Job Title:- Marketing Assistant
Job Holder:- Vacant
Reports to:- To be determined
Job Purpose:- To provide marketing assistance for St Helens Chamber contributing to
the achievement of corporate and programme objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Communications Co-ordinator with the production of weekly e-newsletter, printed
Chamber publications and marketing materials, including design work and writing effective copy.
2. Assist in the execution of professional e-mail campaigns, using a CRM system to select and extract
data for e-mail audiences, developing compelling messages, and analysing results to enhance future
3. Assist Marketing Team in effectively delivering an online presence for St Helens Chamber, including
running SEO and PPC campaigns and utilizing social media.
4. Assist the Events Co-ordinator with researching, planning, marketing and delivering events, including
handling event bookings and payments.
5. Liaise with printers and other external suppliers, raise purchase orders and invoice requisitions in line
with Chamber procedures, and maintain records of expenditure.
6. Update the Chamber’s websites taking responsibility for certain sections.
7. Maintain awareness of business, social and economic news and policy developments that relate to the
delivery of St Helens Chamber services and circulate to Senior Managers as appropriate.
8. Circulate Chamber media coverage to all staff on a regular basis and maintain an up to date clippings
file, recording media coverage on the client management system and producing reports detailing the
media mentions we have achieved.
9. Follow the quality procedures laid down by the Chamber and work with the organisation to ensure
that recognition under the following accreditation standards is maintained; IiP, ISO 9000:2002,
EFQM, BCC etc.
10. Undertake any additional duties which are requested by the Communication/ Events
Co-ordinators or Director of Business Services.