Individual Halloween Web-Quest Project
Escuela Americana Extension TCC 8.30 AM
Teacher: Danielle Mackey
- To use the internet as an effective tool to research Halloween
- To understand the origins of the holiday we are about to celebrate, and how it has evolved
throughout the years
- To understand how different areas of the world celebrate the holiday differently
- To understand All Souls’ Day vs. Halloween
Make a Powerpoint in which you explain each aspect of Halloween that you researched. Each
aspect should take up at least one slide. For example: Slide 1: Cover page. Slide 2: The history of
Halloween. Slide 2: The origins of the holiday. Etc.
Include one image on each slide.
The information you put on the slide MUST BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Even one sentence that is
copied/pasted will result in a grade of 0 for your entire project. Copy/paste is plagiarism, which
is illegal, and it doesn’t help you learn.
o You should avoid plagiarism by summarizing all of the webpages that you read—take
notes and then summarize it in your own words. Remember, in class we learned that a
good summary as three parts: a) is in your own words, b) is short, and c) captures all of
the main ideas, and only the main ideas!
You should have 8 slides in total (One slide for each topic, and and a cover page and a closing
Topics and Websites to use:
1. The history of Halloween http://www.history.com/topics/halloween
2. The origins of the holiday http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween/history.htm
3. The origins of the Jack-o-lantern http://www.fabulousfoods.com/articles/21459/the-history-
4. Halloween Songs http://www.jackolanterns.net/songs.htm
5. Halloween ghost stories http://www.halloweenghoststories.com/
6. Halloween in Spain http://www.jackolanterns.net/spanishhalloween.htm