JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Headteacher and Office Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To provide administrative and clerical support the
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. To undertake word processing and/or copy typing. This will include standard
letters and routine documents, individual letters, worksheets etc, as drafted by
2. To undertake bulk photocopying, as required.
3. To undertake filing, as required.
4. To collect money from pupils, (for school trips, photographs etc) and ensure it
is forwarded to the office manager, in accordance with school procedures.
5. Cataloguing, preparation of, issuing and maintaining materials and
equipment, as required and undertaking regular stocktaking of items held.
6. Taking minutes of meetings, as required.
7. To use the switchboard to answer calls and transfer them to the appropriate
part of the school as well as taking phone messages.
8. To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and
to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
9. To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the level of the post, as
may be required from time to time.