SOS - Save Our Sports
TUSD Middle School Sports 2012-13
6th, 7th and 8th grade students are invited to play four after-school sports:
cross country, soccer, basketball, and volleyball.
● This is an intra-mural program, with no try-outs and no cuts.
● Practices will be held on campus, after school, with occasional travel to other schools for
● The emphasis is on sportsmanship and having fun.
● Students will learn the rules and strategies of each sport in a supportive environment,
coached by middle-school teachers.
● Both experienced and novice athletes are encouraged to participate.
● Games will be self-refereed by students.
● Each sport will last for 6 weeks, culminating in a one-day “festival” at the end of the
● A grade-level “all star” team will be chosen to compete in the festival.
● The festival will be held during the school.day - parents are invited to attend. This is a
unique opportunity to observe the students as they referee themselves and practice
Registration - $35 per sport (donation to the Tustin Public Schools Foundation).
See your PE teacher for more information and permission slips.
The registration donation covers the costs of the coaching staff, transportation to and from
scrimmages, and the all-day festival at the end of the season. Additional donations are
welcome and will help keep after-school sports available. Registration and donations may be
completed online at www.tpsf.net.
Cross Country - Sept. 17 - Oct. 25
Soccer - Nov. 26 - Jan. 18
Basketball - Feb. 11 - March 22
Volleyball - April 15 - May 24
For more information, contact your school’s Athletic Director or the Tustin Public Schools
Foundation at 714-832-6299 or firstname.lastname@example.org.