pursuant to Article § 754 and subsequently to law No. 40/1964 Collection, Civil Code, in version of
Masaryk University in Brno
registered address: Žerotínovo nám. 617/ 9, 601 77 Brno
represented by Ing. Zdeněk Čížek, Director, Halls of Residence and Cafeterias Administration, Masaryk
University, Vinařská 5, 603 00 Brno
The accommodation officer authorized to sign this Contract ……………………………………………………………,
Reg. No.: 00216 224
VAT Reg. No.: CZ00216224
Bank details: Komerční banka a.s., Praha, branch Brno - město, Account No. 85636621/0100
Legal form: Public University, enacted by law, it is not noted in the business register
Birth statistical Last name First name Title
I.D. card no./pass No. Nationality
Place of permanent residence
Post Code Town Street, number
closed on the day, year and month shown below this
contracted on the day, month and year according to directive § 754 and subsequently to law No. 40/1964
Collection, Civil Code, in version of subsequent directives (henceforth “Civil Code”) the
ARTICLE I SCOPE OF SERVICES AND LENGTH OF ACCOMMODATION
l. The Provider will provide the Resident with temporary accommodation in one bed in a room that includes
basic furnishing (as per the inventory list) and facilities (hereinafter also "accommodation area")
in the Hall …………………………………………………………… Room No.: ..................................
2. Accommodation will be for a fixed period
ARTICLE II COMMENCEMENT AND TERMINATION OF ACCOMMODATION
1. Accommodation begins on the date set forth in Article I / 2 of the Contract.
2. Accommodation is terminated:
a) with the end of the period set forth in this Contract; in case the Resident applies for the Contract prolongation at the latest one month before the
lapse of the period set for the accommodation, it is possible to prolong the accommodation period with the agreement of the accommodation
b) by the early termination of the Contract by the Resident (check-out by the Resident) before the end of the scheduled period set forth in Par. 3 of
c) if it is impossible to fulfil the terms of the Contract;
d) with a decision by the Provider to terminate the Contract before the end of the agreed period of accommodation, if the Resident despite warnings
violates decent manners or otherwise egregiously violates the legal or contractual obligations an illustrative list of violations, including ways of
dealing with such cases, is set forth in the effective directive on student accommodation and in Accommodation Regulations)
e) with the expiry in vain of the time period set for students with an advance booking pursuant to V / 3 of this Contract;
3. The Resident may terminate the Contract only in writing as of last calendar day of the month in which the notice is delivered to the Provider. If the
Resident terminates the Contract, he shall pay to the Provider, pursuant to Article 497 of the Civil Code, compensation in accordance with the
a) In case the Resident ends the stay at the halls of residence as of the last calendar day of the (calendar) month given, the following calculation for
the compensation amount is in force: the amount set as a daily accommodation fee corresponding to the price of the allocated bed in Czech
crowns x (times) 30 days.
b) In case the Resident ends the stay before the last calendar day of the (calendar) month given, the following calculation for the compensation
amount is in force: the amount set as a daily accommodation fee corresponding to the price of the allocated bed in Czech crowns x (times) 30
days adding the amount set as a daily accommodation fee corresponding to the price of the allocated bed in Czech crowns x (times) number of
calendar days till the last calendar day of the (calendar) month given, beginning with the day of ending the stay at the halls of residence;
The compensation amount set in accordance with the date of ending the stay at the halls of residence as written in letter a) and b) is paid by the
Resident also in case the Provider backs out of the contract in accordance with the previous article 2, letter d) of the contract.
The compensation is due the 10th calendar day from the ending of the Resident’s stay at the halls of residence.
Legal consequences of the termination become effective on the day when written termination notice is delivered to the other contractual party; if
the Contract is terminated by the Resident, the termination becomes legally effective on the last calendar day of the month in which his written
termination notice was delivered to the Provider. The Provider's termination notice shall be delivered to the last address of the Resident known to the
Provider; in the case of any doubts the notice will be considered delivered on the fifth calendar day from the date when it was sent by post or by some
other public delivery service Provider, regardless the fact whether the Resident learnt about it or not.
4. Impossibility of fulfilling the Contract in the meaning of Article 575 / 1 of the Civil Code refers especially to those cases where the Provider, due to
hazardous condition of the university halls of residence or for other objective reasons (damage or destruction of the hall), cannot according to the
decision of appropriate state organs provide accommodation and services associated with accommodation.
ARTICLE III RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF RESIDENTS
1. The Resident has the right a responsibilities:
- to properly use the residence area allocated to him for accommodation, the shared areas of the Hall and services associated with accommodation
- pursuant to Act 133/1985 on fire prevention, as amended (full text in Act 67/2001) and its statutory instruments (Ministry of Interior Decree
246/2001), the Resident is required to always behave in such a way within the MU premises that his/her activities do not become the cause of a
fire; other procedures are regulated by the Accommodation Regulations of the Masaryk University.
- to be provided with the basic furnishings of a room (as given in the room’s inventory list) and to regular maintenance of those furnishings.
- to observe legal and other regulations relating to accommodation, including internal regulation, to respect instructions given by members of the
academic staff and other employees of MU and the Provider in particular for proper fulfilment of this Contract;
- not to allow other person use the room or a part of it for accommodation; not to assign his rights and responsibilities under this Contract to any
third person. In the event this provision is violated, the Resident will pay a set fine of 5,000 CZK, which may be imposed repeatedly. This does not
affect the right of the Provider to terminate the accommodation in the manner set forth by Article II / 2d) of this Contract.
- to refrain from any action that would inhibit the normal use of the Hall by other Residents;
- to vacate the accommodation area, and in due manner return it to the Provider in the move-in day condition and layout, without deficiencies or
damage, by the day that the accommodation is terminated, by 12:00 noon at the latest;
- by the date of termination of accommodation, the Resident must compensate the Provider for all obligations incurred during accommodation, or
stemming from or related to it;
- to promptly inform the Provider of any changes regarding his personal data or any other facts important for the proper execution of this Contract;
ARTICLE IV RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROVIDER
1. The Provider has the right especially to:
- issue instructions for the proper fulfilment of this Contract;
- to move the Resident at the Resident's expense, and possibly to move his belongings (at the Resident's expense) to a place designated for them,
if the Resident does not move out of the room by the date of termination of accommodation.
- to move a student for serious reasons, at most once during the accommodation period for serious reasons, especially for technical / operational
reasons or for reasons of efficient use of accommodation capacity, to a bed in a room within the same Hall or another Hall of Residence of MU,
unless the two sides agree otherwise. The Resident must be informed of the move at least two weeks in advance. Within the meaning of this
agreement, when changing the accommodation area, the provider will provide the Resident with a discount in amount of 20% from the current
price for accommodation in the calender month during which the change of accommodation occurred.
2. Other rights and responsibilities of the Provider are set forth in the Rules of Accommodation;
ARTICLE V ACCOMMODATION FEE, OTHER CHARGES AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
1. The Resident agrees to pay properly and on time:
• for accommodation and services associated with accommodation ("accommodation fee"), at the price set by the effective list of
accommodation fees and the list of charges for the use of electrical appliances that are made public by the usual manner
• To pay in full and on time all the other charges set down in this Contract.
The accommodation fee shall be charged monthly from the date of commencement of accommodation set forth in Article I / 2 of this Contract:
a) By collection or transfer from the Resident's bank account using the System for support of non-cash and cash payments for the use of some
selected services provided to natural persons by MU (henceforth SUPO). The use of SUPO is governed by the relevant Directive of Masaryk University.
Residents are required to activate SUPO (to agree to the conditions for SUPO operation). Accommodation services in Halls of Residence at MU can only
be provided to SUPO subscribers.
b) The due date for the accommodation fee is the 10th calendar day of the month for which the accommodation fee is paid. Should the
accommodation commence during the month, the accommodation fee is due on the 10th day of the actual accommodation period. The fee must be
transferred to the Provider's account on the due day set forth for the payment. If the accommodation fee payment is delayed by more than 20 days,
the Provider has the right to terminate this Contract in accordance with Article II / 2 d) of this Contract
2. The Resident agrees to pay, by a non-cash transfer, a security deposit (a bond) that will be calculated as the daily accommodation fee for
the bed allocated to the Resident in CZK times 30 days. The bond will be settled as of the date of termination of accommodation, and it will be used to
satisfy the Provider's claims due to him by virtue of the Resident's liabilities established by, arising from or related to this Contract and secured by this
bond, including damages and compensation.
Any arrears are payable upon the termination of the accommodation within 10 days after the termination of the Contract to the Provider's bank
account. Any overpayments will remain deposited in SUPO. The Resident cannot claim any interest on his bond. The bond shall be payable on the 10
day from the actual move-in date.
Contracting parties acknowledge that the bond described in this paragraph is a security deposit in the meaning of Article 555 of the Civil Code, which
consists in a deposition of a certain sum (a bond) by the Resident that the Provider may use be satisfy his claims towards the Resident that were
established by, arising from or related to this Contract, whose future liabilities established by, arising from or related to this Contract are being
secured by this bond.
3. Students with advance booking agree to pay an advance booking bond of 1,000 CZK by a non-cash transfer on the date set by the Provider. The bond
set forth in this paragraph is a security deposit in the meaning of the last sentence of the previous Par. 3 of the same Article. Students with an
advance booking are students to whom accommodation in a hall of residence was allocated for the next academic year according to the university
waiting list, and who sign this Contract on dates set for advance bookings by the Provider. This bond will be set for a period from the assigned move-
in date to the actual move-in date of the student with advance booking, but not later than 5 days from the assigned move-in date to the hall, unless
some other move-in date is agreed between the student with an advance booking and the Provider. If this period expires in vain, the accommodation
is considered lapsed and the advance booking bond will be forfeited to the Provider as a contractual penalty. If the student with advance booking
moves in on the assigned or the agreed move-in date, this advance booking bond will be set off against the bond (security deposit) that the Resident
pays pursuant to Par. 2 of the same Article.
4. In the event of late payment of the accommodation fee or the compensation, the Resident will pay a contractual penalty of 5 CZK for every late
calendar day started until the day the accommodation fee or the compensation is paid. This provision does not in any way affect the right of the
Provider to impose the legal interest for late payment, or to terminate the accommodation as stipulated in Article II / 2 e) of this Contract.
5. In the event that the Resident does not vacate and properly return the accommodation area to the Provider by the date of termination of
accommodation, the Resident will pay to the Provider a fine in the amount of 500 CZK for each started calendar day of delay in fulfilling this obligation.
ARTICLE VI LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE, PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. The liability of the Resident for damage caused to the Provider by violation of contractual (legal) obligations follows the direction § 420 and
subsequntaly the Civil Code.
2. The liability of the Provider for damage on brought objects follows the Act § 433 of the Civil Code. The Resident is obligated to deposit jewellery,
money and other valuables (henceforth “valuables”) at the time and at the place designated for the purpose by the hall of residence manager; the
liability of the Provider for the valuables within the amount specified in operating directive is determined in Act § 434 of Civil Code.
3. The Resident is authorized to bring objects of special value or electrical appliances into the accommodation area and to use them only under the
conditions set forth in Article VII of this Contract.
4. The Resident agrees that the Provider, in providing accommodation services, uses the personal information found in this Contract, in accordance with
Act 101/2000 Sb. on the protection of personal information and on the amendment of several other Acts, as amended; or information that the
Provider obtains in the course of fulfilling the rights and responsibilities under this Contract. The Resident grants this permission for possible use of
this information also if the Provider signs a Contract with another entity for the processing of personal information. By processing of personal
information and their protection within the meaning of this provision it is understood also to monitor common areas of the University Halls of
Residence (building entrance, open connecting corridors, staircase, emergency exits) by the cine-camera system, in particular for safety and fire
service reasons; in the relevant areas, people are given a visibly situated notice in advance.
ARTICLE VII OTHER PROVISIONS
1. The Resident is required to inform the Provider on the installation or use of information technology (PC, notebook, appliances, etc.), audiovisual
technology, visual technology (cameras, projectors, binoculars, etc.), or other items of special value (henceforth “item of special value)on a printed
form obtained from the respective hall of residence manager while respecting conditions stipulated in the following provisions of this Article.
2. The Resident is required to ask the Provider in writing for a consent with installing or using electrical appliances or similar electrical equipment
(henceforth “electrical appliances”) using a printed form obtained from the respective hall of residence manager. Installation or use of electrical
appliances is possible in line with the Provider’s Instructions for Using Electrical Appliances. It is not permitted to bring to the hall of residence and use
electrical appliances that do not comply with applicable technical standards or the power consumption of which significantly exceeds the usual power
consumption in the accommodation facility.
3. In the event that the Resident fails to declare a special value item or electrical appliance in a manner stipulated in this Contract, the Resident will pay
a contractual penalty of 3,000 CZK (three thousand Czech crowns); this agreed contractual penalty may be imposed repeatedly for each unauthorised
installation or use of a special value item or electrical appliance.
ARTICLE VIII CLOSING PROVISIONS
1. In matters not specifically dealt with in this Contract, the Czech legal norms apply, especially the appropriate statutes of Civil Code, the guidelines for
accommodation of students at Halls of Residence of Masaryk University in Brno, current Accommodation Regulations of Masaryk University in Brno,
and instructions given by the academic staff, other MU employees and especially by Provider for the purposes of proper fulfilment of this Contract.
2. With his signature, the Resident confirms that on the day this Contract is signed he has become fully acquainted with the contents of the above-cited
internal norms of the Provider.
3. Any disputes arising from this Contract, deriving from it, or related to it will be settled by the two sides first and foremost by mutual agreement. In
the event agreement is not reached, disputes will be settled by the appropriate court, the local jurisdiction of the court is determined by the location
of the registered address of Masaryk University in correspondence with the Rules of Civil Procedure.
4. This Contract may only be altered or amended by written amendments signed by both parties, this provision doesn´t apply to changes in the prices
5. Contractual fines (sanctions) agreed by this contract are payed by the Resident independently of the fact, whether the breach of duty, secured by this
agreement, was caused by him or not and independently of the fact whether some damage arises to the provider in any amount, which is recoverable
6. By attaching their signatures, both parties confirm the authenticity of this Contract. The Resident also declares that he has read this Contract before
he signed it, signed it on the basis of true and free will, after mutual discussion, and not under duress or under clearly disadvantageous conditions.
7. This Contract becomes valid on the date of signature by both parties and is prepared in two counterparts, one for each party.
In Brno, (date) ……………………………
to be filled in by the Provider
Check-in to hall of residence: Termination of stay in hall of residence: