Good Samaritan Project:
All sophomores are required to perform 12 hours of community service. The goal is to
introduce students to the importance and value of community service through
organizations which are committed to the various needs of those in our own community.
_To complete a total of twelve (12) hours of community service (6 per semester)
_All projects must be approved by the student’s Theology teacher.
_All hour sheets must be completed within the school academic year.
_All hour sheets must be completely filled out and signed by a supervisor of the
organization/with a contact number.
_Hours are to be completed through a formal non-profit organization.
_An evaluation by the supervisor must be turned in at the end of every service.
_A reflection paper must be handed in at the conclusion of the project.
_ A journal may be kept of all 12 hours for extra credit.
First six hours/verification of service/evaluation January 24, 2011
Next six hours/verification of service/evaluation/ June 6, 2011
Contact number/ paper
Good Samaritan Paper
Write a two page paper, typed, double-spaced, 12 font, one inch margins.
Your paper must address the following questions:
- What did you do for your Good Samaritan project?
- Why did you choose it?
- How was your Good Samaritan project helpful to the community?
- What did you personally get out of doing this project?
- Would you choose to continue doing this work if you had the opportunity? Why
or why not?
- Relate four interesting events that occurred while you were performing your Good
- Connect your Good Samaritan work to any verse in the Bible that seems to relate
and explain how they fit together.
- Hand in your journal with your paper.