Children and Young People’s Priority Action Group
19th October 12pm-2pm Chequers Bridge
Present: Julie Large (chair), Lorna Robinson, Morgana Lovell, Andrea
Walthew, Mark Stapleton
Apologise: Terry Pullen, Mel Dafforn, Malcolm Dunn, Pip Levett, Imran
Atcha, Sarah Pettifer.
Welcome and Introductions
Introductions by all, Julie Large apologised for attendance and explained that
there had been a number of apologies from members of the group including
3. Matters Arising form last meeting
The group agreed the minutes of the last meeting to be an accurate record.
There was some debate over the production of the summer events booklet,
this year it was circulated in July, which was to late for the schools.
Julie told the group that there was an admin charge of £80 for the
production, which they would recoup from the Gloucester Partnership budget.
The group decided that a June circulation would be better, although that may
be to early for small groups who may only write there summer programme in
June/early July. Mark suggested a central portal online where the data could
be collected, and then the link could be sent rather then printing a summer
programme. Morgana highlighted the accessibility issue as not everyone has
access to the Internet. Andrea suggested utilising school notice boards.
Morgana suggested using the Gloucestershire University, Graduate Challenge
scheme where by the University pays for a graduate to help you with a 3-
4. The Play Strategy
Unfortunately Pip couldn’t attend the meeting but a written update was
Gloucestershire Play Strategy: Meeting to discuss the strategy and to
update Gloucester City’s Play Strategy on Monday 16th November
between 11am and 2pm. If you provide play in your workplace please
come along and help, contact Pip Levett on 07799125308 or email
Play at the Park: CYPAG members are warmly invited to the exciting
play rangers showcase event in October half term. Thursday 29th
October between 11am and 3pm at the University of Gloucestershire’s
park campus. Come and see the team in action…
5. Youth Offer funding
Unfortunately Terry Pullen could not attend today’s meeting, Morgana
gave a quick update in his place.
Next meeting to allocate the final funding is on the 6th November, there is
£9k left and each group can ask for a maximum of £1k.
Action: Morgana to feedback at the next meeting who has been
successful in the second round.
Action: List of all successful bids to be posted on Gloucester Partnership
website and Youth Offer website (Terry).
Deadline is the 31st October to be sent back to Terry Pullen at Chequers
Action: Morgana to send details of funding to Andrea.
Action: An update for the Gloucester Partnership newsletter to be
produced for Christmas time (Morgana).
6. Feedback from the Gloucester Partnership
Julie Large updated the group on the last executive meeting, which
included a PAG Showcase. The Healthy City group, the CYPAG and the
Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership were invited to meet the
Executive to explain about the group and what they were doing and it
gave the Exec and opportunity to share their priorities and learn more
about the delivery of the Sustainable Community Strategy aims.
Lorna Robinson, the Gloucester Partnership coordinator said that the
Partnership was going though a large review and that reviewing the
CYPAG at the same time my be beneficial.
Julie suggested that a sub-group be formed to look at the action plan,
review the stats etc and look at how the meetings will run in the future.
Possibly a strategic group and a networking group?
Lorna suggested an update report be taken to the January Executive
meeting and that the Exec was partially interested in the unmet need
around services to young people.
Action: Julie to send current action plan to Andrea.
Andrea suggested that the information collected by the CAF’s would help
understand the unmet need.
Lorna and Morgana offered to be apart of the subgroup. A possible date of
the 26th Nov was suggested? Any members of CYPAG that are
interested in being part of the sub group please can you contact
Julie Large to send out confirmation of the date and time to meet.
Membership was reviewed and it was agreed that Lorna would update the
main Gloucester Partnership database. Membership will be reviewed again
by the sub group.
Next meeting: TBC.