SPORTS AUTHORITY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
LAL BAHADUR STADIUM, HYDERABAD
Tel: 040-23212818/845. Fax.040-23243297. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF TENDER AND INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDERERS FOR THE
SUPPLY OF SPORTS EQUIPMENT & SPORTS KITS TO SAAP &
DISTRICT SPORTS AUTHORITIES ON RATE CONTRACT FOR TWO YEARS
* * *
1. Sealed tenders duly superscribed “Supply of Sports Material for Two Years” are
invited by the Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Sports Authority of A.P.,
Hyderabad for fixing rate contract for supply of Sports Equipment / materials as
per the Tender document.
2. The Tender document can be obtained from the office of Sports Authority of
Andhra Pradesh, Lal Bahadur Stadium between 11.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. on all
working days from 1st February, 2011 to 14th February, 2011 from 11 AM to
5.00 PM on payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One thousand only) through a crossed
bank demand draft drawn in favour of Vice Chairman and Managing Director,
Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh payable at Hyderabad, which is non-
a. The sealed tenders will be received upto 5.00 P.M. on 14th February, 2011
and will be opened on 15th February, 2011 at 11.00 A.M. in SAAP Committee
Hall, Lal Bahadur Stadium, Hyderabad in the presence of the Tenderers or
their authorised agents.
b. The Tenders may be dropped in the sealed tender box kept for that purpose
in the office of SAAP Reception, 1st Floor, LB Stadium, Hyderabad. The
Sealed Tenders received by post will also be placed in the Tender box.
c. Tenders received in person or by post after the stipulated time and date will
not be accepted under any circumstances.
DEALER VICE CHAIRMAN AND
4. The Tenderer will quote only for the best and the second best quality being
manufactured / dealt duly indicating name of brand. On top of the sealed covers
the following should be superscribed “SEALED TENDER FOR SUPPLY OF SPORTS
EQUIPMENT AND SPORTS KITS”.
5. A crossed bank demand draft for a sum of Rs.1,50,000/- (Rupees One lakh fifty
thousand only) favouring VC&MD, SAAP payable at Hyderabad should be
deposited towards the Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) along with the Tender. The
EMD will be refunded to the unsuccessful bidder(s). In other cases the EMD will be
released on conclusion of the Rate Contract. The EMD will be forfeited if the dealer
fails to supply the material ordered for within the stipulated time and / or in case
of any breach on the part of the dealer/ supplier, of the rate contract terms and
6. These terms and conditions are in continuation of the tender notification issued in
the news papers.
7. The tenders are liable for rejection if not accompanied by the EMD.
8. The Tenderer should specifically indicate the quantity against each item that can be
supplied at a time in one-bulk order. Supply of the conditioning equipment,
Gymnastic apparatus and other heavy equipment shall be made within a period of
one month and other items within 15 days of the receipt of purchase order.
9. Successful Tenderers will have to execute the rate contract agreement in the
prescribed proforma available with SAAP for two years from the date of agreement.
10. Any item written in pencil in the quotations will not be accepted and over writing
also will not be accepted.
11. Individual signing the tender or other documents connected with contract must
specify his status in the organization. If he is an authorized signatory or agent,
necessary authority like power of attorney or certified copy of Board Resolution
etc., as the case may be should be enclosed to the Tender.
VICE CHAIRMAN AND
DEALER MANAGING DIRECTOR
12. No definite quantity for supply can be guaranteed against the rate contract as it
varies from discipline to discipline, with the demand and it must be definitely
understood that the demand will be subject to variations as per the requirement of
13. The Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh reserves the right to accept or reject the
tenders received and invite fresh tenders if deemed necessary.
14. Successful Tenderer will have to keep their rates firm for a period of two years
from the date of signing the rate contract. No variation, what so ever, in the price
structure will be allowed during the currency of rate contract on any account what
15. Not withstanding any thing contained in the terms of offers by the supplier, no suit
in regard to any matter whatsoever arising out of the contract placed by this
Department shall be instituted in any court other than the court of competent
jurisdiction at Hyderabad.
16. The Tenderer has to send the samples of the articles quoted for along with the
tender. The samples of the accepted firm will be retained with SAAP till the rate
contract period is completed.
17. The Tenderer should indicate the rates in the tender schedule very clearly, item
a) The rate per unit will be inclusive of all charges like Packing, Postage, Insurance,
Postage, Installation charges (where required) and ex-factory etc., and Taxes.
Any other charges / taxes not mentioned in the financial bid will not be payable
by SAAP irrespective of the reasons.
18. The approved Tenderer has to supply the goods ordered for to the destination as
per the address indicated in the order, within the scheduled date. Otherwise
purchase order placed with the firms will automatically be cancelled without any
intimation as it is a breach of agreement and EMD will be forfeited.
DEALER VICE CHAIRMAN AND
19. No transportation charges will be paid by the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh
and the supplier has to supply the material at his own cost to the address
mentioned in the order for supply of the Equipment/Material/Kit.
20. If the Tenderer himself is the manufacturer, a copy of manufacturing license duly
indicating the number, date and name of the license issuing department should be
sent along with the tender. Authorized agents should enclose certificate of the
manufacturer authorizing them to quote for their goods.
21. The rates approved by the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh will also be
applicable to the District Sports Authorities in Andhra Pradesh.
22. A minimum warranty period of one year for non-consumable equipment and
guarantee for free repair / replacement against poor quality / workmanship must
be incorporated in the quotation.
23. The Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh is
not bound to accept the lowest quotation tender. He/She reserves the right to enter
into parallel contract for supply of any item and at any rate both at his/her
discretion and also taking into consideration the recommendations of the
24. The Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh, is
the sole authority to take any decision as deemed necessary on the Tenderers and
subsequently on the disputes regarding supply and quality, if any.
25. The Sports Authority of A.P. reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time
without any assigning reason. The decision of VC & MD, SAAP is final in this
regard. No claims from suppliers on account of cancellation of contract shall be
Payments will be made after inspecting the goods received at the destination and
on Certification for quality and quantity by the Committee constituted by SAAP or
the District Sports Authority as the case may be.
VICE CHAIRMAN AND
DEALER MANAGING DIRECTOR
27. The samples of the Consumable items approved will be the property of the Sports
Authority of Andhra Pradesh and will not pay for the samples as they will be used
for testing the quality before finalizing the item. However the non-consumable
items will be returned.
28. Documents to be sent along with the Tender forms submitted by each Tenderer.
a. Tender forms as purchased by the tenderer from Office of the Vice-Chairman
& Managing Director, Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
b. Declaration signed by the tenderer or by his authorized person along with
letter of authority/Dept.
c. Earnest Money Deposit of Rs.1,50,000/- (One lakh fifty thousand) in the
form of Demand Draft in favour of ‘VC & MD, SAAP’, payable at
d. Income Tax Clearance Certificate / Attested copies of tax payment challans
along with the I.T. Returns for the year 2008-09 to 2009-10.
e. Sales Tax / VAT Clearance Certificate for the year 2008-09 to 2009-10.
f. Evidence showing the minimum period of two (2) years marketing
experience in Sports Equipment / goods as well as in supplying to
Government Organisations and Private Organisations.
g. The tenders shall furnish the rates for the items indicated in the schedules
only. For any other better standard brands they may indicate the prices.
h. Evidence showing a minimum turnover in Sports Equipment / goods to a
tune of Rs.1,00,00,000/- and above (Rupees One Crore and above only) per
annum for the last three (3) years.
29. Financial bids should be submitted in a separate sealed cover to be placed in the
main cover along with other documents mentioned above.
30. Financial bids of the tenderers who are qualified on the basis of the technical
information required above will only be opened.
DEALER VICE CHAIRMAN AND