MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE EVERSLEY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON

Document Sample
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE EVERSLEY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON Powered By Docstoc
					MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE EVERSLEY PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY
1ST DECEMBER 2010 IN EVERSLEY VILLAGE HALL AT 9.00PM FOLLOWING THE MEETING
OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OF EVERSLEY PARISH COUNCIL.

      PRESENT:              Cllr P Todd             (Chairman)
                            Cllr D Bradley
                            Cllr Dr A Crampton
                            Cllr DNewman
                            Cllr P Tidey

      ALSO PRESENT:         PC Mark Hoban, Mr S Dickens, Miss Z Lundy and Mrs B Hawken,
                            Clerk.
Notes of the informal meeting held between PC Mark Hoban, residents and the Parish Council
have been appended to the Minutes.

99    APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE,
      Apologies had been received from Cllrs C Young, J Foster and A Ricketts.

100   APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE EVERSLEY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD
      ON WEDNESDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2010,
      Also present:         Mr M Hartley.
      Min 87:               Burial Ground Line 5 “Burial Ground” not “Burial Grounds”
      Min 90:               A327 opposite to Warbrook House - “The skid warning signs have
                            been removed”.
      It was resolved that, with these amendments, the Minutes be approved and signed by the
      Chairman.                                                                                        PT

101   MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE EVERSLEY PARISH COUNCIL
      MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2010,
      Min 85: Parish Plan                            The Clerk confirmed that she had placed a
      further request for volunteers in the Parish Magazine for December. Cllr Bradley suggested
      that if there is little or no response again this time, the Parish Council must take the
      initiative.                                                                                      All
                  Blackwater Valley Draft Strategy 2011/2016        The Chairman reported that he
      had pursued EPC’s comments at the recent Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership
      AGM. The meeting noted EPC's suggestion that there should be a long term objective to
      provide a new highway access connecting Hall's Lane directly to the B3272, thus replacing
      both Fox Lane junctions, which are inadequate. However, since no location had yet been
      agreed for a Visitors' Centre in the Valley, such a suggestion was considered to be
      premature."
      Min 87: Consultation on Heavy Snow                          The Chairman confirmed that
      details had gone in the Parish Magazine for December.
      Min 95: HCC Mobile Library Service                          The Clerk confirmed that the
      survey had been completed and submitted. Based upon the distances involved in Eversley
      and the number of visitors, EPC had requested that HCC retains 2 of its current stops – one
      at Kingsley Road and the other at Oaklea Drive.
      Min 96: Electoral Review of Hart                            The Chairman reported that the
      electoral review had been discussed by Hart District Council and its proposal is to reduce
      from 35 to 33 members and create 11 three member wards. At present Eversley is part of
      a single member ward and if the recommendation is accepted it would become a small part
      of a ward with more than three times as many electors represented by three elected
      Councillors. In response to a question from Cllr D Bradley, the Chairman confirmed that
      Eversley would then cease to be a solely rural ward. He added that there would be further
      consultations, including opportunity to consult at parish level before the proposals are taken
      to the Local Government Boundary Commission.
102   DIARY MATTERS,
      None.

103   OBSERVATIONS AND QUESTIONS FROM PARISHIONERS,
      None.

104   TREASURER’S REPORT,
      The Treasurer passed out copies of the bank reconciliation for December.
      Reconciliation
      Balance in bank at End of November 2010 per Min 88/10                           17,103.70
      Lodgements                                                                         257.30
                                                                                      17,361.00
      Outstanding Cheques Cashed                                                          83.75
                                                                                      17,277.25
      Cheques not yet cashed                                                              72.29
                                                                                      17,349.54
      Cheques for payment 1st December 2010
      To include Website support for 2011/12 and increased insurance
      premium for additional equipment at Lower Common.                                1,815.99
      Total                End of December 2010                                       15,533.55

      1 The Treasurer expressed concern that the cheque for £42.29 to DD Hire had not yet
      been cashed when the cheque for £7.36 had and both had been sent in the same envelope
      to DD Hire. Next month’s statement will be checked.
      2 Nick Robins Ltd had confirmed that no cuts had been carried out in November.
      3. HCC confirmed on 24th November that the grant claim for leader funding had been
      processed and the cheque for £4,400.95 should be paid within 10 days.
      4. The Treasurer confirmed that a VAT claim for £2122.05 would be submitted once the
      cheques for 1st December had been cleared.

105   REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES,
      None.

106   HIGHWAYS MATTERS,
      NHTS                               Cllr D Bradley confirmed that the NHTS sum for Eversley
      was still recorded by Hart DC at £25,000 despite the fact that it should be £38,000 to
      include interest. The Chairman confirmed that Daryl Phillips, Head of Planning at Hart DC
      had agreed to raise the matter of interest but no further correspondence had been received,
      neither had Cllr Appleton responded. He offered to chase Cllr Appleton and copy his
      comments to Cllr D Simpson and Alastair Clark to see if other parishes had noticed the
      discrepancy.                                                                                    PT
      Webb’s Corner                      Cllr Bradley reported that the principal item on the Agenda
      at the Bi-annual Highways Meeting with HCC, due to take place at Hook on 2nd December
      was Webbs Corner.                                                                              DB/PT/PDT
      Cross Green                        Cllr Bradley reported that ESA had received queries
      regarding the responsibility relating to the gravel roads across Cross Green. One is an
      access road to the Cricket Club the other is an access road to Eversley Cross House.
      Potholes need filling in and the road needs consolidating. Cllr Bradley offered to discuss
      the matter with ESA management with a view to coming to some arrangement with the
      owner of Cross Green House.                                                                     DB

107   FLOODING,
      Webb’s Corner                   Cllr Bradley reported that the flooding aspect would also
      be discussed at the Bi-annual Highways Meeting with HCC. An action plan has been
      developed by EPC with the assistance of the cottage owners and this will be discussed at
      the meeting with a view to HCC accepting actions under the plan.
      Scrutiny Meeting on Flooding      Cllr Bradley reported that there had still been no response
      from Ian Plummer or Cllr Maughan regarding Minutes of the meeting held on 26th July at
      Hart DC. He described it as ludicrous that EPC was unable to obtain the Minutes or
      establish if Thames Water had taken any action relating to the matters discussed at the
      meeting. The Chairman suggested that as the Chair of Scrutiny is ultimately responsible it
      might be best to chase him for the information.                                                   Clerk
      Following the meeting, whilst attempting to obtain details of the Chairman of the Scrutiny
      Committee, the Clerk managed to obtain the Minutes of the Scrutiny Committee but no
      information on actions taken.
      Warbrook Lane                     The ditch has been dug out and Cllr P Tidey reported that
      Gavin Webster has moved on to pastures new. He has thanked him on behalf of EPC for
      his co-operation with the Parish Council.

108   SEWERAGE,
      Thames Water Sewerage Flooding Meeting 20th July at Hart DC           Cllr Bradley reported
      that this was suffering from lack of response. It was possible that some actions might have
      been taken but no one was keeping EPC informed. There are no minutes of this meeting
      available on Hart’s website.

109   PARISH PRECEPT 2011/2012,
      Cllr P Tidey provided draft copies of the proposed budget for 2011/2012. Several items
      needed finalising as follows:
      Burial Ground
      Plots                    There are currently only 7 plots left although there may be the
      possibility if reconfiguring a certain area to provide more space. EPC has tried several
      times to take up the prospect of additional land with the adjacent landowner and will
      pursue.                                                                                           PDT
      Maintenance               Nick Robins has offered to maintain the additional broad strips of
      land, that have been uncovered by cutting back the overgrown hedges, at no extra charge.
      Fees                     There is the potential to increase the Reserves as income from the
      Burial Ground has been greater than expected this year and the charges need to keep
      pace with Yateley and Hawley cemeteries. The Clerk will check their current charges.              Clerk
      Grants                   Cllr Tidey warned that Hart DC might consider reducing its
      contribution towards the maintenance of the Burial Ground and EPC would have to
      consider whether or not to make up the difference.
      Subscriptions/Donations
      Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership The Chairman reminded the council that it had
      been considering becoming a full participant in the Partnership and as such would need to
      put in a payment between £500 and £1,000 per annum. He suggested that this should be a
      S137 payment as their assistance and provision of volunteer helpers had been of immense
      help to the village. He offered to check the current fee structure.                               PT
      Gleam                    The Clerk reported that Gleam has asked its long-standing life
      members to give a further donation, if possible, to help with general expenses. It was
      agreed that as EPC paid only £30 membership some 9 years ago and has had great
      support from Gleam, it would donate £50 in Q4.                                                    All
      Cllr Tidey explained that he believed a 2% increase would be acceptable and he would
      finalise the figures in time to circulate them before the meeting on January 5th.                 PDT
      Cllr D Bradley commended Cllr Tidey on his proposals.
110   OTHER MATTERS OF URGENCY (at the discretion of the Chairman),
      None.

111   ANY OTHER ITEMS OF INFORMATION,
      Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group                 A request had been received for a donation of
      £50. It was agreed that as as there are now so few farms in agricultural production, instead
      of "horsiculture", left in Eversley, it would not be feasible to make a donation.
Community Carol Concert RAF Odiham            An invitation had been received to a concert
on Wednesday 15th December at 7.45pm to a concert in No 2 Hangar. Tickets are free, but
limited and are available from the Chaplain’s Clerk on 01256 367497.

There being no further items for discussion the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.57pm.


Chairman…………………………………………………Date………………………………………
PC MARK HOBAN                                                                          APPENDIX 1

The Chairman introduced PC Mark Hoban, Eversley’s new beat policeman and explained that
councillors and residents had been invited to get to know Mark and consider the main issues
affecting Eversley.

PC Hoban explained that he was based in Hook and had previously been with Yateley Police so he
knows the area well. He had already requested information on areas of concern and these
appeared to be:

Speeding                       The Street, Reading Road and Warbrook Lane.
In the last month PC Hoban had been discussing this with HCC and HDC. Data recorders had
been fitted in the Street about a year ago when speeding was identified as an issue of concern but
it appears nothing has been done with the data. He had arranged for camera vans and hand held
laser enforcement to take readings, and speeds in excess of 60mph had been confirmed. Roads
policing are aware of the problems and have been asked to attend at school times. The Chairman
said it would be useful if a report based on these findings could appear in the News and Mail to
deter speeding. Following the meeting PC Hoban produced a report for the Parish Magazine
which will be placed in the January issue.

PC Hoban reported that at present at least 15 vehicles per hour are exceeding the speed limit, but
once this drops to 5 per hour, surveillance will cease. There is, unfortunately, only one van
available for the whole county and this is run by a partnership between the Police and the Council.
PC Hoban explained that speeding is a problem in every village but he is hoping to obtain a SID to
record data. Unfortunately this will be made available by the Council and comes down to finance.

The Chairman said that when EPC obtained the data for The Street, one of the officers at Hart DC
suggested that an engineering answer was needed to prevent speeding but no action was taken.
PC Hoban explained that The Street does not offer anywhere to pull cars over and interview
drivers, but should be a suitable location for Community Speedwatch.

Community Speedwatch         PC Hoban explained that he has spoken to the Police volunteers
section and has confirmed that Community Speedwatch is not currently supported by HCC, but in
the New Year there is a possibility that it might introduce the system. It will need the support of the
constabulary and volunteers and will require funding in the form of a one-off payment of
approximately £3,000 per village. Head of Charles Kingsley’s School, Miss Z Lundy, commented
that she believed many parents would be willing to volunteer for Community Speedwatch.

Vehicle Activated Signs        Cllr D Bradley reported that EPC would be pushing for permanent
vehicle activated signs at its meeting with HCC on 2nd December and PC Hoban confirmed that the
Police would support this.

Website Link                  PC Hoban suggested EPC shows a link to Hants Constabulary on its
website.                                                                                                  Clerk


Fly Tipping

PC Hoban reported that he was aware that this was a major problem in Eversley and explained
that it is well known that Hart DC simply collects and does not prosecute. However, if the Police
are informed first and given registration numbers of vehicles or bills etc found in the dumped
rubbish, they will prosecute. Fly Tipping if there is evidence of the perpetrator, should be reported
to the Police before reporting to Hart DC, using the 101 number.
Farm Watch/Neighbourhood Watch

PC Hoban distributed information on both of these schemes and confirmed that Brian Webb was
still the Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator for Eversley and he was hoping to contact him in order
to get the system up and running again. Farm Watch has its own scheme run by a police
constable. PC Hoban asked the Parish Council to report any issues direct to him.

Motor Bikes

Cllr D Bradley referred to the nuisance caused in Bramshill Forest by youngsters on bikes which
were not registered or licensed. It happens irregularly and luckily is currently not a problem but
because of the numbers of horse riders in the forest, can be extremely dangerous. It also causes
a noise nuisance at the Ford in summer, where the bike riders congregate.


The Chairman thanked PC Hoban for giving his time to discuss matters and invited him to attend
any future meeting of the Parish Council and the Annual Parish Assembly in May.

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:5
posted:10/5/2012
language:Unknown
pages:6