CITY OF RENSSELAER
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
BUILDING & ZONING
CITY HALL, 62 WASHINGTON STREET
RENSSELAER, NEW YORK 12144-2696
Planning (518) 465-1693 Building (518) 462-5489 Fax (518) 465-2031
City of Rensselaer Planning Commission
Monday, January 9, 2012 – 6:30 pm
Please note that this meeting will take place in CITY HALL at 62 WASHINGTON STREET.
A half-hour public workshop meeting will take place before the main meeting.
1. Call to order 5. Old Business
2. Determination of a quorum 6. New Business
3. Approval of prior meeting minutes 7. Next Meeting
4. Communications 8. Adjournment
1. Leonard Cross of Yankee Doodle Taxi, 215 Academy St. – Action Requested:
Approve site plan to relocate taxi dispatch and car storage to a garage in the Local
2. Thomas Frede, 26 Broadway – Action Requested: Approve a Certificate of
Appropriateness to erect 20’ x 26’ (520ft2) car port in the rear of the property facing
Academy St., in the Historic District.
3. Martha Hobbs, 112 Broadway – Action Requested: Approve site-plan to establish a
resale business in the Local Business District.
4. Charles Herrick, 1484 3rd St. – Action Requested: Approve special use permit to erect
a 20’ x 21’ (420ft2) carport in a district zoned two-family residential.
5. Bert Hunter, 501 East St. – Action Requested: Approve preliminary site-plan
amendment to extend services and expand parking from 15 spaces to 37.
Page 1 of 1