VIEWS: 12 PAGES: 3 POSTED ON: 10/10/2012
PR No.: 0031-2011-GER – Page 1 Carl Zeiss Meditec AG 07745 Jena Contact: +49 3641 220-331 Germany New: EyeMag Smart Medical Loupes with Sports Frame and Integrated Laser Protection from Carl Zeiss Precision and protection for laser procedures in dentistry JENA – 09.March 2011 Minimally invasive therapies are gaining increasing importance in the dental practice. The EyeMag® Smart medical loupes from Carl Zeiss are now available with a sports frame featuring special laser safety lenses and eyepiece protection. Thanks to their outstanding optical properties, EyeMag Smart medical loupes support laser therapy with 2.5x magnification for a good overview of the treatment area and make even the finest detail visible. Bright filters ensure good color vision, therefore allowing laser procedures on the patient to be performed with maximum precision and safety. EyeMag Smart with laser protection offers not only an attractive design, but also optimal eye protection: the eyeglass lenses protect the user against wavelengths of diode lasers in the range 805-1030 nm and of Nd:YAG lasers in the range 1030-1064 nm. The combination of the laser safety frame with eyepiece protection meets the requirements on laser safety stipulated by European standard EN 207. The curved shape of the lenses additionally protects the eyes against lateral incidence of the laser radiation. If no laser protection is required, the sports frame with laser protection can be exchanged at any time for a transparent frame from the Smart line. EyeMag Smart with laser protection has been approved as a medical device as per 93/42 EEC. PR No.: 0031-2011-GER – Page 1 Carl Zeiss Meditec AG 07745 Jena Contact: +49 3641 220-331 Germany EyeMag Smart loupes with sports frame and laser protection are available in five different versions with working distances of 300-550 mm and therefore allow the selection of the right loupes for the respective requirement. Outstanding wearing comfort is provided by soft nose pads and a headband. EyeMag Smart can be adapted quickly and intuitively to each individual treatment situation. Contact: Eva Sesselmann Patrick Kofler Director Corporate Communications Director Investor Relations Carl Zeiss Meditec AG Carl Zeiss Meditec AG Göschwitzer Strasse 51-52 Göschwitzer Strasse 51-52 07745 Jena, Germany 07745 Jena, Germany Phone: +49 (0) 3641/ 220-331 Phone: +49 (0) 3641/ 220-106 Fax: +49 (0) 3641/ 220-112 Fax: +49 (0) 3641/ 220-117 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com Brief profile Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE0005313704) is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions which enable doctors to improve the quality of life of their patients. It offers complete solutions, including implants and consumables, to diagnose and treat eye diseases. In the field of microsurgery the company provides innovative visualization solutions. The medical technology portfolio of Carl Zeiss Meditec is rounded off by promising future-oriented technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. The Company's around 2,200 employees generated revenues of about EUR 676 million in fiscal year 2009/10 (ended Sept. 30). PR No.: 0031-2011-GER – Page 1 Carl Zeiss Meditec AG 07745 Jena Contact: +49 3641 220-331 Germany The headquarters of Carl Zeiss Meditec are located in Jena, Germany. In addition to other subsidiaries in Germany, the company is represented by over 50 percent of its employees at sites in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are in free float. The remaining 65% are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world’s leading groups in the optical and opto-electronic industry. Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. During fiscal year 2009/109 the group of companies generated revenues of around EUR 2.98 billion. From fiscal year 2010/11 onward, eyeglass lens manufacturer Carl Zeiss Vision will be integrated as an autonomous business group (revenues of EUR 880 million in fiscal year 2009/10). The Carl Zeiss Group now has approximately 24,000 employees, including more than 10,000 in Germany. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Stiftung (Carl Zeiss Foundation). For further information, please visit our website at: http://www.meditec.zeiss.de
"d New EyeMag Smart Medical Loupes with Sports Frame and .rtf"