1. Your food must either be a) authentic to the novel or b) representative of a character from the
2. Out of concern for the health of all of our guests, your dish MAY NOT include nuts, seafood
3. Your food must either be non-perishable or be brought to Mrs. Rames during STEN so that it
can be stored in either a refrigerator or cooler.
4. Your dish must be accompanied by a place card with the following information:
a. The name of the character would have provided this dish or which character this dish
b. Why that character would have provided this dish or why this dish represents the
c. Where in the book this dish can be found or where in the book this character can be
d. Your name.
5. Your food cannot consist of items not available for purchase at a store. In other words, I do
not want anyone to bring squirrel or possum to share.
Please see the reverse side for a list of foods found in the novel.
Ice, wheat and flour Chicken
Collard patch, row of collards Fried pork chops
Crackling bread Coca cola
Hickory nuts Sardines
Turnip greens Crackers
Potatoes Nehi Cola
Fried chicken Squirrel
Pound cake Rabbit
Ice cream Pecans
Lane Cake Milk
Sugar Potato salad
Ham Salt pork
Summer vegetables Beans
Peach pickles Rolls
Biscuits and butter Pickled pigs’ knuckles
Coffee Tootsie Rolls
Pork and beans Dewberry tarts
Lemon drops Cookies
Cherry wine Divinity
Biscuit and syrup Angel food cake