Liberty High School
“Why Making a Big Mac
should be considered
Manufacturing”, Hw #16
Answer questions 1 to 6 using the human capital that you have acquired in class. Answer
the remaining questions while reading the article.
1. What is a business?
2. What are the two types of products?
3. What are goods?
4. What are services?
5. What is GDP?
6. What is specialization
7. What does the author identify as the genius of American Manufacturing?
8. What did this mean during the early phases?
9. What were the beneficial results of the innovations from this early phase?
10. How has the nature of American manufacturing advanced further?
11. How has manufacturing become even more specialized in this modern era?
12. What is the issue with regards to the fast food industry that the author would like
to see reexamined?
13. What do modern fast food restaurants have in common with many other
14. How does he use the classification of different burritos based on their “origin” to
illustrate certain contradictions in determining what is manufacturing and what is
15. What does the author say we should expect as society become wealthier?
16. How does American fast food participate in exporting?
17. What is the conclusion of the article?