Taking Courses at Other Schools:
Using the FLVC.org
Transient Student Form
Heavener School of Business
233 Bryan Hall
1) Review the website of the school you want to
attend to determine the following:
• Procedures for registering as a transient (or
non-degree seeking) student
• Course number(s) and title(s)
Universal Tracking Equivalencies
• The availability of the course(s)
(Note: Most schools do not post their summer
course schedule until mid to late March)
Important Note: Some institutions
require students to apply for
admission to their school before they
fill out the transient form, while
others want students to fill out the
transient form first.
2) Go to www.flvc.org. Click “Student Login” and
create a username and password if you have not
3) After logging in, select “Transient Student
Admission” under “Apply”.
4) Read the instructions and click “Continue”
5) Select “University of Florida” in the drop down
menu under “Select Home Institution”
6) Enter your UF GatorLink ID (not your UF ID) and
7) Make sure the institution you want to attend is listed under the
“Login Assistance” page. If not, please contact your Heavener
School of Business Advisor.
Important Note: FACTS.org may not
accept your GatorLink password if it
contains an unusual character
(including some punctuation marks).
The only way around this is to change
8) Select Business Administration and All
Departments from the drop down menus. Click next.
Note: If you are not currently a business
major, you need to select the UF college
that oversees your current major.
9) Complete the form and select the transient
institution you want to attend.
10) Select the term/year and type in the course
info. Type your UF ID number in the “Student
Comments” box, and click to sign.
Your transient student form will be
automatically sent to the UF Heavener
School of Business. An academic advisor
will approve or deny your request.
A transient form might be denied if . . .
• You’re enrolled at UF in the same term
you’re asking to attend the other institution.
• You need 30 or less credits to finish your UF
• You are not a business major.
• You have already earned a C or better in
the course you want to take.
• You request to take a course that you are
required to take at UF.
When your transient form is approved by a
Heavener School of Business Academic
Advisor, it will be automatically sent to the
UF Registrar. When approved by the
Registrar, the form will be automatically
sent to the transient institution for final
You can check the progress of your
transient student form on Facts.org, on
the transient student form main page.
To earn credit for the course(s) you
complete at another institution, YOU must
ask the institution to send your transcript to
University of Florida
Transfer Credit Evaluation
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
ALL course work completed at other
institutions MUST be reported.
GUIDELINES FOR TAKING
COURSES AT OTHER SCHOOLS
Courses You CAN Take at Other Schools
Courses You CAN’T Take at Other Schools
Core Business Courses
Area of Specialization Courses
(i.e. Non-Business/Business Electives)
Grades Earned at Other Schools . . .
• WILL NOT be calculated into your UF
GPA but will appear on your official UF
• WILL be calculated into your business
Universal Tracking GPA
The Nine Hour Summer Requirement
Courses taken at a Florida community
college WILL NOT count toward the nine
hour summer enrollment requirement.
Courses taken at a Florida 4 year public
University WILL count toward the nine
hour summer requirement.