1. will you please give the note to him? -----certainly, I will give it to him
2. hello, I’m Harry potter.
Hello, my name is Charles Green, but call me Charles
3. how about going to dinner at the Mexican restaurant tonight? That’s great!
4. how often do you go dancing? Every other day
5. hello, may I talk to the director now? sorry, he is busy at the moment.
6. please help yourself to the seafood ----thanks, but I don’t like seafood
7. would you please pass me the salt? ---certainly, here you are.
8. would you mind changing seats with me? No, I don’t mind
9. oh, betty, we will be having a buffet party next Saturday, and we’d like you to join us.
-I’d love to, Susan, what’s the occasion? What time do you want me to come?
7. I was worried about my math. But Mr. Brown gave me an A.
Congratulations! That’s a difficult couse.
10. who is that? This is Mr Smith speaking now
11. David injured his leg playing football yesterday. Really? –how did that happen?
12. Marilyn, I’m afraid I have to be leaving now?
13. Hi, Jim, this is my brother peter. ---nice to meet you
14. excuse me, I don’t want to interrupt you but can I help you?
15. if you like I can mail this letter for you. ----------that’s very kind of you
16. what is your father ? he teaches physics in a school.
17. hi! Welcome back! Have a nice trip? Oh, fantastic! Fresh air and sunshine every day.
18. don’t worry, I’ll leave the message on his desk . it’s kind of you.
19. I’m sorry I’m calling you so late. That’s okay.
20. tomorrow is my birthday. Many happy returns of the day!
21. I wonder if I could use your computer tonight?
Sure, go ahead! I’m not using it right now.
22. how was your trip to London Jane?
Oh, wonderful indeed.
23. Must I be home before seven? No, you needn’t
24. where is Kate? She is in England
25. must I take a taxi？ No , you don’t have to you can take a car.
26. Hey, Tom, what’s up? Oh, not much.
27. can I get you a cup of tea?
a. Thank you for the tea
b. With pleasure
c. You can, please
d. Thank you for the tea
28. I doubt whether the Chinese football Team can win the game this time.
It’s hard to say.
29. how do you do? Glad to meet you.How do you do? Glad to meet you too.
30. could I speak to Don Watkins, please? Speaking, please
31. would you like more soup? No, thanks. It’s delicious, but I’ve had enough.
32. Thank you ever so much for the coat you bought me. I’m glad you like it.
Excuse me, could you show me the way to the nearest post office? Mm, let me think.
Oh yes! Two blocks away from here at the Green Avenue . You can't miss it.
33. I'm terribly sorry that I've spilled some coffee on the carpet. It doesn't matter
1. a man should not be judged always by what he says.
2. Professor Smith promised to look _over____my paper, that is, to read it carefully before the
3. the tall man is -charged---with robbery
4. neither John nor his father was able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train
5. when Lily came home at 5 p.m yesterday, her mother was cooking----dinner in the kitchen.
6. Little Tom is used to get up at eight every morning
7. before the final examination, some students have shown signs of tension,
8. must we finish the work right now? no, you needn’t .you can do it tomorrow
9. jane ‘s dress is similar in design to-his sister’s
10. children under fifteen are not permitted to see such kind of movies as is bad for their mental
11. please, hurry up or we’ll be late
12. before the war of independence, the united states was an English colony
13. that fashion different form country to country may reflect the cultural differences from one
14. a sudden noise a fire-engine made him hurry to the door.
15. the new order means working overtime
16. he couldn’t buy the dictionary because he had little money with him
17. I look forward to hearing from you.
18. we all thought it pity that you were unable to attend our meeting
19. it’s high time that he settled down in the country and started a new life
20. put it down Richard, you mustn’t read anyone else’s letter.
21 the computer system broke down suddenly while he was searching for information.
22 Jim takes the medicine as the doctor says
23. who is she？ She’s our history teacher.
2.4. do you know the man lying under the apple tree?
25. how fine weather it is today?
26. Mike is better than Peter at swimming
27. What we need is good textbooks.
28. it’s not until you have lost your health that you know its value.
29. you don’t mind calling you Xiao Li, do you?
30.what we have done is far from satisfactory.
31.What will you buy for your boyfriend’s birthday? I want to buy a small black leather wallet for
32. Peter worked so fast with the math problems that he made a lot of mistake.
33. this kind of material expands with the temperature increasing.
34. Two days is not enough for him to finish the work. He needs a third day.
35.Professor, would you slow down a bit, please? I can’t keep up with you.
36. there is lots of fruit on the tree, our little cat is also in the tree.
37. we move to the front row so that we could hear and see better.
38. no matter how hard it was snowing, the little sisters managed to round the sheep up and drive
them back home safely.