Professional Five Year Plan:
3.1 Discipline Areas: Criminal Justice. Classes include: Introduction to
Criminal Justice, Ethnics in Criminal Justice, Police Operations,
History of Homicide & Police Administration.
• To remain current knowledge within the Criminal Justice
• To constantly update my knowledge and teaching skills
within the Criminal Justice field especially in technological
advances, criminal law, and current police operational
• To improve my knowledge and skills in Criminal Justice
through effective teaching, and education.
• To communicate effectively as a professor to my students,
colleagues, Anne Arundel Community College, and law
• Complete a Doctoral Degree from Morgan State University.
• Attend the National Criminal Justice Association
Conventions’ Seminars/Workshops to remain current in the
field of Criminal Justice especially in the field of policing.
• To attend Anne Arundel County Bar Association seminars on
law and constitution in order to stay abreast of policies and
procedures within the Maryland judicial system.
• Maintain memberships in National Criminal Justice
Association & National Black Criminal Justice Association.
• Attend campus-wide workshops, seminars and conferences
on Criminal Justice.
• To address and explain current issues through journals,
publications, the Internet, and conversations with other
professors, students, and law enforcement community.
•Create more group interaction, and group projects.
• Continue incorporating technology in class assignments,
homework and group projects through the Internet, the
development of PowerPoint presentations, and group projects.
•Create and implement cyber projects that are criminal justice
• To encourage group interaction, group projects and
significant appreciation of course material as it relates to
Criminal Justice and policing.
• To promote and remain up to date in technological
advancements in Police Science, Ethics and Criminal Justice in
• To sustain high ethical standards in teaching as a college
• Participate in workshops and seminars concerning Police
Science, Criminal Justice and Maryland Law and policies.
• To improve my subject lectures, class assignments and group
• Guest lectures and field trips that are criminal justice related.
• Create and/or concentrate on Maryland Judicial system,
Criminal Justice and Police Science & Technology workshops,
conferences, or classes that focus on technology, innovative,
and current developmental tools.
• Create and implement programs in Police Academy programs, and
Police Science courses online. Additionally, create and implement
Multicultural course in Law Enforcement, and online.
• Improve my teaching effectiveness through workshops, conferences,
and seminars presented my TEACH Institute, Criminal Justice
Institute, and other related organizations/agencies.
• To create an environment in Criminal Justice field that is community
engaging, strong leadership collaboration within the Criminal Justice
Institute and surrounding County and City, and reach out to other
law enforcement organizations within the US and overseas to create
strong globalization approach.
• Have guest lectures, and make presentations to the Criminal Justice
Institute on criminal justice issues such as civil liberties, Cybercrime,
police ethics, and current criminal justice technology and/or
• To remain an active consultant for Brendan Homes Inc., as crime
• To create and implement new courses in criminal justice credit and
• To promote police-research partnership, and critical thinking in
•To serve on a college-wide committee.
• To guest lecture for various professional and local community
associations, and criminal justice organization police strategies,
community policing models, crime-fighting problem-solving, and