lund university | sweden | school of economics and management
master’s programme in corporate and
• 1 year, full time, 60 ECTS credits terprises. Similarly, finance executives often make decisions
• School of Economics and Management with important strategic consequences. The importance of
• Lund campus being well-versed in finance and management is particularly
apparent in corporate advisory positions, such as in manage-
• Application deadline – 15 January 2013
ment consulting or investment banking.
• Programme start – autumn 2013
Class Profile 2010/11:
Compulsory courses (7.5 ECTS credits each): Strategic Finan-
• 1624 applicants: 47 enrolled
cial Management; Structured Finance and Insurance; Finan-
• age range: 21-32
cial Analysis and Corporate Restructuring; Managing Value
• male 62% / female 38%
and Strategic Change. Electives (7.5 ECTS credits each): Stra-
• 19 nationalities from 4 continents
tegic Corporate Finance; Macrofinancial Risk Management;
Strategic Management; Corporate Governance.
The programme ends with a degree project (15 ECTS credits).
Is your ambition to have a future career working with both
finance and strategic decision-making? Do you want to mas-
ter the techniques, models and theories that are associated
The programme prepares you for a professional career in
with these fields? Do you hold an undergraduate degree
corporate management, financial management, manage-
in business with a major in finance including financial ac-
ment consulting, financial analysis and/or investment bank-
counting? Are you motivated, appreciate a tough workload
ing or in corporate finance functions in non-financial firms,
including weekly assignments in calculation, statistics and
as well as for doctoral studies in business administration.
analysing quantitative data? In that case, this programme
Graduates have found work at companies including Maersk,
is for you.
Nordea Corporate Finance and Orkla.
The target audience of the programme consists of students
who are aiming for a career in corporate management, for
example, as general managers or management consultants,
in financial advisory, for example, as financial analysts or
investment bankers, or in controlling, treasury, or other fi-
nancial management functions. Whether working in finan-
cial management or financial advisory, senior management
or management consulting, understanding how to analyse
corporate performance, firm value, and credit worthiness
and the impact of strategic decisions and corporate restruc-
turings on these are valuable. Equally valuable is knowledge
of how to finance and manage the risk of ventures, be they admission requirements and how to apply
start-ups or incumbent firms, and of how to design control Admission requirements
and incentive systems. An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) with at least 60 credits
(ECTS) in business administration (major). At least 10 credits
Corporate finance is a place where business strategy, pro- (ECTS) in corporate finance. English B (advanced), see www.
cess and information combine. The programme provides lunduniversity.lu.se for details on English proficiency levels.
techniques and models to assist in financial and strategic
decision-making and the insight to determine whether This programme requires a solid background in quantita-
these decisions make sense in a strategic competitive con- tive courses in business. For more information on recom-
text. Corporate executives are often confronted with issues mended courses in terms of prerequisites, see www.lusem.
that have important financial consequences for their en- lu.se/masters.
How to apply about the school of economics and
1. Go to www.lunduniversity.lu.se and find the programme. management
Click on “Apply” and follow the instructions for the online The activities within Lund University School of Economics
application form on the Swedish national application web- and Management cover research and education in business
site. administration, business law, economic history, economics,
2. Send your supporting documents (for details on docu- informatics, and statistics, as well as research policy. About
ment requirements, see www.universityadmissions.se ): 4 100 students and 400 researchers, teachers and other staff
- Cover sheet members study and work at the School.
- Certificates and diplomas from previous studies at an in-
ternationally recognised higher education institution (uni- The School of Economics and Management provides a well-
versity or university college) profiled, research-based education that is international and
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each se- multidisciplinary in nature and helps equip our students to
mester (including course list) hold key positions in industry and society in an increasingly
- Proof of English language skills globalised world. Our students can choose from a wide
- Proof that you meet the specific admission requirements range of specialist subjects and attend lectures by some of
- Copy of the page in your passport with your personal data our best researchers, international guest professors, and
and photograph, or some other identification document business leaders from a broad spectrum of sectors and or-
(EU/EEA citizens may need to send a certified passport copy) ganisations.
- Statement of purpose (see instructions on www.lusem.
lu.se/statement-of-purpose) about lund university
- We encourage applicants to submit results from GMAT Founded in 1666, Lund University is today one of Europe’s
and/or GRE tests leading universities and is consistently ranked among the
GMAT code, School of Economics and Management, Lund world’s top 100 universities. Here, history and tradition lay
University: 8VR-PL-07 the ground for the study and research environments of to-
3. Make sure to check the country specific requirements on morrow. We offer education and research within engineer-
www.universityadmissions.se before sending your docu- ing, science, law, social sciences, economics and manage-
ments. ment, medicine, humanities, theology, fine art, music and
4. Pay the application fee (when applicable). theatre. Through interaction with business and the com-
munity we ensure that knowledge and innovations benefit
Selection criteria/additional info society. The University has 47 000 students and 6 300 staff
Selection is based on academic qualifications and statement from all over the world, based mainly in Lund, Malmö and
of purpose. Helsingborg. We work with 680 partner universities in more
than 50 countries.
There are no tuition fees for EU/EEA citizens. For non-EU/
EEA citizens the tuition fee for this programme is 110 000
SEK per year. For details on tuition fees and scholarships, see
Programme webpage: www.lunduniversity.lu.se/corporate-financial-management
Programme Coordinator: Ingela Petersson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Changes may have been made since the printing of this fact sheet. Please see www.lunduniversity.lu.se for any updates.