Welcome to Our Place, Inc.
Guidelines in the Office
1. The visiting parent is required to arrive, 15 minutes early, prior to each visit. If the
visiting parent fails to comply, we may terminate visitations at WTOP at
administrations discretion. The custodial parent shall not arrive any earlier than the
start of the visitation time and 5 minutes early for pick up at the end. Please do not
knock on the door until the scheduled end-time of the visitation. Late and early
arrivals will both be considered violations of our policies. If either party is late by 15
minutes, the visit may be cancelled and the cost will fall on the late party.
2. The visiting parent is not to have alcohol on his/her breath, be intoxicated or under
the influence of any illegal drugs while on the premises. We reserve the right to
cancel a visit and/or terminate our services if the security and safety of the child or
staff is at risk for any other reason determined by WTOP administration.
3. The following behaviors are prohibited and will not be tolerated: cussing, hitting,
kicking, spitting, spanking, biting, swearing, or breaking of items. Physical threats of
punishment and shouting will not be permitted. Time Out is an acceptable method
of correction while at WTOP. There will be no videotaping within our facility by
parents, other visitors or children. On special occasions and with permission given
ahead of time, staff at WTOP may take pictures as requested by parents. This may be
allowed if permission is sought prior to the day of the visit and will not be an
ongoing event during each visit. Whispering or note passing will not be permitted.
WTOP will not tolerate abusive talk or behavior, negative remarks about the other
parent or family members, or discussion of the case in front of the children.
4. No foreign languages will be spoken unless there is a professional interpreter or the
supervisor is proficient in the language. An interpreter service will be paid for by
the requesting party.
5. No outside breaks are to be taken. Once the parents/visitors are in the building, they
cannot leave until the visit has ended. Plan ahead and bring needed items inside
when you first arrive.
6. The noise level must be at a volume where the supervisor can hear the conversation
and yet not too loud that the other families cannot also be heard.
7. The visiting party is to provide any needed food, drinks, diapers, etc. for their
children. We have a refrigerator and microwave that may be used to assist you.
Cleaning of these appliances is expected. If custodial parent places limitations on
foods, drinks and such, WTOP requires a written list of items not to be given.
8. Each family will clean up their area before the end of the visit. We encourage visitors
to have the children assist. We ask that you be considerate of those coming behind
you. Dirty diapers are to be taken outside to the trash cans, behind our building at
the end of the visit.
9. The visiting party is to remain in the office until the child and other parties have left
the area. This will be approximately 10 minutes depending upon how quickly the
custodial party leaves. This is done to protect each party from allegations that are
often made when they run into each other outside our supervision. Both parties
must agree to not seek out contact in any way with the other parent while on our
premises. Children will not be released to anyone other than custodial parent unless
prior arrangements are made and those transporting have picture ID.
10. The use of cell phones is not permitted. All phones should be turned off during
11 Visitors others than those named in the court order will not be permitted unless this
has been arranged prior to the day of the visit and all parties agree. There will be no
exceptions and adherence will be expected. We cannot have people waiting in our
lobby as we are very crowded so plan ahead. Unauthorized visitors will be asked to
leave the premises including the parking lot area.
I have reviewed these guidelines and agree to comply with Welcome to Our Place
Parent/Legal Custodian Signature Date