GGS 12 Non-Fiction Project Part 3
Now that you have all completed reading your book and your “What I Read” worksheet, you
need to now prepare a book review that will be converted into a QR code. When you are writing
your review please use the following steps as a guide. The purpose of this assignment is to
demonstrate what you have learned about the experiences of people living in other parts of the
World. We will be using this to create a library of book review pod-casts that future global
geography students can access to help better select their novel.
1. Give a brief explanation of where and when your book takes place
2. Introduce us to the central person/people in your novel and explain their
3. How has the situation affected the person?
4. Sweep the book. Grab key moments (the ones that stick out) and then link one
key moment to the next. (Do not include the end)
5. What are some things that you learned from your novel?
6. What did you like/dislike?
7. Rate your novel out of 5 stars and explain why.
8. Who would this book be best suited for (think page numbers, reading level,
9. Edit, revise and proofread it. Have someone who has not read the book
proofread it and see if they have any questions requiring clarification. (do you
give them enough information to make a decision on whether or not to read the
10. Have your proof-reader comment about what is good and what needs to be
improved about your summary. (Sign and date)
11. Go to http://www.the2dcode.com/qr-code-generator (click on the plain text tab)
Copy and paste your review. And then click generate.
12. Test your QR code to ensure that it reads properly; email your code to your