Harold R. Stanley & Sandra E. Knudsen
2238 Scottwood Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43620-1102
Cell (419) 320-2087 or (419) 320-2170
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
APARTMENT LEASE AGREEMENT
Date of Lease Agreement: _______________ This is a binding document. Read carefully before signing.
1. Parties. This Lease Contract is between you, 8. Storage of our belongings. We will continue
the resident(s), _______________________ to store personal items along the sides and
and us, the property owners: Sandra E. back of the garage, one room of the
Knudsen & Harold R. Stanley. basement, the attic at the back of the third
floor, and the cedar closet on the second
2. Lease Term. This Lease covers the period floor.
_______________________. The lease
may be renewed, but there will be no 9. Keys and Locks. You will be provided two
month-to-month agreement. keys, which fit all of the exterior doors,
including the apartment side entrance. There
3. Occupant. The house will be occupied only is also a separate key to open the storm door
by you. No one else may live in the house. on north side entrance. The locks may not be
Guests may not stay more than three nights changed or re-keyed unless specifically
in a row. authorized by us.
4. Third floor occupant: Please note that the 10. Safety. You and your guests are expected to
third floor apartment is rented separately, at keep the outside doors locked at all times.
this time to Jessica Stolle. She uses the side
entrance to access the stairway to the third 11. Alarm System The house and the apartment
floor. She has laundry privileges on the are monitored by Guardian Alarm. You are
second floor, which you can schedule to be expected to keep the “STAY” feature of the
mutually convenient. She has access and use alarm system on whether you are inside or
of the back yard and patio. not. We will explain the system to you and
authorize you to communicate with
5. Rent. You will pay $800.00 per month Guardian Alarm.
($400 per person) for rent, payable on or
before the first day of each month, 12. Smoke Detectors: There are smoke detectors
delivered in person or by mail to on all floors of the house, both battery-
CharterOne Bank, payable to account no. powered detectors and units tied into the house
___________. alarm system. If the battery-powered units
Your cashed check will be your chirp continuously, this indicates that the
receipt. battery is dead and you are expected to replace
You may not withhold or offset rent the battery immediately.
unless authorized in advance in writing.
13. Utilities. We will pay for the following utilities
6. Security Deposit. The total security and * Water, sewer, garbage
cleaning deposit is $800, payable in advance * Gas (hot water and radiator heat)
when this lease is signed. * Electricity
Utilities may be used only for normal
7. Furniture. The house is mostly furnished, household purposes and must not be wasted.
including linens and kitchen equipment. We
have taken photographs of all rooms and 14. Outside: lawns, gardens, and snow:
will review the contents and condition with * We have agreed to a low monthly rent with
you in advance, so that we agree on the understanding that you will promptly clear
inventory and condition. snow from the driveway and sidewalks and
porches. An electric snow-blower, rotary screw
hand-push snow remover, and snow shovels are Agreement term ends. After that period, we
provided. reserve the right to change the terms of the
* You have also agreed to keep the lawns agreement, including increasing the monthly
mowed (gas-powered lawn mower provided). rent, by giving you notice of the change(s) at
* We hope you will plant the side garden, raised least forty-five (45) days in advance of the
beds, and take care of the peach trees, raspberry effective date of the change.
bushes, and shrubs.
24. Disclosure Rights. If someone requests
15. Repairs and Maintenance: Please let our information on you or your rental history for
representatives Marge and Jim 00000, who law-enforcement, government, or business
lives at 0000 Parkwood Avenue, Telephone purposes, we may provide it.
419-000-0000, know immediately, any time of
the day or night, if you have any problems 25. Parking. You may park in one of the garage
(such as radiator heat too hot or inadequate, spaces or in the driveway; an automatic garage
wastewater stoppage, plumbing leaks) so that door opener is provided.
he can have them fixed at once. Please be considerate of Patty ad John
Gallagher, our neighbors to the north, as the
16. Renter’s insurance. We require you to arrange driveway is shared by the two houses.
your own renter’s insurance in order to protect
yourself and your belongings in the event of 26. Disclosure of information about lead-based paint
losses due to theft, fire, water damage, and the and/or lead-based paint hazards. Please read and
like. sign the attached disclosure form that explains that
this house was built before 1978 and may contain
17. Limitations on Conduct. The house, its lead paint.
access stairways, and other areas used by you
and your guests must be kept clean. 27. Condition of the Premises and Alterations. You
Your trash must be disposed of at least accept the house, fixtures, and furniture as is,
weekly. Recyclables are collected alternate except for conditions that affect health or safety.
weeks. On collection days, please move the You will be given an Inventory List of furniture,
bins onto the street for pick up before 7 a.m. etc., with this Lease Agreement. Please note on the
List all defects or damage and return it. Otherwise,
18. Limitations on Conduct. Your and your everything will be considered to be in clean, safe,
guests may not anywhere in the house or on and good working condition.
the outside porches use candles or any open You must use ordinary diligence in maintaining
flame or kerosene lamps or kerosene heaters. the house in a clean and neat condition.
If you wish to barbecue, please do so in the Unless authorized by us, you may not perform
back yard. any repairs, painting, wallpapering, carpeting,
electrical changes, or otherwise alter our property.
19. Limitations on Conduct. Smoking is not No water bed or similar furniture, additional
permitted in the house. phone or TV-cable outlets, satellite dish or
antenna are permitted unless specifically
20. Limitations on Conduct. Pets are not authorized by us.
permitted in the house.
28. When We May Enter. Upon giving you notice,
21. Prohibited Conduct: You and your guests we or our repairers, contractors,
may not engage in any illegal activity, nor in representatives, or other persons may enter the
any of the following asocial activities: apartment at reasonable times during normal
behaving in a loud or obnoxious manner, business hours upon giving you 24 hours
disturbing or threatening the rights, notice. If nobody is in the apartment, such
comfort, health, safety, or convenience or persons may enter by duplicate or master key.
others; possessing or using any controlled We also have the right to enter your home
substances or drugs. without giving 24-hour notice in case of an
emergency (such as, but not limited to, fire,
22. Noise Levels: Music and television sound smoke, gas, explosion, overflowing sewage or
levels must be kept moderate, particularly water, electrical shorts, or crime in progress).
before 8 A.M. and after 9 P.M. After you have given notice of move-out, we
may also show the apartment to prospective
23. Rent Increases and Lease Agreement Changes. residents, or to government inspectors for the
No rent increase or Lease Agreement changes limited purpose of determining housing and
will be implemented before this Lease fire ordinance compliance by us and to
lenders, appraisers, contractors, prospective Signature of Renter #1:
buyers, or insurance agents.
29. Laundry facilities. The washer and dryer on the Date: ____________________________________
second floor are available for you and the third
floor tenant to use at times to be arranged that Signature of Renter #2:
are mutually convenient.
30. Move-out Notice. Before moving out, you Date: ____________________________________
must give us 30 days advance notice in
writing. Before departing you must thoroughly
Signature of Owner:
clean the house, including carpets, doors,
windows, furniture, bathroom fixtures and
floor, kitchen appliances, terrace, and all (Sandra E. Knudsen / Harold R. Stanley)
stairways to the tenant entrance.
You will then meet with us or our Date: ____________________________________
representative for a joint move-out inspection.
Your security deposit may be used to cover
repairs or damaged caused by negligence,
carelessness, accident, or abuse, including
stickers, scratches, tears, burns, stains, or
31. Deposit return. We will mail your security
deposit refund and an itemized accounting of
any deductions no later than 30 days after
termination of your tenancy.
In order to receive a full cleaning and
security deposit return, you will need to leave
the apartment in as clean condition as you
found it, including:
* Vacuum all carpeted floor areas
* Wash the bathroom and kitchen floors
* Scrub sinks, tub and shower stall, and toilet
* Dust and clean walls, shelving, fixtures, and
* Replace burned-out light bulbs
* Clean the two flights of stairs, including
banisters, that provide access from your
entrance door to your apartment
32. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UNLESS
PERMISSION IS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED AND
GRANTED ONLY YOU MAY LIVE IN THE HOUSE?
33. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND YOUR
VISITORS MAY NOT SMOKE INSIDE THE HOUSE?
34. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PETS ARE NOT
PERMITTED IN THE HOUSE? YES •
35. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO CANDLES OR
OTHER NAKED FLAMES MAY BE BURNED IN THE
HOUSE? YES •
36. Other special provisions: