HARNETT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
County Administration Building
102 East Front Street
Lillington, North Carolina
Results of Board Meeting
January 5, 2009 9:00 a.m.
- Order of Business –
1. Call to order – Chairman Timothy B. McNeill
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation – Vice Chairman Beatrice B. Hill
3. Consider additions and deletions to the published agenda
Add to consent agenda: Contract for preparation of Public Facilities Corp. form
Delete from agenda: item 4. H. Request for refund of interest on tax bill
4. Consent Agenda: All items on the consent agenda, including addition, were approved.
B. Budget amendments
C. Tax refunds and releases
D. Resolution for permit extension for Anderson Creek C & D Landfill
E. Memorandum of Agreement with NC DOT for debris removal
F. Request from the Arts Council to be a Designated County Partner
G. Lease agreement for former landfill to be used for hunting
Deleted from agenda: H. Request from citizen for refund of interest on tax bill
I. Request for waiver of fees for manufactured home violations
J. Request from Coop. Ext. to submit grant application for at-risk youth
after school program
All consent agenda items have been reviewed by the interim county manager and are
recommended for approval by the Board.
5. Period of up to 30 minutes for informal comments allowing 3 minutes for each presentation
Gary Ross, Forest Ridge Subdivision, asked questions regarding a street in the
subdivision. His concerns are associated with several handicapped people who use the road
Board of Health – Dr. Auston “Trey” C. Williams III
Harnett County Planning Board – Robert Barefoot
Harnett County Public Facilities Corp. Board of Directors – Ted Honeycutt
7. Sandhills Center Mental Health Services Annual Report – Michael Watson,
Chief Executive Officer
8. Designation of voting delegate for NCACC Legislative Goals Conference
Chairman Tim McNeill will serve as voting delegate representing Harnett County.
9. Interim County Manager’s report – Wm. A. (Tony) Wilder
Mr. Wilder announced that Christine Clinton will be the new director of JobLink
Career Center, replacing Addie McLean who recently retired. Ms. Clinton will begin
duties January 15, 2009.
At its next meeting, the Board will consider a request from the City of Dunn for the
County to waive the landfill tipping fee for demolition of 10 condemned houses.
10. Closed session to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or
other businesses in Harnett County.
11. New Business