Ben Franklin Fill in
Fill the blanks with the words from the box below to make the sentences true.
almanac bifocals diplomat fins Jefferson
library postmaster oldest stove volunteer
soap lightning rod
1. Ben put two kinds of eye glasses together to make ___________.
2. In order to swim better, Ben made ___________ for his feet.
3. To help people use wood in a better way to heat their homes, Ben invented the
4. To protect buildings from lightning hits, Ben invented the ___________ .
5. Ben’s father was a ___________ maker; he also made candles.
6. Ben started a ___________ fire department.
7. Ben wrote a book each year called “Poor Richard’s ___________ .”
8. Ben was the ___________ delegate to the Constitutional Convention.
9. Ben was the first ___________ general of the United States.
10. Ben served as a ___________ to France.
11. Ben started the first free ___________ in the nation.
12. Ben helped ___________ with the Declaration of Independence.