MINUTES of the MEETING of SILKSTONE PLAYING FIELDS COMMITTEE held by JK42AfX

VIEWS: 2 PAGES: 2

									MINUTES of the MEETING of SILKSTONE PLAYING FIELDS COMMITTEE held on Monday 17 January
2011 at 7.00pm at Silkstone Pavilion.

PRESENT:       Chairman: D Walker (SUJCC)

N Bentley (SUFC over 35’s),S Chambers (SUCC), S Jackson (SUJFC u 15’s), Cllr Stier (Silkstone PC), & J
Ward (SUJFC).

Non attendance: SUJFC u 13’s, SUJFC u 14’s & SUJFC u 17’s.

10-44 APOLOGIES

   Apologies were received and accepted from, A Horsfield (SUFC Adults) and Cllr R Leech (Silkstone
   PC).

10-45 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - None

10-46 MINUTES

    RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Silkstone Playing Fields Committee (SPFC) held on
    Monday 22 November 10. The Minutes were signed by the Chairman.

10-47 JUNIOR CLUB REPRESENTATION

    John Ward was in attendance at the meeting representing Julie Ward secretary of SUJFC.

    RESOLVED that two junior club representatives should attend each meeting rather than a
    representative from every team. The representatives from each team to liaise and agree who will
    attend each meeting.

    FURTHER RESOLVED that agendas and minutes will still be e-mailed to all representatives.

    John Ward left the meeting.

10-48 PAVILION

       RESOLVED that the Fire Risk Assessment policy document be noted.

       Comments Book

       RESOLVED to note the following comments; members will pass this information on to their teams.
             A replacement Wheelbarrow has been ordered .
             The barrier across the steps must be put up before every match and removed at the end
              of the match.
             A resident has been reported to Regulatory Services at BMBC for allowing their dogs to
              foul the recreation areas.
             RWP on cricket side requires a steel grill to prevent bottles being pushed down the pipe.
             Tractor blades need sharpening (Clerk to contact J H Mower services)

               A reminder to all Pavilion users to write any repair work required in the comments book
               ready for the handyman to address on a Friday.

       The Chairman signed the comments book.

     10-49     PAVILION BOOKINGS/HIRE


SPFC Minutes

17 January 2010
     Harriers dates confirmed for 2011 – 2nd April, 18th June, 17th Sept, 26th Nov

     10-50     RECREATION GROUND

       ROCK IN THE REC - No further updates. S Chambers commented that senior cricket teams have
       one match away and one free day on the date of Rockin the Rec.

       Roller for tractor currently broken. AH to contact handyman to see if he can repair it.

       SC confirmed Planning Application for cricket sight screens has been submitted. Response
       expected next week.

     10-51     ACCOUNTS

       RESOLVED to note the Budget Monitor and Receipts and Payments schedules.

       RESOLVED to note that the Clerk will contact S Chambers when the 30 day notice is received from
       the Utility suppliers so that he can find out the best utilities deal at the time.

     10-52     CORRESPONDENCE

       RESOLVED to note that the cricket club have received a grant from the community support fund for
       £1,000.The cricket club would be happy to pay 50% of the remainder to purchase a scarifier for the
       cricket wicket. S Chambers handed the Clerk a quotation from SISIS for £2,800. He will try to obtain
       alternative quotes and forward to the Clerk. The Clerk will present the information to the next PC
       meeting for a decision to be taken on the amount the Parish Council will pay towards the scarifier.

       RESOLVED to note that the STRI inspector will be visiting site on 28 March 2011 at 9am. D
       Walker, S Chambers and N Bentley will try to attend. The Clerk was asked to contact G
       Wells. to see if he would like to attend the meeting as he has done in the past.

     10-53     ANY OTHER PAVILION OR PLAYING FIELDS BUSINESS

       RESOLVED that the Clerk will forward the job description for the grounds man to S Chambers and
       N Bentley who will liaise to produce an annual schedule of work for the grounds man. Upon receipt
       of the schedule the Clerk will issue the grounds man’s contract to Mr Dawson.

       RESOLVED that the Clerk will e-mail all representatives regarding the junior goal posts in the
       garage. The handy man will be clearing out the garage and creating shelving/storage to tidy up the
       area over winter.

       RESOLVED that Nigel Bentley will obtain a set of Pavilion keys from D Atkinson and will pass on to
       his assistant Ian Crossley.

       RESOLVED that the Clerk will check if the 10 year old diesel cricket roller is on the Parish Council’s
       asset register and will arrange for the machine to be serviced if it is owned by the Parish Council.

       RESOLVED that D Walker will order new First Aid boxes through Barnsley Timber Merchants.

       Reminder to all user groups to remove unwanted equipment from Pavilion Garage

     10-54     DATE OF NEXT MEETING : Monday 28 February 2011 at 7pm.

       The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.20pm.

                                                   Signed by Chairman

SPFC Minutes

17 January 2010

								
To top