High School Curriculum – Art
I – Introduce M – Master R – Reinforce
High School Art I Art 2 Art 3/4 Clay
1. Apply materials, I M – Use mixed media to I – M– Use clay to create a
techniques and communicate ideas, thoughts, functional or sculptural
processes with and personal statements work of art.
sensitivity that personal
intentions are carried
out in the artwork.
2. Intentionally use art I M – Create a piece of artwork I -M – Create a piece of
materials and tools with the media to be chosen functional clay work.
effectively to by the student.
3. Apply I M – Solve a thematic I – M – Use clay to solve a
organizational problem using design and thematic problem.
principles and functions composition principles.
to solve specific visual
4. Be involved in the I M – Mat work for the student I
process and show, exhibit work in the
presentation of a final showcase.
product or exhibit.
5. Create artworks that I M – Create a multicolored I
use organizational design using specific design
principles and functions principles.
to solve specific visual
6. Describe the origins I R- M – Compare characteristics I
of the specific images of modern master’s art work
and ideas and explain to personal works.
why they are of value in
their artwork and in the
work of others.
7. Apply and adapt I – M – Compare mass R
subjects, symbols, and media solutions to the visual
creative ideas in arts to the everyday making
artworks and use the of personal art.
skills gained to solve
problems in daily life.
8. Demonstrate an I I
improved ability to
communal or other
purposed of art.
9. Create media I M – Use digital imaging to
productions that create a color oriented
values and aesthetics
10. Analyze the I M – Analyze the I
effectiveness of communicative properties of
selections in artwork in the 20th century.
and reflect upon
11. Identify intentions I M – Recognize different
of artists, explore the artist’s agendas and the time
implications of various period it is from.
purposes, and justify
analysis of purposes in
12. Describe how I M – Use colors to highlight I
expressive features and an object(s) in a work of art.
13. Reflect upon the I M – Analyze the use of color, R I
characteristics and shapes and design elements in
assess the merits of personal artwork
one’s personal artwork.
14. Reflect and analyze I I
15. Reflect on how the I I
subjects, ideas and
symbols of art works
and functionally with
respect to history and
16. Describe the I I
functions and explore
the meaning of specific
art objects within varied
cultures, times and
17. Analyze I
relationships of works
of art to one another in
terms of history,
aesthetics, and culture
made in the analysis
and using conclusions
to inform personal
18. Speculate and I
analyze how future
impact art in everyday
19. Describe the I I
characteristics of a
variety of visual arts
20. Compare the I
processes of the visual
arts with those of other
arts disciplines as they
are used in creative and
types of analysis.
21. Compare I
characteristics of the
visual arts within a
period or style with
ideas, issues or themes
in the humanities or