CONTROL FEATURES USED BY
6. CONTROL FEATURES
• One control feature Zappos uses is on time
delivery (4 days). Though the goal is overnight,
customers are impressed that they deliver early
98 percent of the time.
• At Zappos, our belief is that if you get the culture
right, most of the other stuff — like great
customer service, or building a great long-term
brand, or passionate employees and customers
— will happen naturally on its own,” Hsieh writes
7. Organizational Culture
• Zappos cultural belief: “customer service
should not be just a department; it should be
the entire company.
• They believe that the company’s culture and
the company’s brand are really just two sides
of the same coin. The brand may lag the
culture at first, but eventually it will catch up.
• 1) Deliver WOW Through Service
2) Embrace and Drive Change
3) Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4) Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5) Pursue Growth and Learning
6) Build Open and Honest Relationships With
7) Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8) Do More With Less
9) Be Passionate and Determined
10) Be Humble
ZAPPOS Phone center
8. SWOT analysis
• 1. Customer oriented culture and services.
• 2. Hiring process. At Zappos.
• 3. Fun to work there.
• 1. Nontraditional management.
• 2. Lack of marketing, This is because although there are
many online shoppers today and the number is still
growing, Zappos is unable to reach the majority of retail
shoppers by only having the online outlet channel.
• Teaming with Amazon to help accelerate
Zappos brand and culture.
• By pairing with Amazon Zappos is better
position for long term growth and tapping
• Low wages; Average annual salary $48,000,
• Customer service representatives salary:
• Average customer service They pay3% below
the national average; however, they offer free
medical, 401K match in order to stay
9. Conclussion and recomendations
• I would recommend in highly populated areas
to open store front Zappos store. With the
same customer service culture and now big
brand store Zappos can continue to grow its
name and sell its products.
• Continue the same culture that has gotten
Zappos this far.