Ceramics 2a - Pinch Pot Rattle
Students will be able to
1. Translate a 2-D drawing into a 3-D object.
2. Translate cultural influences and esthetics into the creation of a personal piece of
3. Understand and practice a basic clay manipulation.
4. Use multi-media additives in embellishing a ceramic form.
5. Use natural and manmade texture to add interest.
Brief presentation on a variety of pinch pots and African rattle.
Using paper and pencils, students will draw at variety of rattle ideas. Rattle must have
character and texture.
Using drawings as guide, students will create a personal rattle. Rattle must remain as
accurate to drawings as possible. Students must use at least 2 objects to impress texture
onto rattles. Grade will be given on completed form.
Once fired, students will glaze rattles.
After glazing, students will construct rattles with posts and interior ceramic balls.
Additional grade will be given on completed rattle.