MARSH GIBBON PARISH COUNCIL.rtf

Document Sample
MARSH GIBBON PARISH COUNCIL.rtf Powered By Docstoc
					                      MARSH GIBBON PARISH COUNCIL
         MINUTES OF THE PARISH MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
     HELD ON TUESDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2006 AT 8.00PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllr J Davison (Chairman), Cllrs R Cross, J Smith, D Leonard, E Taylor, I Metherell, M
Hall and the Parish Clerk. Three Parishioners and Martin Harris from Sidleys.

APOLOGIES: PC Newman (holiday).


1.   MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF 10TH OCTOBER 2006:
     The minutes were agreed by all Councillors and were signed by the Chairman as a correct record
     subject to the addition of one parishioner (Mr Berry) to ‘Present’ list.

2.   MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
     Re The Knob - Cllr Davison had received a call from Paddy Hall asking when the topsoil work
     is to be completed. Generally agreed that Cllr Leonard to follow up quote and book in.

     Re Cemetery Gates - Generally agreed that Cllr Taylor to get more quotes for shotblast and
     three coats of paint and Cllr Leonard to get quote from Tim Richards in writing.

     Re Footway, Bicester Road - Clerk to make investigations. Put on hold until next meeting.
     Agreed.

     Re Village of the Year Runner-Up Certificate - Cllr Davison had collected earlier this evening.
     To be displayed in committee room of the village hall.

3.   ITEMS FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
     There were four members of the public present who had no items to discuss.

4.   GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE:

     AVDC
     Standards Committee Agenda 25th September and Minutes 22nd May
     Remittance Advice 21st September - Precept 2006/07 £7,812.00
     Letter 26th September - inviting Applications for ‘Music in Quiet Places’ (Clerk to pass to PCC),
     ‘Perfect Village Sunday’ and ‘Holiday Activities’ (Clerk to look into). Replies by 3rd November
     and 15th December
     Letter 2nd October - funding for Older People’s Luncheon Clubs (Agreed Clerk to pass copies to
     Peter Woods/Old Folks Fund/David Hiscock).
     Agenda for Aylesbury Vale Local Ctte meeting Thurs 12 October 2006

     BCC
     Letter 4th September - Buckinghamshire Local Access Forum Annual Review Executive
     Summary 2005/06 - summary of rights of way work
     Newsletter September 2005 ‘Getting Closer to Communities’
     Letter - re Reception Admissions for Sept 07 to Aug 08 and poster.
     Letter 8th September - re cancellation of Cluster Meeting for 5th October 2006
     Travel Planning Team Newsletter
     Letter 13th September - letter enclosing poster for General Household Survey
     Letter 14th September - re Vehicle Activated Signs (VAS)
     Letter 19th September - re Speed Limit Review Area - online survey to be completed by 31st

                                                                                                  832
October.
Email 21st September - re Changes Proposed to Waste Permit Rules. About DIY waste being
allowed to be taken to waste sites ‘using a private car, 4x4 or MPV’.
Letter 21st September - Revisiting the Getting Closer to Communities Strategy - Re-examining
the Local Community Areas.
Speed Indication Device - Evaluation Form (carry forward to next meeting)

BALC
Invite to Evening Reception to collect Bucks Village of the Year Awards on Tues 10th October.
RSVP.
Newsletter Autumn 2006
Agenda for AGM at 10am on Saturday 28th October 2006
Being a Good Councillor - Module 1 (for distribution to all Councillors)

Buckingham Town Council
Letter 12th September - notifying of a meeting on Weds 27th Sept at 7.30pm in Buckingham
Community Centre to discuss the proposed reduction of provision of services in North Bucks (ie.
Reducing hospital beds at Buckingham from 17 to 12. Asked to publicise meeting.

South East England Regional Assembly
Letter 4th September - review of SE plan, Provision for Gypsy & Traveller Caravan Sites -
comments by Fri 13th October.

NAG Meeting
Email 11th September - enclosing Minutes of NAG Meeting held on 23rd August. Notifying
date of next meeting 5th September, 8pm at Quainton Village Hall.

R J Tyrell
Letter 6th September requesting approval for memorial tablet for Henry Arthur Colver dec’d.
Fees enclosed £55.00 (Agreed subject to checking sizing).

Geere & Co
Letter 20th September requesting approval for memorial for Robert Turner dec’d. Fees to follow
from head office in Luton (Agreed subject to checking sizing).
Comp Slip 21st September - enclosing fee for above.

D L Hancock
Request for approval of memorial tablet for the late Hilda Anne Stevens and Gillian M
Shillinglaw. Cheque enclosed for £40 (Agreed subject to checking sizing).

Chilterns Woodland Project
Newsletter Summer 2006

Glasdon
New brochures for planters, litter bins, noticeboards etc.

SSAFA Forces
Letter 8th September - requesting details of parish magazine for submission of short articles.

Buckinghamshire County Museum
Email 7th September - asking to display poster regarding ‘Considering the Evidence’ an
introduction to family history using John Morgan’s painting ‘The Jury’.

Buckingham & Winslow District Scouts
                                                                                                 833
     Sept 2006 newsletter
     Clerk advised of Telephone Conversation re starting up a Scout Group in Marsh Gibbon

     Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust
     Letter 13th September - Fundraising letter

     Thames Valley Police
     Letter 12th September - posters for Halloween and Bonfire Night
     Email 18th September - from Annie Gleeson, details of venue for Neighbourhood Police Briefing
     on 20th September.
     Email 19th September - from A/Sgt Peter Dowling, invite to Neighbourhood Action Group social
     event on Tuesday 17th October. Reply by 1st October.
     Email 6th October - from A/Sgt Peter Dowling information regarding Halloween and Bonfire
     Night.
     Email 9th October - from /Sgt Peter Dowling notifying new Inspector for Neighbourhood
     Policing as Inspector Mandi Simons.

     The Vibe
     September 2006 - Several copies of The Vibe

     Marsh Gibbon Badminton Club
     Email 24th September - re Sports and Leisure Club Meeting. Email from Nigel Newberry
     advising will pass details on to new Secretary as he no longer holds the post.

     Sidleys
     Letter 26th September - re affordable housing

     Heritage & Sons, Winslow
     Email 26th September - requesting confirmation of current Cemetery fees.

     Asset ID
     Letter 27th September - introducing Squirrel® mobile CCTV for use regarding graffiti, bill
     positing, fly tipping, vandalism and anti-social behaviour.

     Crimestoppers
     September 2006 - ‘Get Rid of Graffiti’ leaflet

     Wildlife Trust
     Leaflet ‘ Parish Councils & Wildlife - A New Legal Duty’.

     In Focus
     September 2006 Issue

     Aylesbury Vale North Sports Council
     Letter 9th October - Agenda for Meeting on Thurs 19th October and Minutes from Meeting on
     Thurs 13th July


5.   PLANNING CORRESPONDENCE:

     Cherwell DC                  Planning Applications Received:
                                  06/01360/F
                                  OS Parcel 4400 Adjoining Marsh Gibbon Road and Station
                                  Road, Launton
                                                                                              834
                            Extension to existing above ground installation to provide a
                            new pressure reduction installation. Amendments to
                            permission 03/01751/F
                            Southern Gas Networks

                            PC COMMENTS: None

Bulletin 32/06              Planning Decisions:
                            06/01774/APP
                            14 Clements Lane, Marsh Gibbon
                            Demolition of existing garage and erection of double detached
                            garage with ancillary accommodation in roofspace.
                            Mr Steve Stych

                            DECISION: APPROVED

Cllrs Leonard and Hall declared an interest in application 06/02315/APP and left the meeting

Bulletin 33/06              Planning Applications Received:
                            06/02315/APP
                            Rose Cottage, Clements Lane, Marsh Gibbon
                            Erection of 4 dwellings and parking
                            The Ewelme Almhouse Charity

The Chairman opened the meeting

                             Martin Harris of Sidleys gave an explanation of the background to
                             the planning application. A parishioner spoke in favour of the
                             application. A long discussion took place.

The Chairman closed the meeting.

                             Cllr Cross proposed, Cllr Smith seconded that Council comments
                             should be ‘no objections. A vote was taken and there were 2 votes
                             in favour, one against and one abstain.

                            PC COMMENTS: No objections

Cllrs Leonard and Hall rejoin the meeting

Bulletin 34/06              Nothing

Bulletin 35/06              Planning Decisions:
                            06/01677/APP
                            Plot 7 Westbury Manor Farm, Moat Lane, Marsh Gibbon
                            Erection of dwelling with rear dormer windows (Amendment to
                            01/01958/app).
                            Sidalls (Bicester)Ltd

                            DECISION: APPROVED


Bulletin 36/06              Planning Applications Received:
                            06/02439/ALB
                                                                                           835
                           5 Priory Farm Cottages, Townsend, Marsh Gibbon
                           Single storey side extension
                           Mr & Mrs Norris-Jones

The Chairman opened the meeting.

                           Mr Insall addressed council with 5 points of objection to the
                           planning application.
                            - loss of light
                            - skylights cause loss of privacy and cause noise disturbance
                            - general design
                            - loss of parking
                            - not brining anything additional to the village

The Chairman closed the meeting.

                           After a general discussion the following proposals were made:-

                           1st vote – Cllr Metherell proposed, Cllr Taylor seconded that
                           council should object on 4 of the points raised by Mr Insall. Vote
                           was taken and there were 2 votes in favour and 3 against and 1
                           abstain.

                           2nd vote – Cllr Metherell proposed, Cllr Taylor seconded that
                           council’s response should be “no comments”. Vote was taken and
                           there were 2 votes in favour and 3 against and 1 abstain.

                           3rd vote – Cllr Cross proposed, Cllr Smith seconded that council’s
                           comments should be “no objections”. A vote was taken and there
                           were 3 votes in favour and 1 against. The motion was carried.

                           PC COMMENTS: No objections


Bulletin 36/06             Planning Applications Received:
                           06/02441/APP
                           5 Priory Farm Cottages, Townsend, Marsh Gibbon
                           Single storey side extension
                           Mr & Mrs Norris-Jones

                           Please see above comments.

                           PC COMMENTS: No objections

Planning Notice            06/02275/AHR
                           Removal and reinstatement of sections of existing hedgerow
                           where pipeline route crosses hedge at right angles
                           Pipeline between Hardwick and Marsh Gibbon - Station Road,
                           Quainton
                           Mr Gary Wilson

Correspondence             06/01677/APP
                           Plot 7 Westbury Manor Farm, Moat Lane, Marsh Gibbon
                           Erection of dwelling with rear dormer windows (Amendment to
                                                                                  836
                                01/01958/app)
                                Revised drawings

                                06/02009/APP
                                Greenwood Lodge, Moat Lane, Marsh Gibbon
                                Extension to residential curtilage and erection of two car ports
                                and garden store building
                                Notification of inclusion in meeting on 5th October 2006

                                06/02315/APP
                                Rose Cottage, Clements Lane, Marsh Gibbon
                                Erection of 4 dwellings and parking
                                Letter of objection from Mr and Mrs Paul Fuller

     Development Control Committee Meetings

     3rd August 2006            Minutes       Nothing
     14th September 2006        Agenda        Nothing
     24th August 2006           Minutes       Nothing
     5th October 2006           Agenda        06/02009/APP Extension to residential curtilage and
                                              erection of two car ports and garden store building -
                                              Greenwood Lodge, Moat Lane, Marsh Gibbon. Mr
                                              and Mrs Berry

6.   CLERKS FINANCIAL REPORT:

     F Thompson - Parish Clerk - Salary & Expenses – Sept 06                                288.19
     Marsh Gibbon Village Hall Hire
     - 1st August                                                            8.50
     - 8th August                                                            8.50
                                                                          ______
                                                                                             17.00
     M Dempsey - grasscutting
     - Burial Ground                                                        55.00
     - Village                                                             100.00
                                                                          ______
                                                                                            155.00
     Marsh Gibbon Village Hall Hire
     - 5th September                                                                          9.00

     M Dempsey - grasscutting
     - Burial Ground                                                        55.00
     - Village                                                             100.00
                                                                          ______
                                                                                            155.00
                                                                                           ______

     Total Payments                                                                       £624.19

     MONIES REC’D:                                                                               £
     R J Tyrell - Memorial for Henry Colver dec’d                                            55.00
     Geere & Co - Memorial for Robert Turner dec’d                                           55.00

                                                                                                 £
                                                                                               837
     Balance of Community A/C at 30 Sept 2006                                                  130.88
     Less o/s drs to date                                                                        0.00
                                                                                              ______

     Net Balance                                                                              £130.88

     Balance of Business Premium A/C at 30 Sept 2006                                         8,178.34

     Balance of Earmarked Reserves A/C at 30 Sept 2006                                      19,777.88

     NB: The balance in the ‘Earmarked Reserves Account’ is made up of -
              £
     12,720.00 - towards the replacement of the synthetic carpet at the 5-a-side.
        655.00 - is for refurbishment of synthetic carpet at 5-a-side
      4,452.88 - approx - is for the improvements - play area (includes £160 from PCC)
      1,000.00 - is for maintenance of play equipment
        950.00 - is towards Ware Pond cleaning
          0.00 - is Interest to date
     19,777.88 - TOTAL

     All agreed the above payments.

7.   PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
     No items to be discussed.

8.   AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN MARSH GIBBON:
     Awaiting meeting to be arranged. Agenda for next meeting. Tony Barker to get highways
     advice re sites. Agreed that Cllr Metherell will ask for input once meeting has been arranged.
     Dates to be circulated once received.

9.   LEISURE FACILITIES IN MARSH GIBBON:
     A meeting was held on Tuesday 3rd October. Representatives from the Sports and Social Club
     were not in attendance.

     The Chairman opened the meeting.

     Cllr Cross stated that we had been trying to find out what the Sports and Social Club need at the
     Recreation Ground and that we can’t really move forward until we know. Andy Mason stated
     that various rumours are circulating but he didn’t know what the full situation was. Andy will
     relay back to the Football and Cricket Club Committees what it is the Parish Council require.
     Cllr Metherell stated that at the Meeting on 3rd October it was decided that the various
     organisations would stay at their present settings and that we should focus on the Sports and
     Social Club and what they need at the Recreation Ground. The Tennis Club were not happy to
     move down the Recreation Ground and the Bowls Club could be incorporated in the Village Hall
     expansion plans. We should now focus on the sites we have rather than moving facilities around.

     Cllr Cross suggested the Parish Council approach Ewelme regarding gaining more land at the
     Recreation Ground and Andy Mason stated that the Football and Cricket Club would probably
     support this. Cllr Smith suggested writing again to the Sports and Social Club to ask what it is
     they require. As the Parish Council are caretakers of the Recreation Ground land is parish land
     they need to ensure that a meeting takes place with the Football and Cricket Clubs to enable the
     Parish Council to help with this. Cllr Davison suggested writing to the Clubs and asking for
     dates when they could make a meeting. Andy Mason said he would ensure that the Clubs are
     aware that the Parish Council is wanting to help.
                                                                                                  838
     The Chairman closed the meeting.

     Cllr Metherell confirmed that there is no need to contact any other organisations as this now
     needs to be between the Parish Council and the Sports and Social Club. Clerk to write to invite
     the officers to a meeting. Agreed that Cllrs Metherell, Cross and Smith to represent the Parish
     Council on this Committee.

10. NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING:
    No information from the last meeting.

     Re Speed Indication Device - Cllr Davison had erected SID on Friday 22nd September in
     Station Road from 5.15pm to 7pm but did not make notes of speeds. Highest speed was 42mph
     with the majority of traffic being slightly over the 30mph limit. Gary Gibbons erected the device
     on Church Street outside Reading Room Cottage from 8am to 10am and 2pm to 3.45pm on Sat
     23rd September, the average speeds recorded were 40.71mph and 43.16mph respectively. Cllr
     Smith erected the device in Castle Street from 8am to 9.15am on Monday 25th September, the
     average speed recorded was 35.44mph, however, one car had gone through so fast it didn’t even
     register. Cllr Metherell commented that these values were similar to five years ago when we last
     used the device. Cllr Metherell also mentioned the Vehicle Activated Signs that some villages
     had had installed. These cost £10,000 per sign and it is best to have two signs in case one
     develops faults, there are also maintenance charges. Perhaps this is something we could consider
     for Marsh Gibbon.

     The Chairman opened the Meeting

     Ed Insall asked whether the information was passed to Thames Valley Police as Darren
     Humphries had asked for this type of information. Cllr Davison advised that the figures will be
     passed back to the Neighbourhood Action Group.

     Paddy Hall, Andy Mason and Martin Harris leave the meeting

     Cllr Metherell commented that we had received a letter from Bucks County Council regarding
     Speed Limit Reviews. Cllr Davison suggested tabling for the next meeting.

     The Chairman closed the meeting

11. ST MARY’S CHURCHYARD:
    Re Church Wall - Tenders received, now trying to obtain funds through Capital Program Bid.

     Re Grasscutting - Cllr Metherell asked the PCC if they would like the PC to have an agreement
     with AVDC. PCC agreed that after initial problems that they were happy with things as they
     were. Cllr Metherell reported that Tony Wells was not in attendance at that meeting and has
     asked for it to be tabled for the next PCC meeting on 23rd November, so will await a final
     decision then.

12. ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS:

     Re Stump Well - Clerk to chase for a reply to earlier correspondence.

     Re Street Lighting - Cllr Taylor to check lighting around the village and report back to the Clerk
     any faults.

     Re Bench outside school - Cllr Smith reported that Phil Vick is moving out of the area at the end
                                                                                                   839
     of October. Agreed Clerk to contact Phil to request paints, scrapers etc back. Cllr Smith
     suggested asking Arnie Rawlings (village hall caretaker) to do the seat. Agreed.

     Re The Homestead - Cllr Smith reported that the stones placed on the kerbside were now hidden
     in the grass and proved to be a tripping hazard. Clerk to write to Highways to ask for them to be
     removed. Agreed.

13. PLAY EQUIPMENT AND TEENAGE RECREATION AREA:
    Cllr Smith reported that the Pre-school had been impressed with the cleanliness of the Teenage
    Recreation Area.

     Received a verbal quote from John Knibb at £75 (parts and labour) to replace the two concrete
     bases at the gates to the play area. Cllr Taylor commented that we need to make sure there is to
     trip hazard. Agreed Cllr Davison to go ahead and organise.

     Cllr Davison to do inspections for next month.

14. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE:
    Clerk undergoing training to update website.

     Re Photographs - Need new group photograph and photographs of new Clerk and Cllr Smith.
     Agreed Cllr Smith and Clerk to liaise with David Evershed regarding taking photographs. New
     group photograph to be taken at the December meeting.

15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
    Re Whales Lane - Cllr Cross mentioned that the hedges need cutting back. Agreed Clerk to
    contact Highways regarding contacting Mr Phipps and the owner of Rivendell to ensure this is
    done.

16. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING:
    Tuesday 14th November 2006 at 8pm in the Village Hall.

Meeting Closed 9.56pm




                                                                                                  840

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:4
posted:10/10/2012
language:Unknown
pages:9
shensengvf shensengvf http://
About