Guestling Parish Council
Minutes of a meeting held on Monday, 14 May 2012 at Three Oaks Village Hall
Graham Macpherson - Guestling Parish Council (GPC)
Marion Roberts - GPC Salie Cox - GPC
Connie Evans - GPC Paul Brown - GPC
Andrew Eldridge - GPC Paul Fountain - GPC
Robin Patten - Rother District Council
Item Notes Action
1. APOLOGIES. Richard Suter, Graham Furness, Carl Maynard, Roger Bird.
2. INTERESTS. None.
1. Chairman. RESOLVED: Graham Macpherson elected.
2. The chairman declared his acceptance of office.
3. Vice-chairman. RESOLVED: Marion Roberts elected.
4. Committees and representatives. RESOLVED: Planning
committee: Roberts, Evans, Macpherson, Brown, Cox, and
Furness. Bradshaw Trust, Eldridge. Marsham Older Peoples
Project, Evans. Police priority panel, Roberts, Evans. ESCC Tree
Warden, Evans. Rother Assoc. of Local Councils, Brown, Furness.
Rother Transport Action Group, Brown, Furness. All members will
be advised of meetings and can represent the council
4 MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Chairman of the Council is authorised
to sign the minutes of Council meeting,12 March 2012
5. MATTERS ARISING. Items not on the agenda. Field in Trust deed is Brown
being prepared. Guestling Rangers have applied for grant funding to Roberts
improve the pavilion. Speed Gun, progress has been made a training Macph’
will start soon. The Notice board has been delivered and will be erected
shortly. Rother DC has declined to make their land (asset reg. G011)
available for allotments. The Scout Group have secured funding else
6. COMMITTEE MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the minutes of the planning
committee are received held 12 March, 10 April, 08 May 2012.
7. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. PC Paul Fielder listed the recent incidents
in the parish and advised that speeding is now the high priority. Our
District councillor reported that the waste contract negotiations are
proceeding and that the Localism Act makes it possible to use
association with the locality a key factor in the allocation of social
8. INSURANCE. The risks were reviewed and renewal approved. Cover for
the new notice board and bus stop shelter will be included in the policy.
RESOLVED: That the policy be renewed.
1. Review accounts. RESOLVED: That the Chairman of the Council
is authorised to sign the 31.03.2012 annual return and bank
reconciliations at 31.03.2012 and 01.05.2012
2. Approve payments. RESOLVED: That the following cheques are
approved for payment. Harborough Nurseries (C.Evans) (canes
and tree protectors) £45.00. EDF direct Debit (pavilion power)
£32.53. Sussex Association of Local Councils (subscription)
£367.97. Rother Association of Local Councils (subscription)
£30.00. David Etches (hedge cutting) £90.00. Came &Co
(insurance) £441.79. Notice-it (notice board) £660.00. Three
Oaks village hall (meeting 14.05.12) £4.75. Direct Debit payments
for pavilion water and electricity to continue.
3. Signatories to bank account. RESOLVED: That the signatories to
the bank account are unchanged, Roberts, Suter, Macpherson,
10. ROADS AND TRANSPORT.
1. Bus Shelter. The replacement shelter opposite the school will be
installed as soon as written agreement is received from the
11. PLAYING FIELD/PAVILION.
1. Tree/hedge planting. A large group of volunteers have planted Evans
the saplings. An oak tree has been ordered which will be planted
to mark the Queens diamond jubilee.
2. Consider proposal from Buckswood School. Three
representatives from the school expanded on the proposal for the
school to use and maintain the playing field and offer greater
sporting opportunities to local children. RESOLVED: That
Cllrs.Macpherson and Eldridge will arrange a meeting with Macp’ &
representatives of Buckswood School, G-R FC and Guestling Eldridge
bowls club to find a mutually agreeable arrangement.
3. Review of charges to clubs using the facility. RESOLVED: That
this be postponed until after the meeting mentioned above, 11.2.
4. Review pavilion maintenance. Timber treatment, gutters,
electrical, frost proofing. RESOLVED: As minute 11.3.
12. EMERGENCY PLAN. Reviewed.
13. REGISTER OF PREJUDICIAL INTEREST. Members were requested to
advise the clerk of any changes or confirm that there is no change.
1. Southern Water. RE. New Three Oaks drains. RESOLVED: That Macp’
Cllr. Macpherson arranges a meeting.
2. Rother DC. Devolution Working Group. RESOLVED: That cllrs. Brown
advise the clerk of their ideas before he replies.
3. Buckswood School. See minute 11.2.
THE NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY 09 JULY 2012 AT
GUESTLING VILLAGE HALL.
Paul Brown (cllr. & acting clerk) T:01424 814795 email: email@example.com