Pelvic Girdle and Lower Limbs Questions (pg 162-166)
1. What two bones make up the pelvic girdle?
2. What bones make up the bony pelvis?
3. What is the difference between the pelvic girdle and the bony pelvis?
4. What is the most important function of the pelvic girdle? Why?
5. Name the 3 bones fused together to make up a hip bone.
6. Why is the ischium called the “sit-down” bone?
7. What is the pubis or pubic bone?
8. What is the obturator foramen?
9. The cartilaginous joint that fuses together each hip bone is?
10. What is the acetabulum purpose?
11. What are the differences between the male and female pelvises?
12. Why are the bones in the lower limb thicker and stronger than the bones
in the upper limb?
13. What is the name of your thigh bone?
14. The head of the femur articulates with what bone?
15. Why does the femur slant downward as it joins the other leg bones?
16. The lateral and medial condyles articulate with which bone?
17. What is the proper name for your kneecap?
18. What are the names of the bones that form the lower leg?
19. What are they connected together with?
20. What is the name of the 3 major bones in your foot?
21. How many bones are in the tarsus?
22. What is the proper name for your heel bone?
23. What is the proper name for your ankle?
24. How many metatarsal bones are there?
25. The bone name for the toes is? How many bones make up the toes?
26. What are fallen arches?