Catawissa Creek Watershed Rivers Conservation Plan
1. What County and Municipality do you live in?
2. Do you live in the Catawissa Creek Watershed? Yes No
3. Do you have a water body or wet area on your property? Yes No
If Yes, what is it? (If No, skip to question # 5)
River Small Stream/Creek (<4’ wide)
Wetland Large Stream/Creek (>4’ wide)
Does this water body have a specific name? (ex. Catawissa Creek) __________
4. Recently scientists have learned that the presence of a band of natural vegetation (such as trees and
brush) along a water body (called a buffer) can absorb storm water and pollutants and decrease erosion.
Do you have a water related buffer (grass alone doesn’t count) (Skip question if you do not have a water
body on your property)
How wide is it?
Less than 5 feet 5-10 feet 10-20 feet Over 20 feet
5. Living beside water can have benefits. Do you consider any of the following water related advantages
to be a benefit to you (If you do not have a water body on your property please answer anyway)
Wildlife Increased property value
Play area for children Walking
6. Living beside the Catawissa Creek can have drawbacks. Have any of the following issues caused you
problems or caused problems in the watershed that you are aware of?
Flooding Trespassers Liability
Eroding Banks Trash in Stream or Bank (litter)
Wet Basement Sewer lines/outfalls
Water Pollution Sinkholes
7. Local municipalities are responsible for most of the regulation that can help protect their creeks and
water bodies. In your opinion are your municipality’s ordinances:
Adequately protective Don’t know
Not protective enough No opinion
8. Would you favor having all the municipalities in the Catawissa Creek Watershed work together with
county officials, landowners, businesses, industry and the Catawissa Creek Restoration Association to
improve the quality of the watershed through the Rivers Conservation Plan?
9. What would be the most important recommendation(s) to include in a plan for conserving the Catawissa
Creek Watershed? (Ex. address AMD; address stormwater erosion; protect open space and farmland;
conduct education and outreach; preserve historic structures.)
If you are interested in receiving more information about the rivers conservation plan as the project progresses please
complete the following:
For more information, please contact:
Pennsylvania Environmental Council
175 Main Street, Luzerne, Pa 18709