lund university | sweden | school of economics and management
master’s programme in international
marketing and Brand management
• 1 year, full time, 60 credits (ECTS) national Business Relationships, Retailing and Distribution
• School of Economics and Management Channels, Understanding Consumption, Global Business &
• Lund campus Consumption, Marketing Intelligence – Theory and Practice,
• Application deadline – 15 January 2013 Modern Quantitative Marketing Research Methods.
• Programme start - autumn 2013 The programme ends with a degree project (15 ECTS credits).
Class Profile 2010/11: career prospects
• 3029 applicants: 51 enrolled Graduates can seek positions in international firms within
• age range: 21-43 marketing, strategy, brand and product management, sales
• male 39% / female 61% and marketing research. Graduates have found employment
• 22 nationalities from 5 continents at, for example, SAS, Mills DA and UNDP.
While most programmes will focus on either internation-
al marketing or brand management, this programme will
teach you how to meet the challenges and issues related to
both. You will train your ability to solve real and complex
problems in organisations, as well as learn the theoretical
concepts and tools. You will undertake independent study,
design investigations and apply the ideas and theories learnt
throughout the programme.
Key concepts of the programme:
• Deeper knowledge of international marketing and stra-
• The development of competitive brands and corporate what students say
images “If you are studying something within marketing the
• The roles of marketing and management research programme takes a more global perspective. It’s a good idea
• The understanding of international business relationships to step outside cultural boundaries. The programme was
excellent!” Owen Murray from Canada
the lund learning model
The School of Economics and Management adopts a stu-
dent-centred approach to teaching and learning. The aim is
to increase students’ capacity for advanced problem solving, admission requirements and how to apply
resulting in better decision-making abilities. Our courses are Admission requirements
based on state-of-the-art research in each particular field, An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) with at least 60 cred-
and we encourage students to improve their skills in terms its (ECTS) in business administration (major). English B (ad-
of both critical thinking and practical application. vanced), see www.lunduniversity.lu.se for details on English
programme modules/courses How to apply
Compulsory courses (7.5 ECTS credits each): International 1. Go to www.lunduniversity.lu.se and find the programme.
Marketing and Strategy, Strategic Brand Management, Click on “Apply” and follow the instructions for the online
Marketing and Management Research, E-marketing, Social application form on the Swedish national application web-
Media and Brands. site.
Three of the following electives (5 ECTS credits each): Inter- 2. Send your supporting documents (for details on docu-
ment requirements, see www.universityadmissions.se ): aBout the school of economics and
- Cover sheet management
- Certificates and diplomas from previous studies at an in- The activities within Lund University School of Economics
ternationally recognised higher education institution (uni- and Management cover research and education in business
versity or university college) administration, business law, economic history, economics,
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each se- informatics, and statistics, as well as research policy. About
mester (including course list) 4 100 students and 400 researchers, teachers and other staff
- Proof of English language skills members study and work at the School.
- Proof that you meet the specific admission requirements The School of Economics and Management provides a well-
- Copy of the page in your passport with your personal data profiled, research-based education that is international and
and photograph, or some other identification document multidisciplinary in nature and helps equip our students to
(EU/EEA citizens may need to send a certified passport copy) hold key positions in industry and society in an increasingly
- Statement of purpose (see instructions on www.lusem. globalised world. Our students can choose from a wide
lu.se/statement-of-purpose) range of specialist subjects and attend lectures by some of
- We encourage applicants to submit results from GMAT and/ our best researchers, international guest professors, and
or GRE tests business leaders from a broad spectrum of sectors and or-
GMAT code, School of Economics and Management, Lund ganisations.
3. Make sure to check the country specific requirements on aBout lund university
www.universityadmissions.se before sending your docu- Founded in 1666, Lund University is today one of Europe’s
ments. leading universities and is consistently ranked among the
4. Pay the application fee (when applicable). world’s top 100 universities. Here, history and tradition lay
the ground for the study and research environments of to-
Selection criteria/additional info morrow. We offer education and research within engineer-
Selection is based on academic qualifications and statement ing, science, law, social sciences, economics and manage-
of purpose. ment, medicine, humanities, theology, fine art, music and
theatre. Through interaction with business and the com-
Tuition fees munity we ensure that knowledge and innovations benefit
There are no tuition fees for EU/EEA citizens. For non-EU/ society. The University has 47 000 students and 6 300 staff
EEA citizens the tuition fee for this programme is 110 000 from all over the world, based mainly in Lund, Malmö and
SEK per year. For details on tuition fees and scholarships, see Helsingborg. We work with 680 partner universities in more
www.lunduniversity.lu.se than 50 countries.
Programme webpage: www.lunduniversity.lu.se/international-marketing-brand-management
Programme coordinator: EPernilla Honoré, firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Changes may have been made since the printing of this fact sheet. Please see www.lunduniversity.lu.se for any updates.