Tips to Simplify the Tax Filing Process
Filing your taxes does not need to be an intimidating process. Although tax filing can be bothersome,
there are quite a few things you need to do before you file your taxes. There isn’t a need to worry about
a wide variety of forms and tax laws, as these tips can help your tax filing process run smoother than
ever this year.
● It’s never too early to start getting together any documents or forms you’ll need when filing
your taxes. Round up any documents or forms you’ll need when filing your taxes, they may be
receipted, canceled checks and other documents that support income or deductions you’re
claiming on your return.
● Ensure you have a W-2 from each employer. Make sure you collect any 1099 forms that you
may receive as your bank is required to print one for more than ten dollars of interest earned.
● Consider other filing options as there are many different options for filing your tax return. You
can prepare it yourself or go to a tax Preparer. You may be eligible for free face-to-face help
at an IRS office or volunteer site. Give yourself time to weigh all the different options and find
the one that best suits your needs. You have three options available to you in how you file
your taxes. You can do it yourself using the forms, you can use software or you can go to an
accountant or a tax preparation company.
● The refund process slows down the later you file your taxes. It is a good idea to file as soon as
you receive all of your forms in the mail. Consider Direct Deposit If you elect to have your refund
directly deposited into your bank account, you’ll receive it faster than waiting for a paper check.
● Consider electronic filing. Electronic filing is fast, easy, accurate and secure. When you file
electronically, the computer will handle the math calculations for you, and you will get your
refund in about half the time it takes when you file a paper return. Even if you file your taxes
through an accountant, they should be able to file your taxes online for you.
There are a number of financial and tax planning services that can help with calculating the taxes
properly and also at the same time give you suggestions in order to plan your finances in the best
Read More About: FBAR, Foreign Bank Account, IRS Amnesty, OVDP