PINK RIBBON SOCIETY Minutes of the Second Department Meeting of Pink Ribbon Society Held on Monday, 09 September 2008 At 9.00 a.m. in the Meeting Room 2, Pink Ribbon Society Headquarters, Bandahilir, Melaka. Present : Mrs. Nor Aafina binti Mohd. Zamil – Chairperson CEO Pink Ribbon Society Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan Executive of Advertisement Department Ms. Maslinda Ayu binti Zainal Executive of Merchandising Department Mr. Ridhwan bin Abdullah Executive of Finance Department Ms. Noorhafizah binti Rubaai Secretary of Pink Ribbon Society – Treasurer – Secretary
Ms. Nur Nilam Syarifena binti Hamzah Executive of Marketing Department Ms. Nur Syuhada binti Mohd. Radzi Executive of Creativity Department Absent : -
1. Chairperson’s Address The Chairperson called the meeting to order at 9.15 a.m. and welcomed all members. 2. Apologies for Absence There were no apologies for absent. All members attended the meeting.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting Minutes of the last meeting were read by the secretary. The following amendment was made: Item no. 4. The name should be spelled Aliff Abdullah not Ahmad Abdullah. The minutes were then approved as a true record by Ms. Nur Nilam Syarifena bt. Hamzah and seconded by Mr. Ridhwan b. Abdullah. The minutes were then signed by the chairperson. 4. Matters Arising out of the Last Minutes Mr. M. Noor Fathoni b. M. Gunawan asked Ms. Nur Syuhada bt. Mohd Radzi if the venue for the charity ball had been booked. Ms. Nur Syuhada bt. Mohd Radzi then informed the members that the venue for the charity ball had been book and was confirmed at the Reinassance Hotel. Then, Ms. Nur Nilam Syarifena bt. Hamzah informed that Mr. Razif b. Ahmad from INTEL Company had agreed to sponsor RM3000.00 for the food for the charity ball. 5. Correspondence The secretary informed the committee that she had received a letter of invitation from the Star Golf Club for their Cultural Night on 25 September 2008. The members agreed to accept the invitation. It was agreed that Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan would respond Mr. M. Noor to the invitation from Star Golf Club and be in charge of organizing the Fathoni bin M. trip to their Culture Night. Gunawan 6. Reports The treasurer presented the latest report on the club’s financial standing. Balance from the year 2007 - RM 1678.00 Net profit from Halloween Sale - RM 378.89 Membership fees for January 2008 - RM 1000.00 Anonymous donation - RM 5000.00 Total Balance RM 8056.89
Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai
The treasurer also mentioned that there were three more society members that were not pay their membership fees yet.
Ms. Nur Nilam Syarifena bt. Hamzah suggested that the financial report be passed as a true record and was seconded by Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai. 7. Special Business 7.1 Theme of the Party The chairperson informed the members that as the society would be holding a charity ball, the meeting was supposed to decide the details of the charity ball. There were two important items should be discussed in the meeting. The first item under Special Business was the theme of the party. Ms. Nur Syuhada bt. Radzi proposed, seconded by Ms. Nur Nilam Syarifena bt. Hamzah, that the theme for the charity ball was going to be the “Masquerade” theme. Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan proposed, seconded by Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai, that the theme for the charity ball was going to be the “Batik & Songket” theme. Mr. Ridhwan bin Abdullah proposed “Retro Night” theme for the charity ball but no one had agreed with that proposal. After some discussion, the proposals were put to a vote. Finally, it was resolved that the “Masquerade” theme be used for the charity ball. It was agreed that Ms. Maslinda Ayu bt. Zainal would find the information about the “Masquerade” theme and would come up with some suggestions for the ball.
Ms. Maslinda Ayu bt. Zainal
7.2 Special Guest The second item for special business was then discussed. Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai proposed, seconded by Ms. Nur Syuhada bt. Radzi that Azean Irdawaty be invited as the Special Guest for the charity ball. Ms. Noorhafizah stated that it was better for the society to invite Azean Irdawaty as she had experience with the breast cancer. Then, Mr. Ridhwan bin Abdullah proposed, seconded by Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan that Anuar Zain be invited as the Special Guest for the charity ball.
Later, Ms. Nur Syuhada bt. Radzi proposed that the society to invite Adibah Noor as the entertainer for the charity ball. Afterward, Mr. Ridhwan bin Abdullah told the committee that the society did not have the budget for inviting an entertainer. The chairperson suggested that the proposal be discussed in the next meeting. All members agreed. It was agreed that Mr. Ridhwan bin Abdullah prepared the new budget for entertainer and it would be presented in the next meeting. After some discussion, the proposals for the Special Guest were put to a vote. It was resolved that Azean Irdawaty be invited as the Special Guest for the charity ball. It was also agreed that the secretary would send an invitation letter to Azean Irdawaty. Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai
Mr. Ridhwan bin Abdullah
8. Any Other Business Ms. Maslinda bt. Zainal informed that the Pink Ribbon Society’s headquarters was in need of a special room called “Information Room”. Therefore, she proposed that the society renovate and build a room called “Information Room”. The motion was seconded by Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan. Then, all members agreed to build an “Information Room” for the headquarters. Ms. Nur Nilam Syarifena bt. Hamzah mentioned that there were two empty rooms at level two at the society headquarters. In addition, the treasurer also stated that we had enough budgets to do the renovation. It was then agreed that the society create a room for “Information Room”. Later, the Chairperson suggested that all members think about the proper name of the room. It will be discussed on the next meeting. Ms. Maslinda Ayu bt. Zainal and Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan agreed to find the details about the Information Room. Ms. Maslinda Ayu bt. Zainal and Mr. M. Noor Fathoni bin M. Gunawan
9. Date, Time, and Venue of the Next Meeting Due to many activities that would be held, the secretary would send out the notice closer to the date the meeting. Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai
10. Close The Chairperson thanked all members for their participation during the meeting and adjourned the meeting at 9.45 a.m.
…………………………….. Signed by Mrs. Nor Aafina bt. Mohd. Zamil Chairperson
11 September 2008
…………………………… Recorded by Ms. Noorhafizah bt. Rubaai Secretary