separate notification cannot be given to candidates not included
on the shortlist for interview. Therefore, if no invitation is received from the College
within two weeks of the closing date candidates must assume that their application
has been unsuccessful.