Baked Pork Chop with Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1.5 hours
Total time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- 4 pork chops
- 2 packages of frozen cheesy broccoli and rice
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup water
- garlic salt
- seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Trim fat from pork chops and season chops with garlic salt and seasoning salt. Dip meat into eggs and
then into breadcrumbs and bread each side of the chop.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and cook the pork chops on medium heat for a few minutes until golden
brown on each side.
- If you’re not using an oven-safe skillet, transfer chops into a baking dish. Add water to drippings in the
skillet and pour over the chops. If using an oven-safe skillet, simply add water and loosen the drippings
from the bottom of the skillet. Cover skillet or baking dish with foil.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and make sure there is still just enough liquid to coat the bottom of the pan. If needed,
add a little water or chicken stock and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Microwave rice and broccoli according to package directions.