6th Form Development
The objective of the partnership is to
enable as many local students as possible to
fulfil their potential at post-16 providers
within the borough and then progress into
higher education and / or employment.
Richmond Partnership Membership:
• The eight secondary schools,
• Clarendon School,
• Strathmore School,
• Richmond upon Thames College,
• Richmond Council.
• The Current year 10 will be the first cohort
to enter the 6th Form
• Orleans Park Sixth Form will have 250
• Approximately 130 pupils in Year 12 and 120
pupils in Year 13.
• We are near the end of a Building Feasibility
Study with the LA and the Architects.
• Increase in floor space is 2,200 m²costing
• The building work will start at the latest
June 2013 to be open by Sept 2014.
• We are looking mainly at a stand alone
building with a limited amount of
refurbishments, this will reduce the amount
of interruption to our pupils learning
• In 2014 we hope to offer approximately 17-20
A level courses or Level 3 courses depending on
the number of students stay on the 6th Form.
• We will work closely with Teddington and
Waldegrave to deliver some of the minority
• Entry Requirements - 6 A* to C including English
and Maths and at least a B grade in the
subjects being studied.
A level or Level 3
• Art • History
• Biology • IT
• Business Studies • Maths
• Chemistry • Further Maths
• Computing* • Media Studies
• English Lit
• German * • Physics
• Geography • Psychology
• Gov’t and Politics • Sociology
Level 2 courses - 1 year
• Level 2 course are equivalent to GCSEs A *
• We will offer some Level 2 course provision
across the partnership- potentially in
–( A* to C
Business & ICT, Sport, Art & Design &
Heath and Social Care.
• Entry requirements – at least 5 GCSEs at
grades A* to E with a minimum of 2 grades
at D or above
Pastoral Support & Ethos
• Small tutor groups.
• 1:1 tutorials.
• We aim for all students to have a
Form Tutor that teaches them one of
• House & Prefect System.
• Enrichment activities.
• We know our students well.
Information Advice & Guidance
• High quality IAG is vital for all KS4
students to ensure they access the
right education or training opportunities
• UCAS procedures
• Links with Universities
• Work placements
• Careers guidance at all stages
“We are an outstanding school and we
are committed to providing an
outstanding sixth form”