Louisiana Tech University
Master of Arts in Teaching Blind Students
Plan of Study (45 hours)
______________________________ Home Phone Work Phone
Email Cell Phone
1. Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university.
2. Have a 2.5 GPA, or higher, on undergraduate work.
3. Pass the Pre-Professional Skills (Reading ______, Writing ______, and Mathematics ______) PRAXIS I examination.
4. Pass the Elementary Education: Content Knowledge (0014) PRAXIS II specialty examination.
5. Have you been convicted of a felony? If “yes,” describe.
6. Present GRE scores, which equal or exceed 1300 (cumulative UGPA x 200 + GREV + GREQ)
7. Submit a completed graduate application with $30 application fee.
8. Submit three letters of recommendation.
9. Submit your resume.
10. Respond to this statement: All Children Can Learn. Be sure to consider socioeconomic status, culture, gender, learning
disabilities, and gifted and talented.
11. I understand deliberate falsification of this document may result in my being dropped from the College.
Interview with Admissions & Retention Committee. Date: Time: Recommendation:
Fall (Quarter 1) Hrs Qtr, Year Taken Gr
EDCI 436 Braille I 3
EDCI 583 Normal & Impaired Visual Functioning 3
EDCI 431 Literacy for Emergent Learners 3
Winter (Quarter 2)
EDCI 578 Braille II 2
EDCI 466 Adaptive Tech for Visually Impaired 1
EDCI 500 Rsch App for Tchrs & Educ Ldrs 3
EDCI 473 Ed Strat & Meth for Tchg St with M/M 3
Spring (Quarter 3) You may enter the program
EDCI 499 Inst Strat & Mat for TBS 3 conditionally for one quarter only if you
EDCI 584 Orientation & Mobility for TBS 3 have passed PRAXIS I. To register for a
EDCI 437 Reading/Lang Arts Methods 3 second quarter you must meet all
Summer (Quarter 4) admission requirements.
EDCI 504 Human Exceptionalities Seminar 3 EDCI 576 must be completed in an
EDCI 581VI Child in PK-12 Classroom 3 approved internship site.
EDCI 579 Developmental Aspects of Blindness 3
Pass PRAXIS Education of Exceptional Students: ________________________________
Core Content Knowledge (0353) __
Fall (Quarter 5) Student Signature Date
EDCI 576 Internship in Education 9
Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA Register for graduation in the Registrar’s Office.
Submit an acceptable professional Successfully complete a comprehensive
portfolio. examination which includes a Braille reading
speed assessment (minimum of 70 WPM)
Student Signature Date Advisor/Director of Alternative Certification Date
Director of Graduate Studies Date Department Head, C,I,&L Date
Dean of the College of Education Date Graduate Office Date