Step 1 directions: Fill in what goes on each of these lines.
1 2 3
4 5 6
[Your options are: Verb, Direct Object, Noun, Adjective,
Adverb, Preposition, Pronoun, and Object of Preposition]
**There may be more than 1 correct answer for each.
Step 2 directions: Copy down each sentence. Then, underline
the subject, double underline the verb, put a zig-zag line
under the direct object, put a box around any adjectives and
an arrow pointing towards what they are modifying, circle any
adverbs and draw an arrow point towards what they are
modifying, put a dotted line under any preposition and
1. The dog and cat became good friends after four days.
2. I like running and walking.
3. My friend went to the store for mayonnaise.
4. Running for an hour is a good exercise
5. Storytellers of ancient times recited tales about the sun.
6. Bill went shopping with his friend Patrice.
7. Marie is a good friend and great listener.
Step 3 Directions: Diagram each sentence.