“THE 7th ANGEL SOUNDED HIS TRUMPET AND
THERE WERE LOUD VOICES IN HEAVEN…”
REVELATION CHAPTER 11 – PART II
• How one interprets Revelation depends entirely upon how one
interprets the “Trumpet” visions of Chapters 8-9 and 11:15
• I SEE - the Trumpet Visions as “warnings” to the end time
generation(s) - (and not “Judgments” that occur AFTER the rapture) I
understand the 7th Trumpet as occurring at the time of the Rapture
(Ref. Rev. 10:7, I Corinthians 15:51 and Matthew 24: 29-31)
• If my understanding is correct -then the Church in the last days
generation (s) will be here when the anti-Christ first makes his
appearance and - will undergo at least a brief time of persecution just
before the rapture. After the rapture…God pours out His Wrath on
the unbelieving world and the anti-Christ system.
REVELATION CHAPTER 11 – PART II
*I believe that there is a distinct possibility that the first 5 trumpets
make up 3 major world events that have already
happened…beginning with WWII and the first use of a nuclear
In Trumpet number three, God even gave us the NAME of that
event!…An event by this name has occurred (in exacting detail to the
Revelation prophecy) only once in history…in 1986!
*I believe that the world is probably now between the 5th and the 7th
trumpet warning. If this is so…then…Revelation 10 and 11 are
especially relevant in our lifetime!
To Understand Chapter 11 – WE MUST REMEMBER…
WE ARE STILL IN THE “TRUMPET VISIONS!”
THE SAME MIGHTY ANGEL OF CHAPTER 10 IS SPEAKING…
READ CHAPTER 11
THE MAIN STORY LINE OF CHAPTER 11
1. The Holy City (Jerusalem and/or the Church) will be
“trampled” by Gentiles (profane or unbelievers – particularly
the antichrist) for 3 1/2 years. He will set up some of his
authority here. This corresponds exactly with Daniel 7:25-27,
Daniel 8:11-12, Daniel 9:26-27 – The antichrist will rule from
here. (See also Luke 21:24)
2. “TWO WITNESSES” from the Lord – will “preach” during this 3 ½
years and will infuriate the ANTI-CHRIST.
3. The two witnesses are ISRAEL (national and spiritual) and the
CHURCH , not “men”. Chapter 11:4 “These (two witnesses) ARE the
two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of
the earth.” (Zechariah Chapter 4, Revelation 1:20, Eph.3:4-6,
Romans Chapters 8-11)
THE MAIN STORY LINE OF CHAPTER 11
4. The anti-Christ will show his rage towards these two “witnesses” at about
the 3 ½ year mark of his rule.
5. These two witnesses will be “killed” (silenced, stopped, put-down –
outlawed). This decree of “killing” them will come from the anti-
Christ himself . (Again… both of the above correspond exactly to
Daniel 7:25 and 9:26-27)
6. For 3 ½ days (A short time)– they will appear to be completely “put down”
– “dead”. The unbelieving - profane and vile world will celebrate the
putdown of (Biblical) Christianity.
7. After this short time (3 ½ days) – of apparently being finally “put down” –
THEY ARE RAPTURED!
8. NOW…There is celebration in Heaven! (including the raptured
Christians…and then the Wrath of God (Revelation 11:8) is prepared
to be poured out on the unbelieving world.
25 He (the anti-Christ) will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and
try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him
for a time, times and half a time.
26 "'But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely
27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole
heaven will be handed over to the saints, the people of the Most High. His
kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey
26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have
nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the
sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and
desolations have been decreed.
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the
'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the
temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that
is decreed is poured out on him."
FOCAL POINTS - TODAY
• I will give POWER to my two witnesses (The word POWER is not in the Gk!)
The emphasis is not on the power but on the WITNESSES given by God to the
world “And I will give my two witness, and they shall…”
• Their bodies will lie in the streets of the “Great City” – (Sodom, Egypt) Where
they crucified our Lord. (Jerusalem or Rome or BOTH!)
• After 3 ½ days - Compare to what Jesus said in Matthew 24:29 (Immediately
after the tribulation of those days) ( Also Dan.7:25-26, Dan. 8:25, Dan. 9:27, Dan
12:1 and Mark13:14)
LOOK WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!
* Breath of Life entered them from God – (Holy Spirit) (The church has always
“lived” and received its true power from the Holy Spirit of God!)
* Stood on their feet – (They were “resurrected”!)
* Terror struck the unbelievers – (Matth. 24: 29-30 – Jesus said “ the earth would
mourn” at this event.)
* Loud voice from Heaven! (I Thess. 4:16) (THE RAPTURE!)
* Come up here! (I Thess. 4:16-17) (THE RAPTURE!)
* Went up in a cloud! (Matth. 24 and I Thess. 4:17) (THE RAPTURE!)
*The 7th Trumpet blows at this same time! (I Thess. 4:16-17, Matth. 24: 29-30,
I Corinthians 15:51, Rev 10:7)
*Accompanied by a huge earthquake – (Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection!)
I Thessalonians 5:1-11
1 Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,
2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the
3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them
suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a
5 You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or
to the darkness.
6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-
7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night.
8 But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love
as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our
Lord Jesus Christ.
10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, (alive or already dead -
ON THAT DAY – is the context!) we may live together with him.
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are
THROUGHOUT THE SCRIPTURES
Noah/Flood - Tribulation – “Rapture” – Wrath
Sodom-Gomorrah – Tribulation- “Rapture” -Wrath
Israelites in Egypt – Tribulation – “Rapture” –Wrath
Israelites at the Red Sea – Tribulation – “Rapture” –Wrath
33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have
tribulation. But take heart! I have overcome the world."