Sophie Kot & Caitlin Bogart
• How do human activities cause global
• How does global warming impact the
• How can people slow the rate of global
Human Activities That Cause
• We pollute the Earth • Another major man-made
when we burn fossil fuels cause of Global Warming
(oil, coal and gas) to is population. More people
generate electricity and means more food and
methods of transportation.
power vehicles. We More methane is produced
produce heat-trapping because there is more
gases that cause global burning of fossil fuels and
warming. The more we more agriculture. The
burn, the faster global more people, the more
climate change occurs. cars and pollution.
Global Warming Impacting the
• It will be hotter.
• The Ozone Layer will be destroyed making deadly
diseases such as skin cancer more common.
• The polar ice caps will melt, increasing the
amount of water in the ocean which causes the sea
level to rise, flooding coasts of landmasses and
flooding some islands from existence.
How to Slow the Rate of Global
• Unplug your chargers (for cell phones, toothbrushes etc)
when you are not using them.
• Use energy-efficient appliances.
• Run your washing machine and your dish washer only
when you have a full load.
• Generate your own electricity by using solar panels
• Raising awareness to others and setting good examples
One Effect of Global Warming
• Clear cutting is a
forestry practice in
which most or all of
all trees in a harvest
area are cut down.
How It Effects Global Warming
• The trees that convert our
carbon dioxide to oxygen are
being demolished because
we're using the land we cut
trees down from as property
for homes and buildings. We
aren’t replacing the trees (an
important part of our eco
system), and are constantly
taking advantage of our
natural resources and giving
nothing but pollution back in
• Plant trees.
• Use recycled items such as books or pad paper, toilet
paper, even shopping bags. If you can, do not waste any of
these products so that no new raw material would be
required to replace them.
• Cut down only the mature trees.
• Do not kill baby trees.
• Instead of using firewood, use coals to heat up your
fireplaces during the winter season.
• Support the laws or programs that were made to protect the