Agenda Task Items
Task Description Date Status IT Resources HS Resource ITEMS TO COMPLETE TELECOM/IT NOTES:
1. Design Plan & Cost - Design complete - need cost for This item was pulled from court and will be placed on the next court in
one item (Allen, Frisco, & McKinney) October. This item was approved on court and we will enter a req to start
process.Req entered on 11/2/06. Equipment for Embassy is being
2. Meeting with other entities - complete
recvd.Equipment for the Embassy has been installed but not connected.
3. Addition cost for embassy - $120,000 working with we are waiting on the fiber to be installed. Waiting on qoute for additional
Budget for funds-Complete equipment for Frisco City Hall to police Embassy fiber connection.
4. '06 Grant funds on Comm Crt Oct 10, 2006? Equipment ordered and waiting on approval City of Frisco for fiber
5. IA between County and entities on Comm Crt Oct connection to PD. Waiting on status of additional fiber pair for PD.
24, 2006? Telecom has received additional equipment needed. 2-7-07 Allen is
complete, Collin County is complete (CCECC/Embassy), Waiting on
fiber between City Hall and PD should be complete by Capco March 9th.
Sharon Steve 3-9-07. Allen is complete. We are having communications problems. A
Embassy/CCECC Fiber Barnes/Caren Wasserman/K CiscoTAC call is open. When Motorola equipment is restarted problem is
Switch '05 Grant Funds December 31, 2006 Active Skipworth elley Stone resolved. May need IOS updates, 4-12-07.
1. Design Plan & Cost (Plano & Plano ISD) Req. entered on 11/2/06 Called HLS to check on status of PO and Carol
2. Meeting with other entities - complete S. sated that the Application was entered into the web.11/14/06- We
have PO for the fiber we need the IA from City of Plano and the CCECC
3. Complete IA's and '06 Grant funds
equipment is on order. Plano is now requesting a UPS which was not
4. Will require pole cost for City of Plano - monthly cost originally agreed. Checking on funds. Plano ISD wants to change
equipment location from Middle school to admin building. Setting up
meeting. Need to get status if IA's for both locations. 2-7-07 I emailed
Plano ISD to 2-19-07 and 2-28-07 to set up meeting to discuss the
change of locations. Meeting scheduled for TH, 3-8-07 with Plano ISD,
and hopefully Wylie, 3-7-07. Met with Plano ISD, we have a solution for
PISD. AT&T will provide them a qoute for the additional fiber needed.
Capco will still do what was in the original scope. Dan Armstrong will
follow up with a qoute. 3-9-07 Received response from Curt in Frisco
with scheduling plans for the 6504 switch power. Received updated
Embassy/CCECC Fiber Barnes/Caren Wasserman/K Frisco, IA for review. 4-12-07.
Switch '06 Grant Funds April 30, 2007 Active Skipworth elley Stone
1. Add City of Wylie, Wylie ISD, and Murphy to the fiber Contacted Kyle to get quote on Wylie route. Talked to Capco again
and embassy switches 11/14/06 emailed Capco 1/9/07. Working with Capco for pricing on fiber
and a meeting is scheduled with motorola 1-9-07 Emailed Capco 2-28-
07 to check on pricing. Albert emailed Flair to review equipment quote 2-
Sharon Steve 28-07. Gathered funding for new sites from Capco and Flair, 3-7-07. Met
with PISD, at this point they cannot share their fiber for Wylie and
Embassy/CCECC Fiber Barnes/Caren Wasserman/K
Switch '07 Grant Funds ???? New Skipworth elley Stone
1. Design Plan & Cost estimate for UDCF - Complete Waiting on Kelley to get funding approved. 1/9/07- No funding at this
2. Design Plan & Cost estimate for New CH time.
3. Look at walls in new CH for design
Public Paging system December 31, 2006 Hold Sharon Barnes Kelley Stone
1. Cancel T1 lines when HS sends notification Current status - 01/31/2007: Mike English with the Server Team will un-
2. IT requires 30 day notice for AT&T install 911 servers when approved to do so by the HLS Director. We
have not received notification back from HLS providing their approval of
3. 2006 Grant Funds
uninstallation. Telecom/IT would like to request status on the Code Red
4. Will the Reverse 911 servers be de-installed? Software replacement software. 1/9/07 - Telecom needs approval to
disconnect T1's from HLS. Scope sent to Christina for review 2/14/07
Emailed Pam 2-28-07 to set up meeting. New proposal - keep one T1
Sharon and one analog, lock down system. Major Palmisano is looking at us
Reverse 911 - Code Barnes/Christina Steve keeping the T1 and having Telecom pickup the monthly service. 3-09-07
Red ?? Active Divers Wasserman
1. Setup VOIP phones to be identify by office location In progress 1/9/07- In progress county wide. In progress Countywide 1-
E911 update ?? Active Sharon Barnes Wasserman
1. Working with City of Plano and Cty DA to purchase Caren is working with the Cities and ISD on this. Need to add SO in
system 2. Will require interface to Odyssey March. Was taken off court and needs to be a whole solution.
3. CCECC wanted to review the last quote
Orion ?? Active Caren Skipworth
Connect Gig Pop to HS OFCC to connect DFW Kelley will set up a meeting. On hold until further notice from Kelly,.
GIGA POP ??
586ba017-918e-4494-ab29-fbff271b7bbc.xls Hold Caren Skipworth Counties1 of 3 10/24/2012
1. TXDOT - possible use of dark fiber to do a DFW Contacted Kelley Selman and he is not ready at this time. Kelley Stone
County Fiber connection will work on this.10/31/06. Per Kelly images can be provided by TXDOT
with no issues. Per Caren, DART fiber is availble but at a cost. Need to
2. Working with CUC for TXDOT fiber
TXDOT Connection ?? New Caren Skipworth Kelley Stone define tasks if any 2-7-07
Current status - 01/09/2007: Request has been made to Steve
Wasserman to contact local entities and provide back to IT the persons
identified as primary contacts for these areas. The information should
include location, name of person, telephone number, etc. During our last
meeting Kelley Stone stated he would request to Steve Wasserman to
begin working on this list, as time allows. Christina emailed Steve as a
reminder to gather information 1-31-07. Per Kelly and Caren on 2/9/07
Steve needs to look in the MICP truck for the book created with internal
Create MICP Contact Steve contact list. Steve needs call down list for Collin County support staff 3-9-
List New Christina Divers Wasserman 07
1. Routers to Courthouse, Justice Center, Central Plant, Meeting Scheduled for 1-9-07 at HLS. Equipment at JC Purchasing is
Mck Public Safety, Middle School by Community Blvd. determining if equipment needs to be tagged. Telecom needs to verify
who will maintain and support system. Telecom checked with Bryan to
2. Does this equipment need to be tagged?
see if equipment needed to be tagged. Quote went to purchasing to bid
MESH (4.9 Motorola) / Steve cameras and installation is not included.
Installation Need Timeframe New Sharon Barnes Wasserman
Maintenance Support for weather bug and Adashi This should be part of IT gerneral fund maintenance account. IT/Telecom
wou.ld like to request a list of all maintenance that HLS wants us to
cover. Caren ask HLS to send all maintenance to Lisa to add to IT
support contract 2/14/07
Maintenance Support Carol
for IT to cover New Caren/Lisa Strickland
1. Verify that the FTP or CrimeWeb is not using T1's Need to set up meeting with Major Pam Palmisano to discuss
2. Sheriff's office will pick up costs of DCC Support or CrimeWeb dependencies and support costs. Pam will set up a meeting
to determine if the T1's are being used for FTP. New proposal - keep
other for CrimeWeb
one T1 and one analog, lock down system. Major Palmisano is looking
at us keeping the T1 and having Telecom pickup the monthly service. 3-
Crime Web Need Timeframe New Sharon/Christina Pam/Steve 09-07
Added as an item from 2/9/07 meeting. Joe needs contact people from
Kelly 2/14/07 Joe sent email to get contact info. 2/14/07. Still waiting to
Raw Data from hear back from Kelly, 3/8/2007. Still waiting to hear back from Kelly,
Vine/TDEX Feb. 28, 2007 New Joe Fierro Kelley Stone
1. Connect the MICP truck Through Wireless. Not in a hurry but ask to add this to our list. Steve W. says the need now
is urgent. Need it working by 3-19. Mike has scheduled for configuration
an testing. On 3-14-07 the truck will have to be locate at the JC for the
Steve work to be performed . 3-7-07 Mike verified everything was working but
signal was poor from helipad to OFCC 4-12-07
MICP Truck May, 2007 New Mike Bush Wasserman
1. Install Trend Micro on OFCC Servers 11 qty. Mike English will be contacting Trend Micro to determine if a charge is
2. Install OfficeScan on OFCC workstations-10 qty. associated with the 3 requests for assistance from HLS. This cost
should be covered by HLS in their FY08 budget requests to ensure the
3. Install OfficeScan Server application on an OFCC
county's IT Department is legally covered for licenses audit purposes.
Server. IT, Mike E. will proceed and install the week of February 5th. Mike
eamiled Steve to set up a time and is waiting on a response. Mike has
complete Trend Micro and has Office Scan left to complete. Steve W. is
rolling out to the other servers. 2/14/07. Mike E. is scheduled to do
Office Scan 2/21/07. Mike English has completed the install and setup of
the ServerProtect and Officscan antivirus applications from Trend-Micro.
Trend Micro/Virus Steve Steve will rollout the client application to the remaining servers and
Protection Need Timeframe New Christina Divers Wasserman workstations. 3-8-07
1 is complete. Working on number 2. Grant deadline of February 28th
Transmit Jail Data to 1. Add additional Jail Data fields behind current VINE was for number 1 only. Mug Pictures are currently being transmitted to
their test FTP server for evaluation, 4/12/2007.
TDEX Feb. 28, 2007 Active Joe Fierro Kelley Stone Table 2. Add Video Mug Picture
1. Set up old EOC in UDCF as a call center in Spoke with Jason Lane, he will follow up with a timeframe 3/9/07.
Call Center at emergencies.
EOC/UDCF New Sharon Barnes Jason Lane
586ba017-918e-4494-ab29-fbff271b7bbc.xls 2 of 3 10/24/2012
Agenda Completed Task Items
Task Description Date Status IT Resources HS Resource ITEMS TO COMPLETE TELECOM/IT NOTES:
1. Define data field requirements
1. Defined 6 Master Tables and downloaded into Excel for Steve.
2. Develop program to produce data file Had one phone meeting to go over. HLS still testing data. Albert will
3. Test work on the data to be transferred between the networks/Discussed
Steve 4. 2 meetings - define details, then test on 11/2/06 the ports that needed to be opened and then will
Jail Data December 31, 2006 Closed Joe Fierro Wasserman 5. File must be updated daily to HS test.Albert opened the ports Per Ted, this is COMPLETE.
1. Schedule training: All HS staff, 911/Dispatch, Joe trained Carol to train other users. Per 1-12-07 meeting this item
CH/UDCF Security staff, Jail Bld Control, Facilities (Dan has been activated. Joe will retrain Carol Strickland. Per Joe fixed
prgram glitx 2/14/07
Training on Emergency Carol 2. Have John Daniels develop manual
Notification System November 30, 2006 Closed Joe Fierro Strickland
Fixing Data Base/ Training set up with Carol 11/16/06 2pm. Per
1. Schedule training: All HS staff, 911/Dispatch, 1/12/07 this item has been activated. Melinda is scheduled to re-train
Training on Rapid Carol CH/UDCF Security staff, Jail Bld Control, Facilities (Dan on 1-25-07. Carol Strickland will be taking over the training of the
Broadcast November 20, 3006 Closed Sharon Barnes Strickland James). employees. Melinda retrained on Rapid Broadcast 1-26-07
Joe Fierro/Larry Jones will create the link for the County
external/internal website. Current status - Completed 01/09/2007:
Mike English has completed re-load OS, installed IIS, joined server to
domain, placed server in rack. Mike has received IP address from
Telecom. Remaining items to address: Security precautions and
measures that should be configured on the server since it is in the
dmz and address any ip address mappings that need to be done on
1. Link on Cty external & internal website -Meeting 10-16- the firewall so that the server can see inside network. 1-22-07
Mike 06 2. Will be used by Elected Scheduled 4 hrs with Mike E., Steve, and Albert to complete
IIS Server for IMSC English/Albert Steve Officials, Dept Heads, & key staff 3. Must be able to configuration and testing. IT and Telecom tasks COMPLETED. ICS
Program November 1, 2006 Closed Juarez Wasserman access this site from the office, home, or traveling is now working on this.
Current status - 01/09/2007: No changes on IT, currently not
involved. Albert will work on configurations prior to the vendor
coming on site. At this time, we have been informed that the vendor
Sharon 1. 240 v power needs to be installed -conference will fully support the temporary servers for this project. We are not
Barnes/Albert 10/16/06 2. May require ports aware of any known tasks to complete after the initial setup of the
Juarez/Mike Steve to be opened -Install 10/24/06 servers, which is scheduled for the week of October 23rd. Project
LEAP VisionAir October 31, 2006 Closed English Wasserman 3. A/V Gateway to HLS Meetings task is complete.
1. Check and make sure Leigh has Verizon data card -
she does - complete Meeting Scheduled for 10/18/06 to discuss Pier System-Per Meeting
Pier System December 31, 2006 Closed Leigh Hornsby 2. Media & Elected Official notification system - web url with Leigh no assitance required from IT. Joe's group will create URL.
Assess the HS Data Steve
Closet for UPS Power November 30, 2006 Closed Sharon Barnes Wasserman 1. Evaluate power requirement for UPS uptime. Assessment is complete.
We need Scope of this Project. Waiting on HLS to set up a meeting.
Steve Telecom(Sharon) contacted vendor and vendor will install circuits and
Installation of HSDN Need Timeframe Closed Sharon Barnes Wasserman just needed access to HLS area. Steve will give access
VPN Accounts for Ted Waiting on background checks and forms to be
and Bob Closed Sharon Barnes 1. Need background Checks and VPN forms signed. completed.Completed
1. Need T1 listed as anonymous emailed Melinda to have her call ATT 2/12/07 ATT is working on this2-
T1-ATT ASAP Closed Sharon Steve
Need to resolve blacklisting issue with OFCC email. Need to have Casey discuss the issue with Steve and Ted. Telecom
Telecom can provide assistance where applicable. Need has reviewed the firewall portion and it would take time to change the
IP address. This is not the solution however. We would only end up
a DNS reverse look up to be completed by Ted Domain
getting black listed with the new IP address. Casey provided an email
belongs to Ted. three months ago. New email sent by Albert today 1-31-07 for Ted to
BlackListing Issue with Christina Divers/ Steve complete DNS reverse look up. When this is complete telecom will
change IP adress.
OFCC Email Need Timeframe Closed Casey Stone Wasserman