Mandatory Disclosure by Institutions running AICTE approved
Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy programmes to be included in their respective Information
Brochure, displayed on their website and to be submitted to AICTE every year together with its
The following information is to be given in the Information Brochure besides being hosted
on the Institution’s official Website.
“The information has been provided by the concerned institution and the onus of authenticity
lies with the institution and not on AICTE.”
I. NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
Address including telephone, Fax, e-mail.
DUMKAL INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
VILL-BASANTAPUR, PO-BASANTAPUR, PS-DUMKAL
DIST MURSHIDABAD, PIN-742406
Telephone-03481-230033/231155/231144, Fax-03481-231188, Email – email@example.com
II. NAME & ADDRESS OF THE DIRECTOR/PRINCIPAL
Address including telephone, Fax, e-mail.
PROF DR DIBYENDU GHOSHAL
PO & PS-DUMKAL, DIST MURSHIDABAD
III. NAME OF THE AFFILIATING UNIVERSITY
West Bengal University of Technology
Members of the Board and their brief background
Members of Academic Advisory Body
The following is the details of the members of the Board of Governors:
Sl. Designation in
1 Dr Nazrul Islam Chairman, Basantapur Chairman
Education Society (BES)
2 Asraful Islam Secretary, BES Vice Chairman
3 Dr Dibyendu Ghoshal Director, DIET Member Secretary
4 Debasish Kundu Principal, Dumkal Polytechnic Member
Sl. Designation in
5 Prof Dr Manoranjan Principal, Education College Member
6 Prasanta Bagchi President, Murshidabad Member
District Chambers of
7 Dr. Satyakia Bhattacharya Govt. College of Engineering & University Nominee
Technology, Shrirampore, WB
8 Director of Technical DTE, Govt of WB Member (Ex- Officio)
9 Sri Dilip Kr. Sarkar Asstt Teacher, Dumkal BT High Govt. of WB
10 Regional Officer RO, ERO, Kolkata Member (Ex-Officio)
Frequency of the Board Meetings and Academic Advisory Body
Two meetings in a semester.
Organizational chart and processes
1. Director – Prof Dr D Ghoshal
1. Principal-Prof Dr J K Ray
2. Vice Principal – Pallav Jyoti Pal
3. Registrar- Md B Hossain
4. Account Assistant - Palas Kundu
5. Jr Office Assistant-M Hossain
6. Library Assistant-Abdul Majid
7. Clerk-Dipti Adhikary
8. Computer- Usuf Ali
9. In addition other supporting staff.
Nature and Extent of involvement of faculty and students in academic
The Faculty Members are full time and they actively take part in academic affairs
and various project work and seminars etc. are undertaken for improvement of the
Mechanism/Norms & Procedure for democratic/good Governance
The administration is based transparent rules guided by democratic norms. In every
department there are HODs who keep relation between the faculty members and the
Student Feedback on Institutional Governance/faculty performance
The Students are happy and friendly with the institute.
Grievance redressal mechanism for faculty, staff and students
There are anti-ragging committee and committee for redressal in case of sexual
harassment of lady staff.
Name of the Programmes approved by the AICTE
1. ECE, 2. IT, 3. CSE, 4. EIE 5. EE
Name of the Programmes accredited by the AICTE
For each Programme the following details are to be given:
Number of seats NA
Cut off mark/rank for admission during the last three years NA
Placement Facilities NA
Campus placement in last three years with minimum salary, maximum
salary and average salary : Almost 80% –85% passed out students have got
placement through on campus/ pooled campus interview. Salary Range 1.4
lac to 3.5 lac per anum.
Name and duration of programme(s) having affiliation/collaboration with Foreign
University(s)/Institution(s) and being run in the same Campus along with status of
their AICTE approval. If there is foreign collaboration, give the following details:
Details of the Foreign Institution/University: NA
Name of the University/Institution NA
Is the Institution/University Accredited in its Home Country NA
Ranking of the Institution/University in the Home Country NA
Whether the degree offered is equivalent to an Indian Degree? If yes, the
name of the agency which has approved equivalence. If no, implications for
students in terms of pursuit of higher studies in India and abroad and job
both within and outside the country.
Nature of Collaboration NA
Conditions of Collaboration NA
Complete details of payment a student has to make to get the full benefit of
For each Collaborative/affiliated Programme give the following: NA
Number of seats
Placement Records for last three years with minimum salary, maximum
salary and average salary
Whether the Collaborative Programme is approved by AICTE? If not whether the
Domestic/Foreign Institution has applied to AICTE for approval as required under
notification no. 37-3/Legal/2005 dated 16th May, 2005
Branch wise list of faculty members:
Permanent Faculty: CSE 12, IT 12, ECE 14, EIE 12, EE 13
Visiting Faculty: 01
Adjunct Faculty: 23
Guest Faculty: Guest lecturers are invited whenever required.
Number of faculty employed and left during the last three years
Nos of Faculty Employed during last three years: 58
Nos. of Faculty left during last three years : 39
VII. PROFILE OF DIRECTOR/PRINCIPAL WITH QUALIFICATIONS, TOTAL EXPERIENCE, AGE AND
DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE INSTITUTE CONCERNED
For each Faculty give a page covering
1. Name : Prof Dr Dibyendu Ghoshal
2. Date of Birth: 13.08.1962
3. Educational Qualification: M Tech, PhD
4. Work Experience
- Teaching: 05 Years
- Research: 20 Years
- Industry: 00 Years Signature
- Others : 05 Years
5. Area of Specializations Microwave
6. Subjects teaching at Under Graduate Level
Post Graduate Level
7. Research guidance
No. of papers published in
Masters’s - National Journals: 06 (Six)
Ph.D. - International Journals: 02 (Two )
- Conferences: 19 ( Nineteen )
8. Projects Carried out: Many
9. Patents: Nil
10. Technology Transfer: Nil
11. Research Publications: 27 Papers and 54 Technical Reports
12. No. of Books published with details: Nil
Details of fee, as approved by State fee Committee, for the Institution.
Tuition Fee : Rs. 20500.00 Per Semester
Development Fee: University Development Fee 2000.00
Library Fee – 1500.00 ( One time )
Admission Fee- 3000.00 ( One time )
University Regn Fee: 300.00 one time
Semester Exam Fee: 800.00 each sem
Time schedule for payment of fee for the entire programme.
At the beginning of the semester ( January & July )
No. of Fee waivers granted with amount and name of students.
Shamim Iqbal Manon, Jyoti Kumari, Soumya Vidushi, Subal Chakraborty, Sanjib
Das, Ashoke Kr Das, Soyeluddin Biswas, Md Quiser Alam,Md Tohidul Islam, Sohel
Rana,Asif Ikbal Mandal, Jhuma Mandal, Md Saiful Islam, Sangeeta Adhikary, Md
Abdul Wahab, Saurav Samaadder, Fazle Karim, Sahariar Hossain, Debasish Ghosh,
Number of scholarship offered by the institute, duration and amount:
A few free and half free studentships are granted
Criteria for fee waivers/scholarship.
Financial Condition and Academic performance
Estimated cost of Boarding and Lodging in Hostels.
About Rs. 2000/- per month.
Number of seats sanctioned with the year of approval.
CSE-60, IT-60, ECE-60, EIE-60, EE-60 AICTE approval for 2008 -2009
Number of students admitted under various categories each year in the last three
Year 2007 Year 2008 Year 2009
Stream No of Students Stream No of Students Stream No of Students
Admitted Admitted Admitted
CSE 60 CSE 60 CSE 14
IT 59 IT 60 IT 11
ECE 60 ECE 60 ECE 46
EIE 59 EIE 58 EIE 15
EE 60 EE 59 EE 54
Number of applications received during last two years for admission under
Management Quota and number admitted. Nil
X. ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Mention the admission test being followed, name and address of the Test Agency
and its URL (website).
Through Counseling, Central Selection Committee, www.csc-et.in
Number of seats allotted to different Test Qualified candidates separately
[AIEEE/CET (State conducted test/University tests)/Association conducted test]
AIEEE-15% and State Joint-85%
Calendar for admission against management/vacant seats:
- Last date for request for applications: NA
- Last date for submission of application: NA
- Dates for announcing final results: NA
- Release of admission list (main list and waiting list should be announced on
the same day): NA
- Date for acceptance by the candidate (time given should in no case be less
than 15 days): NA
- Last date for closing of admission.: Within three days after counseling held by
- Starting of the Academic session.: July each year.
- The waiting list should be activated only on the expiry of date of main list.
- The policy of refund of the fee, in case of withdrawal, should be clearly
The fee is refunded to those students only who leave college with proper
notice obtaining release letter and no objection certificate.
XI. CRITERIA AND WEIGHTAGES FOR ADMISSION:
Candidates qualified in AIEEE/WBJEE are only eligible
Describe each criteria with its respective weightages i.e. Admission Test, marks in
qualifying examination etc. : NA
Mention the minimum level of acceptance, if any. : NA
Mention the cut-off levels of percentage & percentile scores of the candidates in the
admission test for the last three years. : NA
Display marks scored in Test etc. and in aggregate for all candidates who were
admitted. : NA
Item No I – XI must be given in information brochure and must be hosted as fixed content in
the website of the Institution.
The Website must be dynamically updated with regard to XII–XV.
XIV. APPLICATION FORM
Downloadable application form, with online submission possibilities.
XV. LIST OF APPLICANTS : NA
List of candidates whose applications have been received along with
percentile/percentage score for each of the qualifying examination in separate
categories for open seats. List of candidates who have applied along with percentage
and percentile score for Management quota seats.
XVI. RESULTS OF ADMISSION UNDER MANAGEMENT SEATS/VACANT SEATS
No such provision is there.
Composition of selection team for admission under Management Quota with the
brief profiles of members (This information be made available in the public domain
after the admission process is over)
Score of the individual candidates admitted arranged in order of merit. : NA
List of candidates who have been offered admission. : NA
Waiting list of the candidates in order of merit to be operative from the last date of
joining of the first list candidates. : NA
List of the candidates who joined within the date, vacancy position in each category
before operation of waiting list. : NA
XVII. INFORMATION ON INFRASTRUCTURE AND OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE
Number of Library books/Titles/Journals available (programme-wise)
S.No Course(s) of titles of the
1 CSE 660 3765 01 00
2 IT 651 3651 03 00
3 ECE 686 3920 02 05
4 EIE 626 3749 03 02
5 EE 666 3741 03 00
List of online National/International Journals subscribed. This college has
subscribed for INDSET online journal and about 200 Journal ( Full version ) are
being accessed by the students.
E-Library facilities: Satellite Interactive Terminal has been set up and this has direct
link with WBUT and all IITs over India for sharing live demonstration of class room
For each Laboratory : All laboratories are as per WBUT syllabus and space and equipments
available as per AICTE norms.
List of Major Equipment/Facilities
Eight Computer Labs, Basic Electronics Engineering Lab, Electrical Engineering Lab, Engineering
Graphics Lab, Engineering Physics Lab, Engineering Chemistry Lab, Language Lab, Transducer &
Sensor Lab, Analog Electronic Circuits Lab, Digital Electronics & Integrated Circuits Lab, Electronic
Measurement & Instrumentation Lab, Data Structure Lab, Analog Communication Lab, Computer
Organization & Architecture Lab, Circuit Theory & Network Lab, Communication Engineering Lab,
andWorkshop with Machine Shop, Carpentry Shop etc. Microprocessor & Micro Controller Lab,
Industrial Instrumentation Lab, Antenna and Audio-Video Lab, Internet Lab, Power Electronics Lab,
Process Control Lab, Digital Communication Lab, Microwave Lab, Measurement Lab, Telemetry Lab,
Advanced Communication Lab, VLSI & Design Lab etc, Digital Signal Processing Lab, Electrical
Machine Lab 1 & 2, Electrical Drives lab, Thermal Power Engg Lab etc.
List of Experimental Setup
VLSI, Telemetry, DSP , Microprocessor, Power Electronics, Communication Setups etc.
Number and Configuration of Systems: P-IV 320 Nos
Total number of systems connected by LAN : 220 Nos
Total number of systems connected to WAN: Nil
Internet bandwidth : 2MB Radio Tower Connectivity
Major software packages available:
Windows 98, Windows XP, Red Hat Linux, Matlab, MS Office 2003, Adobe
Photoshop, Macromedia Director, Macromedia Flash, Visual Studio, .NET
Desktop Campus All lng Lic/ SA Pack MVL – (B ) 100 pcs, Visual Studio Pro All
Lng Lic / SA Pack MVL – ( B ) 100 p-cs, Windows Svr Std All Lng Lic/ SA Pack
MVL – B 2, SQL Svr Std Edn Win 32 All Lng Lic/ SA Pack MVL – ( B ) 1, SQL Svr
Std Edn Win 32 All Lng Lic/ SA MVL Device CAL – B 100 pcs, Windows XP Prof
SP3 Media Kit-B 1 pcs, Office 2007 Prof Plus Media Kit- 1pcs, Visual studio 2008
Prof Media Kit – ( B ) 1 pcs, Windows 2008 Svr Std 32/ X64Bit Eng Disk kit – B 1pcs,
SQL Server 2008 Std Media Kit – B 1 pcs
Special purpose facilities available:
List of facilities available.
Games and Sports Facilities: Yes
Extra Curriculum Activities: Yes
Soft Skill Development Facilities: Yes
Number of Classrooms and size of each: 28, 94.67 x28 SqM each
Number of Tutorial rooms and size of each: 08, i) 135.84x2, ii) 67.43x2,
iii) 54.47x2, iv) 67.58x2 v) 53.74x2
Number of laboratories and size of each: 20, 137.15 x20 Sq.M
Number of drawing halls and size of each: 02, 137.15x02 Sq.M
Number of Computer Centres with capacity of each: 07, i) 137.15x2, ii) 54.43x4
Central Examination Facility, Number of rooms and capacity of each: Nil
Teaching Learning process:
Curricula and syllabi for each of the programmes as approved by the University.
Academic Calendar of the University: From July to December and January to June
Academic Time Table: From 10.30 am to 5.00 pm
Teaching Load of each Faculty: 12 – 16 periods per week
Internal Continuous Evaluation System and place : Done on regular basis
Students’ assessment of Faculty, System in place: Online system implemented
For each Post Graduate programme give the following: NA
i. Title of the programme
ii. Curricula and Syllabi
iii. Faculty Profile
SI Name DESIGNATION Subject Teaching
1. Prof Dr P C Sen Professor Electronics
2. Prof Dr D Ghoshal Professor/Direc Electronics
3. Sahadev Roy Lecturer Electronics
4. Debasish Kundu Asstt Prof Electronics
5. Madhusudan Das Lecturer Electronics
6. Hasanujjaman Lecturer Electronics
7. Sharmin Shabnam Lecturer Electronics
8. Sahanowaj Khan Lecturer Electronics
9. Atanu Sen Lecturer Electronics
10. Samiran Sarkar Lecturer Electronics
11. Taslim Haider Lecturer Electronics
12. Arindam Biswas Lecturer Electronics
13. Soumya Ghosh Lecturer Electronics
14. Abhik Biswas Lecturer Electronics
15. Prof Dr A K Bandyopadhyay Professor Computer Science
16. Sofikul Islam Asstt Prof Computer Science
17. Retwick Chatterjee Asstt Prof Computer Science
18. Palash Das Lecturer Computer Science
19. Sankar Karmakar Lecturer Computer Science
SI Name DESIGNATION Subject Teaching
20. Mansuruzzaman Lecturer Computer Science
21. Anupam Roy Lecturer Computer Science
22. Subhasis Biswas Lecturer Computer Science
23. Safikureshi Mondal Lecturer Computer Science
24. Proton Sarkar Lecturer Computer Science
25. Antara Munshi Lecturer Computer Science
26. Sumit Kr Samanta Lecturer Computer Science
27. Md Hamid Islam Lecturer Information Technology
28. Sahanowaj Ahmed Lecturer Information Technology
29. Suvendu Chatterjee Lecturer Information Technology
30. Mousumi Biswas Lecturer Information Technology
31. Arun Kr Sadhu Asstt Prof Information Technology
32. Zinnat Rehena Asstt Prof Information Technology
33. Sukanta Mondal Lecturer Information Technology
34. Sandipan Biswas Lecturer Information Technology
35. Sohini Bhattacharyya Lecturer Information Technology
36. Jahiruddin Ahmed Lecturer Information Technology
37. Sunny Biswas Lecturer Information Technology
38. Rajesh Mukherjee Lecturer Information Technology
39. Prof Dr Joyanta Kumar Roy Professor / Electronics & Inst.
40. Md Faysal Kabir Asstt prof Electronics & Inst.
41. Hassanujjaman Mandal Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
42. Pritam Singha Roy Asstt Prof Electronics & Inst.
43. Krishnan Banerjee Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
44. Md Asifuzzaman Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
45. Promit Datta Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
46. Subhajit Bhattacharyya Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
- 10 -
SI Name DESIGNATION Subject Teaching
47. Rudra Prasad Biswas Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
48. Tanbir Ahasan Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
49. Sampurna Santra Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
50. Sujit Khamaru Lecturer Electronics & Inst.
51. Rajendranath Naskar Asstt Prof Electrical
52. Sonar Chand Jana Lecturer Electrical
53. Subhadip Chandra Lecturer Electrical
54. Subhadeep Chakraborty Lecturer Electrical
55. Rajat Kr Ranu Lecturer Electrical
56. Suparna Maity Lecturer Electrical
57. Bikram Dutta Lecturer Electrical
58. Saroj Kumar Bayen Lecturer Electrical
59. Gopal Krishna Lecturer Electrical
60. Subrata Mondal Lecturer Electrical
61. Sirsendu Pal Lecturer Electrical
62. Chandrani Nath Lecturer Electrical
63. Subhendu Karmakar Lecturer Electrical
64. Md Baijid Hossain Sr. Lecturer Humanities
65. Adway Chowdhury Lecturer Humanities
66. Masud Billa Lecturer Humanities
67. Mainak Mondal Lecturer Humanities
68. Sahin Sariar Lecturer Management
69. Nirupam Roy Lecturer Management
70. Saidul Haque Lecturer Management
71. S M Munir Lecturer Management
72. Subrata Kar Sr Lecturer Math
73. Pallav Jyoti Pal AsstProf & Math
- 11 -
SI Name DESIGNATION Subject Teaching
74. Sarfaraj Nowaj Lecturer Math
75. Md Refatullah Lecturer Math
76. Anindita Nandi Lecturer Physics
77. Subhendu Maity Lecturer Physics
78. Indranil Bhattacharjee Lecturer Physics
79. Abhijit Mandal Lecturer Chemistry
80. Baidyanath Ghosh Lecturer Chemistry
81. Basantalal Agarwal Lecturer Chemistry
82. A K Mondal Asst. Prof & Chemistry
83. Tapan Kr Bandyopadhyay Asst Prof Mechanical
84. Albert Siraj Banerjee Lecturer Mechanical
85. Chandan Kumar Lecturer Mechanical
86. Abhra Kanti Kar Lecturer Mechanical
Brief profile of each faculty: Copy Enclosed.
Laboratory facilities exclusive to the PG programme: VLSI, DSP & Applied
Instrumentation Labs have been upgraded for PG Programmes.
Software, all design tools in case
Academic Calendar and frame work
List of typical research projects.
Publications (if any) out of research in last three years out of masters projects
Contact address of co-ordinator of the PG Programme: NA
- 12 -
NOTE: Suppression and/or misrepresentation of information would attract
appropriate penal action.
- 13 -