COUNTY COUNCIL OF BEAUFORT COUNTY
DIVISION OF PARKS AND LEISURE SERVICES
1 Middleton Recreation Drive, Beaufort, SC 29906
Phone (843) 255-6680 Fax (843) 255-9430 Beaufort
905 Buckwalter Parkway, Bluffton, SC 29910
Phone (843) 255-6710 Fax (843) 255-9408 Bluffton
Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services Pool Rental
I, the undersigned, hereby apply for the use of Beaufort County Parks and Leisure Services Facility and, in connection
with said application, furnish the following:
Contact Person Phone
City State Zip
Home Phone Alternate Phone
Rental Date Event Type
Size of Group (Adults & Minors)
Rental Time (Please be sure to include set up if any in rental time)
Event Duration Set up time Takedown Ends Total Time
*Alcohol is not allowed at any County pool.
I further stipulate that I have read and understand all the rules and regulations as set forth by the governing body of the
County of Beaufort for the use of this facility and will abide by same and understand that if any required chaperones
and/or law enforcement personnel are not present the function will be terminated. I also understand that proof of sufficient
insurance may be required at the discretion of the department.
Renter’s Signature Date
Requested Pool for Rental
Pool Rentals: Battery Creek / Beaufort / Bluffton / Lind Brown
Indoor/Outdoor Pool Rental For up to 3 hours of use $200.00
Additional fee per hour $70.00
Refundable Security Deposit $200.00
Page 1 of 3
Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services Usage Cancellation Policy
Any and all cancellations and/or date changes must be in writing and signed by the same person who signed this
application and paid the rental fees and must be given to the Main Office no less than 14 days prior to the event. Fee
refunds will be made, by check, less a 25% service charge, and will be delivered by mail.
I have read and understand the above policy.
Renter’s Signature Date
Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement
In consideration of the permission granted to me by the Beaufort County Parks and Leisure Services Division to use the
approved rental facility, I hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Beaufort County Parks and Leisure Services Division,
its agents, servants and employees from any and all claims and causes of action that may arise from injury to me or third
parties using the facilities at the who are injured or suffer property
damage that is in any way caused by my use of the . This indemnity and
hold harmless agreement is given to the County of Beaufort to protect the County and its agents, servants and employees
from cost of defense and claims for injuries and damages that may be caused either directly or indirectly by my use of the
Person or Company giving Indemnity Date
Pool rental payment and deposit must be received 3 weeks prior to a rental. Cash, check or credit card in the form of
Master Card, Visa or Discover Card is accepted. A fee of 3% will be applied to all credit card transactions and a $3.95 fee
for Visa Debit Cards. If payment is received less than 3 weeks prior to your scheduled rental a cashier’s check or credit
card will only be accepted.
Rules & Regulations
As a service to the community, the Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services Department shall grant the rental of the
above pool, in keeping with the following policies:
1. The Department must receive and approve an application for each use or activity, and will appoint representatives
to maintain contact with organization that use Parks & Leisure Services facilities.
2. Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services activities, Beaufort County School activities, and other recreation-
related organizations will have access for use, in that order.
3. A contract is to be signed for each facility used. The contract shall set forth any terms and fees required.
4. The fee schedule for rental of facilities as approved by Beaufort County Council.
5. No facility, or any part thereof, shall be rented to an individual or group for personal profit or for private or
corporate gain which is in direct competition with local businesses.
6. Parks & Leisure Services Department facilities shall not be leased by any group that advocates unconstitutional or
illegal acts, or whose activities may be contrary to the best interests of the County. No use shall be allowed for a
function that presents obvious danger to the safety of persons and property.
7. Organizations using Parks & Leisure Services facilities are responsible for proper conduct of all persons attending
and for prompt restoration of Parks & Leisure Services property in the event of any damage. If the Parks &
Leisure Services Department considers police protection necessary, it must be provided by the organization to the
Departments satisfaction. Liability insurance and bonds may be required at the Department’s discretion.
Page 2 of 3
8. Organizations renting the outdoor facilities will be required to cancel any event due to rain unless they obtain
written permission from PALS staff.
9. Smoking, the use of illegal substances or alcohol* are not permitted in any Parks & Leisure Services facility.
(*Note: Alcohol use is permitted under the provisions of Beaufort County Ordinance No. 79-11. However, at no
time is alcohol permitted for pool rentals).
10. A deposit shall be required for use. The deposit will be returned if the facility is left in the same, or better,
condition as when rented.
11. The Beaufort County Parks & Leisure Services Department reserves the right to reject any use or rental
application and/or to waive any or all charges as determined in the Department’s best interest. Rental/use
agreements will be cancelled in the case of facilities abuse.
For Office Use Only
Staff Approval (Print Name) Signature
Rental Amount Due Deposit Amount Due Date
Rental Amount Paid Cash Check # ________ CC # ________
Receipt # Staff Signature
Deposit Amount Paid Cash Check # ________
Receipt # Staff Signature Date
Final Inspection Completed by (Print Name) Signature
(Will then release deposit)
Deposit Return Method Mail Pick-up Shred Date
Page 3 of 3