The Scientific method: Monty
Python and the Holy Grail
Ask A Question
• Is She a Witch?
1. She looks like a witch
2. She turned a man into a newt
3. Witches burn because they are made of
4. Wood floats
5. Ducks float
• If she weighs the same as a duck, then
she will float; therefore she is a witch.
• Variables: weight and floats
Test the hypothesis with an
• Determine if the weight of the girl is equal
to the weight of the duck
Analyze: Observe and Collect
• The girl weighed the same as the duck!
Make a conclusion based on the
• The girl weighed as much as the duck;
therefore, she is a witch!! Burn her!!