CHRISTOPHER W. STIMPSON
Westminster, Colorado 80031 • email@example.com • 301-956-0303
Position in which I can use proven skillset of marketing communications, organization and
management, as demonstrated in successful careers in advertising and advocacy
Communications and Organization
• For fifteen years ran advertising accounts and marketing communications programs in B2B
agency and corporate settings. This involved not only writing and editing but also
account/project management, budgeting, media plans, product launches, working with internal
and external vendors and production supervision.
• Projects included ad campaigns, PR, trade show organization, presentations, website content,
collateral, on-line communication, etc.
• See CHRONOLOGY below for timeline.
Communications, Advocacy and Organization - Solar Nation
• Ran www.solar-nation.org from 2007-2011 as Executive Campaigner, conducting action alerts
at federal and state level to 13,000 subscribers on legislative and regulatory issues impacting
solar energy, renewables in general, and environmental protection.
• Wrote monthly Solar Citizen newsletter (www.solar-nation.org/newsletter/yyyy-mm/) from
Oct 07 to Jul 11 with commentary, opinion and educational content on renewable energy topics.
• Spoke at public and semi-public events (American Institute of Architects, Consumers Council,
Green Festival, The Renewable Energy Initiative) on clean energy advocacy.
• Gave presentations to ASES chapters on renewable energy education at local levels.
Management, Advocacy and Communications - Clean Power Now
• In 2003, co-founded and -directed www.cleanpowernow.org to support country’s first offshore
wind farm (Cape Wind); in 2010, Cape Wind was approved.
• As a director of Clean Power Now, published material to present to the public the rational truth
about modern wind power, e.g: op-eds in regional press, fact sheets, and the 'Winds of Truth'
summary of Environmental Impact Statement.
• Represented organization at local public events, gave interviews and commentary on radio, and
created ad campaign for Cape Wind support.
• Ran staff liaison function for local chapters and technical divisions of American Solar Energy
Society, optimizing multilateral benefits between HQ, divisions and regional bodies.
• For three years ran international marketing communications department of software co.,
organizing major trade show presence in European markets.
• As independent consultant, organized company participation in major trade show, including all
logistics, creative elements, training, quality control, and negotiations with show management
2012 Licensed agent, National Agents Alliance (insurance agents’ group)
2007—2011 Executive Campaigner, Solar Nation (nationwide solar power advocacy group)
2004—2007 Radio Sales Executive, WFCC & WKPE
2002—2004 Entrepreneur/franchisee, Subway Sandwiches
2003—2009 Board Director, Clean Power Now (advocacy group for wind power project)
2001 Trade Show Executive Consultant to Magnetek, Inc. (telecoms power supplies)
1999—2000 Snr. Marketing Mgr., Linx Communications (wireless service provider)
1996—1999 Int’l. Marcom Mgr., Dragon Systems (computer speech recognition software)
1991—1996 Marcom Mgr., GTE Gov’t. Systems (communication systems)
1984—1991 Acc’t. Supervisor & VP, Advertising Assistance, Inc. (B2B tech-focused agency)
1982—1984 Marcom Co-ord, Neil Brown Instrument Systems (environmental instruments)
Shaun McGrath, Executive Director, American Solar Energy Society
Brad Collins (former Executive Director, American Solar Energy Society)
Barbara Hill, Executive Director, Clean Power Now
Lesley College, Programs for Management in Business and Industry
Bachelor of Science in Organizational Behavior