Social Studies TAKS Checklist
The Path To Commended Performance
1. Review TAKS QUESTIONS OF THE DAY/ DAILY QUESTIONS
2. Review “In a Nutshell” document about 8th grade US History.
3. Review 8th Grade TAKS Review Questions
4. Review Biographies and Glossaries
5. Review TAKS Social Studies Exit Level Terms
6. Review 11th Grade U.S. History Glossary
7. Review the five major eras discussed in class and presented in the group
presentations. Review the dates, people, events, concepts, and principles
corresponding to each era in American History. Also review the TAKS
Questions for each era.
a. The Civil War: 1861 – 1865.
b. The Gilded Age: Late 19th Century – 1870 – 1900.
c. World War I: 1914 – 1919, 1917!!
d. The Great Depression: 1929 – 1939.
e. World War II: 1939 – 1945, 1941!!
8. Review Benchmarks, TAKS Diagnostics Tests, and Pre-Released TAKS
exams administered throughout the school year.
9. Utilize the approaches and strategies discussed in class:
a. Process of Elimination
b. Confirm Correct Answer
c. Confirm Incorrect Answer
d. Handle with Care! Read every Question, Excerpt, Passage, and
Answer Choices Carefully!!!
e. When in doubt, skip and then come back to it once your done with the
other questions. Sometimes a 2nd fresh look is all you need!
10. 45/50 Questions answered correctly = Commended Performance
You have the tools and knowledge to succeed. Execute
the game plan, get your game face on, and represent!!!