Miss Abdallah Rodeo Queen 2010 Amy Hudlemeyer
MISS ABDALLAH 2010 RODEO QUEEN CONTEST
RULES AND INFORMATION
All questions and future correspondence should be directed to Andy Kling, 5300 Metcalf,
Overland Park, Kansas 66202, Phone 913-362-5300.
1. Contest eligibility: age 16-25 as of May 13, 2011: single, never having been
2. Completed applications are to be returned to the Competition Chairmen as soon as
possible. Deadline is May 6, 2011. .
3. Horses: riding competition: no stallions.
4. Three (3) glossy, 4x5 inches, black and white photographs must be submitted with
application. (Head and shoulders in western attire with hat is required)
5. Each contestant must sign a waiver of liability.
6. The Queen and two Princesses are required to participate in the Rodeo the two
7. Any un-sportsman like conduct from the contestant and/or contestant’s family will not
be tolerated and subject to disqualification.
Each contestant must agree to abide by contest rules with the possibility of
disqualification for infractions.
The Committee feels that it is the duty and obligation of anyone in a competition of this
stature to portray the highest moral standards and show the true ideals of young
womanhood and set an example above reproach. Therefore, should any circumstance
occur in which the contestant is conducting herself in an improper manner or way of life,
she will be disqualified from the competition and/or her title taken away, whichever the
case may be. If the contestant has been pregnant, is presently pregnant, or becomes
pregnant during her reign, she will forfeit her crown and all benefits derived from the
Rodeo Queen Contest.
The winner of the Abdallah Rodeo Queen Contest agrees not to marry during her reign.
If she should marry, the title will be awarded to the first runner-up.
ABDALLAH SHRINE RODEO QUEEN CONTEST
CONTESTANT LIABILITY WAIVER
AGREEMENT: As consideration for being allowed to participate and/or compete in the Rodeo, the undersigned
(Insert participant’s full name and address)
Agrees to the following:
1. Acknowledgement of Risk: The undersigned acknowledges that rodeos are dangerous activities and that
participation in a rodeo, as a contestant, an employee, or volunteer, exposes the participant to a substantial
and serious risk of property damage, personal injury or death. The undersigned expressly acknowledges that
his/her participation in the rodeo will involve such hazard.
2. Release of Sponsors: The undersigned, being fully aware that participation in the rodeo will expose him/her to
a substantial and serious risk of property damage and/or personal injury or death, hereby releases all sponsors
from liability for any and all property damage, personal injuries or other claims arising from the undersigned’s
participation in the rodeo, including those that are known and unknown, and unforeseen, future or contingent.
3. Covenant Not to Sue: The undersigned covenants that the undersigned shall not now or at any time in the
future, directly or indirectly, commence or prosecute any action, suit or other proceeding against the sponsors
or their officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates) concerning, arising out of, or related to the actions,
causes of action, claims and demands hereby waived, released or discharged by the undersigned.
4. Assurances: The undersigned has full power, authority, capacity and right without limitation to execute, deliver
and perform this release.
5. Binding Effect: This release shall be binding upon the undersigned and the undersigned’s spouse, legal
representatives, heirs, successor and assign.
This release has been carefully and fully read by the undersigned and the undersigned fully understands its terms
and conditions and has voluntarily executed and delivered this release as of the day of
Age of participant
Participants under 18 years of age must have the following signed by their parent or guardian.
CONSENT OF PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
I have read the above release in full. I fully understand its terms and conditions,
and I hereby voluntarily execute and deliver this consent to ‘s participation in the
rodeo. I further agree to be fully bound by the Waiver’s terms and conditions in both my individual capacity and in
my capacity as parent or legal guardian for the signed participant. I further agree to indemnify and hold the Rodeo
Sponsors harmless for all liability they might have as a result of damage, injury, and/or death to the above Abdallah
Shrine Rodeo Queen Contest participant.
Date Parent/Guardian Signature
Miss Abdallah Rodeo Queen 2010 Amy Hudlemeyer
2011 ABDALLAH SHRINE RODEO QUEEN CONTEST
Sponsoring Unit Date
Name Age Date of Birth
Address City State Zip
Parents’ Names Phone_____________
Name of High School College
Rodeo & Horse Show Activities
(If more space is needed, please use an additional sheet of paper.)
1. Contestant must be single between the ages of 16 and 25 at time of contest.
2. Each contestant will be judged on horsemanship, riding pattern previously set. Judging of poise/personality and
3. The Queen and two Princesses will be crowned during the first performance of the Rodeo.
4. The new Queen will be asked to fulfill that position until the next year’s Queen is chosen.
5. The Queen, Princesses, and Miss Congeniality must attend all performances of the Rodeo.
6. The Abdallah Shrine will sponsor the Queen’s first $200 expenses to compete in the Miss Rodeo Kansas or Missouri
Pageant only in the year following her reign.
CONTESTANT’S SIGNATURE PARENT’S/GUARDIAN’S SIGNATURE
PLEASE ENCLOSE 3 GLOSSY, 4X5 IN. BLACK & WHITE PHOTOS; HEAD AND SHOULDERS, IN WESTERN
ATTIRE, WITH HAT. NON-RETURNABLE. FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS UPON RECEIPT OF APPLICATION.
Please mail completed application to Andy Kling, Queen Chairman, 5300 Metcalf, Overland Park, KS 66202.
Entry deadline is May 6, 2011
Walk to Point A and Mount
A. Begin work to the right.
B. Complete first figure eight with small, slow circles.
C. Complete second figure eight with large, faster circles.
D. Execute final lead change.
E. Break to walk or trot and proceed to point F.
F. Begin first rundown at least 30 feet from rail.
G. Perform rollback away from fence and begin second rundown.
H. Perform second rollback away from fence and begin third rundown.
I. Run past center marker and execute a sliding stop.
J. Back to center of arena.
K. Pivot 90 degrees to the left and walk forward three steps.
L. Ninety-degree pivot to the right.
M. One-hundred eighty-degree pivot to the left.
N. One hundred eighty-degree pivot to the right. Dismount and walk to exit.