KPGNotes10052012 AgendaJuly2012 by fDQ7Zq

VIEWS: 3 PAGES: 3

									              KENMORE PATIENTS GROUP MEETING

                         DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED

                   KENMORE MEDICAL CENTRE

                              3.30-5.30pm


                             AGENDA

                  3.30       Notes Scribe Volunteer
                             Welcome
                             Apologies
                             AOB
                             Notes from last Meeting

                  3.40       Building Progress Report

                  3.50       Government/PCT Changes

                  4.00       Patient Reference Group

                  4.05       Working Party Progress Reports
                             Reception
                                    Patient Education and Newsletter
                                    Recruitment
                                    Website and Internet Initiatives
                                    Practice Overview
                                    Practice Booklet
                                    Health and Safety

                  5.15       Practice Away Afternoons

                  5.30       End of Meeting




IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND CAN YOU PLEASE TELEPHONE JUDITH ADAMS
            ON 01625 524996 WELL BEFORE THE MEETING.
                              KENMORE PATIENTS GROUP MEETING

                               THURSDAY 10 MAY 2012


Present: Andrew Blain, Judith Adams, Audrey Ramsey, Hilary Shaw, Tomi Komoly, Colin Philpott,
         Angela Philpott, Margarita Vickers.
         Andrew welcomed back Audrey.

Apologies: Ann Brown, John Shields, Mary Salmon, Eira Froyd, Lynne Garner,.

Doctor: No Doctor available


Notes from Last Meeting
Responding to Patients: Andrew and Judith spoke to a number of younger patients at the Family
Planning Clinic on 28 March. They were surprised that a large number of them were not aware of
being able to book appointments via the internet and to receive texts to remind them of appointments.
The next visit will be to the Mother and Baby Clinic.
Leaflets on non-NHS Charges: Andrew spoke to the Practice staff about the content of this leaflet
at the recent Away Afternoon.

Building Progress Report
Margarita reported that the building work is progressing well and to plan. The builders are about to
start work in the original building and there will therefore be more noise and disruption. During this
period there will be less consulting rooms available which means Doctors and Nurses will
sometimes see patients in various rooms and may also work on different days to normal.
The building company carrying out the work has recently had the quality of their work checked
against national standards and the result was a very high score.

Government/PCT Changes
None.

Patient Reference Group
Andrew said that, whilst Lynne and Claire were busy with the building work, we would help by
drafting a questionnaire to ask the Group to comment on current services provided by the Practice.
There would also be questions about possible future services, making clear the constraints on the
Practice and asking that any suggestions be placed in order of priority.
Action John.

Working Party Progress Reports
Practice Booklet: Nothing to report.
Health and Safety: Nothing to report.
Reception: Nothing to report.
Patient Education and Newsletter: Details of the staff's NVQ awards, the announcement on the
front door of the Practice that it will close at 1pm on Away Afternoons, the return of Dr. Rachel
Barnes from maternity leave at end of June and explanations of the different categories of Doctors
and Nurses who work both permanently and temporarily in the Practice will be included in the next
Newsletter.
Recruitment: Andrew asked again that all staff (including Receptionists) should put forward names
of patients, especially younger ones, to join the Group. He said he had mentioned this at the recent
Away Afternoon.
Website and Internet Initiatives: Angela told the Group that, following an initial meeting with
Tom, she was going to look at a number of other Practice websites and see if they had any aspects
that that the Practice might include.
Users of the appointment booking facility via the website should not forget that the
appointments available there are a very small number compared to the number available
by phone or by calling into the Practice.
Tomi said that when using the new appointment system it goes back to the the old system. Action
Tomi to speak to Tom.
Practice Overview: Andrew and Judith met with Lynne and discussed the progress on the new
Building and early feedback from their visit to the Family Planning Clinic.

Practice Away Afternoons
2 May: Judith and Andrew said that a Consultant had talked about operating on hernias, Dr.
Huddart had gone through the recent changes to QOF (Quality Outcomes Framework), Dr. Scott
reminded the Practice on the importance of early diagnosis of Diabetes and Dr. Sheik had
introduced the new process for dealing with strokes.
4 July: The Practice will be going on a Teambuilding afternoon.

Any Other Business
Q&A on constraints on the Practice Budget: Action Andrew to send details of Dr. Huddart's
reply to Tomi. Tomi to produce draft document.
Attendance at Policy Board: Andrew and Judith will going on Wednesday 16 May.
Recycling of surplus medicines within date: Action Margarita to look into this.
KPG Members address list: Judith asked all present to check that their details were correct.



   THE DATE AND LOCATION OF OF THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ANNOUNCED
              WEEK COMMENCING 9 JULY


   THESE NOTES ARE ALSO DISPLAYED ON THE PRACTICE WEBSITE

     IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT WHAT
   WE DO IN THE PATIENTS GROUP, PLEASE RING THE CHAIR, ANDREW
   BLAIN ON 01625 535357(daytime) OR 01625 528866 (evenings/weekends), OR
   E-MAIL HIM ON patient.group@gp-n81002.nhs.uk

								
To top