The Wern, Llandyrnog.
Denbigh. LL16 4HW
By kind permission of Mr Raymond Owen
Sunday 9th Sep 2012
Pre Entries Close Wednesday 5th Sep 2012 £3
Entries taken on day £5
Chairman: Miss Chrissie Mayes
Hon Vet: Mr Richard Owen
Secretary: Mrs Iona Pierce
1. The committee do not hold themselves responsible for
any accident to any person, animal or vehicle.
2. Entry fee to accompany entry.
3. The committee reserve the right to cancel or alter the
rotation of events as may be required.
4. The committee reserve the right to refuse any entry and
their decision is final in all disputes.
5. The judges decision is final in all events.
6. NO ENTRY FEES RETURNED. Numbers to be
collected from the secretary on show day.
7. All competitors are expected to know, to understand and
to follow the rules and regulations of various societies
under which their classes are judged.
8. All Cups & Trophies to be returned to the show
secretary at least 1 month before the show date.
9. All competitors will be expected to wear hard hats &
shoes or boots with suitable heels while riding.
10.Any person may submit a protest. All protests must be
accompanied by a deposit of £5which shall be returned
to the depositor if the protest is substantiated, otherwise
to be forfeited to the show. This rule will be strictly
The Organiser, the Landowner, or Committee do not accept
liability for accidents, damage, illness or injury to Horses,
riders, Spectators or any Person or Property whatsoever.
Classes 1-23 & 30-37 £3 OR £5 on day
Gymkhana Classes 24-29 £10 for all 6 or £2 each.
EQUITATION To start 10.30 am
Sponsored by Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch of the Pony Club
Judge : Debbie Miller Ring 2
1. Pony any height. Rider 11 – 14 years.
2. Pony any height. Rider 15 years and over.
3. Pony any height. Rider 10 years & under.
OPEN PONY CLASSES 11.00 am
Judge: Deidre Williams Ring 4
4. Best Turned Out Pony & Rider. Pony any height, rider any age.
5. Lead Rein Pony. Rider 7 years & under.
6. First Ridden Pony. Rider 10 years & under.
7. Pony 14.2 hh and under. Rider any age.
8. Horses over 14.2 hh. Rider any age.
9. Veteran over 15 years. Will be split if enough entries.
WORKING HUNTER CLASSES 10.30 am
Judges: Mrs Jan Smith & Mrs Christine Edwards
10.Working Hunter Pony. Lead Rein 7 years & under
11. Working Hunter Pony. Rider 10 years & under.
Max height 2’
12. Working Hunter Pony. 14.2 hh & under. Max height 2’ 6”
13. Novice Working Hunter. Over 14.2 hh. Max height 2’ 6”
14. Open Working Hunter. Over 14.2 hh. Max height 3’
The Hollister Owen perpetual memorial Challenge Cup will be awarded.
Open to 1st & 2nd place winners in classes 10-14
HANDY PONY CLASSES 11.00 am
Judge: Mr G. LL. Hughes Ring 5
15.Handy Pony. Pony any height. Rider 11years & under
16. Handy Pony. Pony any height. Rider 12 years & over.
IN HAND CLASSES.
To be judged Approx 12.30pm Ring 2
Judge: Caryl Oldfield
17.Veteran 15 years & over. Will be split if enough entries
18.Colt Filly or Gelding 3 years old & under. Any height.
19.Mare, Gelding or Stallion 4 years old & over.
20.Mountain & Moorland Small Breeds any age. Welsh Sec
A & B, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Shetland
21.Mountain & Moorland Large Breeds any age. Dales,
Fell, Connemara, Highland, New Forest, Welsh Sec C & D.
22.Arab & Part Bred Arab. Any age
23.Coloured Horse or Pony. Any age.
OPEN IN HAND CHAMPIONSHIP
The Fingerpost Stud Trophy presented by Mr R Preston will be
awarded to the winner.
Open to all 1st & 2nd place winners in classes 17-23
GYMKHANA To start approx 2.00pm
Judge: Mr G Ll Hughes. £2 per race or £10 for all 6. Ring 4
24. Musical sacks
28. Ball & Cone
Will be divided into Juniors (11& under) & Seniors (12 & over) if
enough entries. Please state age on entry form when entering.
UNAFFILIATED SHOW JUMPING
To start 10.00 am
30. . Lead Rein 10yrs & Under. Jumps 18”
Entries in this Class ON Lead Rein are not allowed in another Class
OFF Lead Rein
The Heulwen Griffiths Perpetual Memorial Challenge Trophy will be
awarded to the winner of Lead Rein Class.
31. Novice Pony Jumps 2’ in 1st round
32. Intermediate Pony Jumps 2’3” in 1st round
33. Open Pony Jumps 2’9” in 1st round
34. Pairs Any Height
35. Novice Horse Jumps 2’6” in 1st round
36. Intermediate Horse Jumps 2’9” in 1st round
37. Open Horse Jumps 3’3” in 1st round
A Trophy is awarded in every Class except Pairs. To be collected
from the Secretaries Tent.
1. Judges decision is final.
2. All competitors must wear jacket & tie.
3. All competitors must wear the correct number before being
allowed entry to the ring.
4. The second round is against the clock- a clear round wins over a
faster time with faults.
5. Ponies are 14.2hh & under, Horses are over 14.2hh.
6. Only 2 classes allowed for any one horse/pony and rider
combination + the Pairs Class.
7. Entering H/C (non competitive) counts as one Class.
CLEAR ROUND JUMPING
RING 1 RING 2 RING 3 RING 4 RING 5 RING 6
10.00AM 10.30AM 10.30AM 11.00AM. 11.00AM
SHOW EQUITATION WHP OPEN PONY HANDY PONY CLEAR
JUMPING RIDDEN ROUND
LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH
PM 12.30 PM 2.00PM
SHOW IN GYMKHANA