Job Title: Stock Generation Manager
Reports to: Head of Retail
We are a well known high street charity retailer with a loyal customer and donor base.
We are best known for offering an exquisite and unique product range and unrivalled
levels of service.
We are an ambitious brand that is experiencing fantastic levels of growth across the high
In line with the expanding estate and robust business plan, we are now looking for an
outstanding Stock Generation Manager to play an integral part in our continued success.
You will be an experienced Manager with bags of personality and energy. A charismatic
and engaging leader, you will be able to demonstrate previous success in getting the
very best from our team. It goes without saying that communication will be your forte and
customer service, second nature.
We are looking for a result driven Stock Generation Manager who is highly analytical
and able to strike the balance between being both operational and strategic. Working
with the Retail Management Team and the Fundraising Team you will develop and
deliver a retail stock generation plan which will ensure delivery of budget at the same
time as acquiring new supporters whilst maintaining the highest standards of donor care.
Reporting to the Head of Retail, the Stock Generation Manager will be a key participant
in delivering the retail operations strategy.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, performance and monitoring of the
Stock Generation Process by
Developing corporate partnerships and identifying and securing new business to
generate stock donations which increase retail income.
Working collaboratively with the Retail Head Office Team.
Working closely in collaboration with all retail and fundraising colleagues to assist
in maximising overall charity income.
Effectively plan and source new stock generation streams.
Demonstrate strong leadership qualities through a hands-on approach and
If you think you're the talent we're looking for, don’t hesitate to send us your CV and a
covering letter detailing your current salary and a bit about yourself.
1. Identify and secure long-term, mutually beneficial corporate relationships to
secure donation of on-going or one-off end of line goods; unwanted items of new
stock or seconds: and, from lost property offices. This will involve undertaking
research, making cold calls, writing targeted proposals and preparing and
delivering quality presentations and pitches.
2. Ensure all agreements with businesses are in compliance with the charity’s
Ethical Policy and charity legislation.
3. Organise stock generation events or activities targeted specifically to meet retail
corporate partner’s needs. This will include “Bring a Bag” days to encourage
supporters to make donations and working effectively with shop managers.
4. Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships Fundraisers to ensure collaborative
working with existing corporate partners as well as developing new support.
Ensure up to date knowledge of all corporate fundraising activities to facilitate
cross-promotion of income as well as stock generation.
5. Ensure all commitments to partners are realistic, fulfilled to a high standard and
within deadlines. This will include overseeing stock collections with the van
driver and delivering cultivation and appreciation events/activities.
6. Ensure the effectiveness of administrative systems and procedures, including the
maintenance of records, thanking of donations and the development of a Retail
7. Target donations of specific types of stock as requested by the Area Retail
8. Organise other stock generation activities; this will include shopping centre
9. Recruit and manage a team of volunteers to support stock generation/collection
10. Deliver monthly reporting to monitor performance of donation streams, stock
generation activities and implementing remedial actions when required.
11. Organise and Facilitate networking opportunities, in conjunction with the retail
and fundraising teams where appropriate, in order to secure potential new
12. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate fundraising and stock generation
13. Ensure that all financial & non-financial targets are achieved.
Other duties include:-
1. To improve and maintain the profitability of Acorns shops by:
a. Agreeing targets with the Head of Retail
b. Ensuring targets are monitored and controlled
c. Developing opportunities to maximise profitability through new stock
2. To develop stock by:
a. Develope methods for increasing the supply of donated merchandise
from Corporate Partners, Local businesses, Local Auorities, Educational
Institutes, Sports Clubs, Supporter Groups etc.
3. To maintain effective administration and security by:
a. Ensuring paperwork is controlled and systems are in place.
b. Ensuring all requests for information from the Head of Retail are dealt
with in a timely and effective way
4. Assisting in the acquisition of shops
a. By prospecting and evaluation stock requirements pre-opening.
5. Actively support good communications practices within your work and promote
and maintain good teamwork.
6. Actively participate in an Individual Performance Review.
7. Actively participate in Training and Development to further enhance your role
8. Be aware of and comply with the rules relating to your employment as detailed in
the staff handbook.
9. Be aware and comply with the Health & Safety regulations of Acorns Children’s
10. Be aware of and comply with Fire Regulations within the Acorns buildings.
11. Anything else that may reasonably be expected as directed by the Head of
Retail. To represent Acorns Children's Hospice in a variety of different contexts
and to different audiences.
12. To maintain a current knowledge of changes in legislation affecting charities and
carry out fundraising activities in line with the Institute of Fundraising Codes of
13. To ensure that a positive image of Acorns Children's Hospice is projected at all
14. To contribute to other activities undertaken by Acorns Children's Hospice under
the direction of the Head of Retail and in collaboration with the Fundraising.
15. To contribute to organisational effectiveness through positive team-working.
This list is not exhaustive and may be adapted and changed from time to time as
Stock Generation Manager
Qualifications Good standard of general education. Further qualification in Management
and/or Business studies
Experience Minimum 3 years’ experience in Retail Fashion retail experience.
Management and or Fundraising role
essential. Exposure to the complexities of managing
Skill/Abilities Ability to motivate and inspire a variety of
individuals including senior decision makers Experience in fundraising, ideally
The highest standard of written and verbal
communication skills, including presentational Experience of working within a retail
Excellent at networking, influencing and
negotiating Ability to train others
Excellent organisational, project management Sound understanding of the application of
and planning skills charity legislation to fundraising activity
Sound research and analytical skills with a
meticulous eye for detail
Demonstrable experience of achieving
Proven track record of identifying, pitching
and securing new support
Proven experience of managing successful
relationships with businesses either within a
corporate, retail or fundraising environment.
Broad understanding of fundraising
Knowledge of the charity and corporate
IT Literate including the use of Microsoft
Personal Outgoing and display a creative and
Qualities innovative approach. Interest in, and commitment to, the aims
and objectives of Acorns Children's
A professional approach with good Hospice.
judgement, tact and diplomacy.
A proactive and organised approach to work.
Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to
engage and motivate others.
Positive attitude to team work.
Ability to work independently, use initiative, be
self-motivated and resilient
Understanding of the importance in promoting
a brand identity.
Ability to manage commercial activities
matched by a sensitivity in HR management
Well organised/ Forward planner
Others Full Driving Licence
Commitment to Equal Opportunities
Flexible approach to working hours including
evenings and weekends.